What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me, I always pay attention (yeah, right). If I bake cookies, I have to ask Stirling to watch them for me. He's more than happy to do it. If I don't, I burn them. I've burnt lots of stuff from not paying attention.

:LOL: That's one reason why I don't bake, my attention span is too short!

if you layer paper towels beneath and above the bacon, it won't burn. only then, the towels will soak up most of your rendered bacon grease. (oh nooo)

be very careful putting paper towels under the bacon in your nuker.

the fat soaks into the paper and the combo can start a grease fire in just a few minutes.

a guy at work reheated some pizza on paper towels, leaving one in the microwave that had some of the oil from the pizza on it. another guy came along and put another paper towel on top, then re-heated a cup of tea.

the paper towels caught on fire setting off smoke alarms. the city firemen that showed up weren't too happy, nor were our bosses.

be very careful putting paper towels under the bacon in your nuker.

the fat soaks into the paper and the combo can start a grease fire in just a few minutes.

a guy at work reheated some pizza on paper towels, leaving one in the microwave that had some of the oil from the pizza on it. another guy came along and put another paper towel on top, then re-heated a cup of tea.

the paper towels caught on fire setting off smoke alarms. the city firemen that showed up weren't too happy, nor were our bosses.

Hoo boy, good warning, BT!

:LOL:

Reminds me of a story about my mom. When she was very little, her family had a beloved blond cocker spaniel. The dog died without her knowledge when she was visiting relatives, so her dad looked all over for another cocker, and found one, only it was black. Her mother carefully explained that the dog had changed color in her absence. Mom pondered this for awhile, then asked, "What color Daddy now?"

Good one Dawg :ROFLMAO:

We had some lovely fish and chips for lunch, we have the best chippie as our local :)

Have been doing a bit of housework, vacuuming, mopping floors etc, then we watched a movie

Thinking of getting dinner organised soon :)

Whacked up a frozen 11 pound slab of fat back into portions ranging from 6.5 to 33 ounces. A scrupulously cleaned 1.5" wide Stanley carpenter's chisel and a beefy counter top proved to be an excellent way of performing this task. That chisel has now become a permanent part of my butchering armamentarium.

Last edited:
This morning I have done some shopping and also I have been cleaning out the pantry, it is sparkling :)

Now watching some Greys Anatomy :)

I don't think theres any fat left. LOL

I was going to say, it looks a little *rendered* to me, too :LOL:

I just got from shopping. I made my way to my favorite shops and managed to piece together the things I need for my next project at two of them.
Then I hit a real grocery store and got drenched in the downpour as I was leaving. My hair is still dripping and that was 30 minutes ago.
Now I am going to plug my computer into the TV and finish off Downton Abbey.

I have been out doing mystery shopping jobs this morning, just finishing up the reports online and then I am done :)

This afternoon I am going to head out for a walk and then get dinner prepared as we are having mum over for dinner tonight :)

Sorting my desk while playing computer games. I had a very productive couple of days so I am giving myself the evening off! Soon I will go watch Jeopardy and The Taste! :)

Back
Top Bottom