What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
geez, thanks very much, addie, but i'm just doing par for the course. he's a good boy and deserves every bit of my love and attention. what kind of man wouldn't want to be a good father? i'm blessed that i get to have fun and be proud of him.

From what I understand about your weather you can just set it outside for 5 minutes...

It was raining yesterday. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind about what season we're in. This winter we've had highs in the 60's and lows around zero. We've had snow, rain, and days sunny and warm enough to tempt me to break out my sandals and capris. It's been kind of ridiculous.

It was raining yesterday. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind about what season we're in. This winter we've had highs in the 60's and lows around zero. We've had snow, rain, and days sunny and warm enough to tempt me to break out my sandals and capris. It's been kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, rain wouldn't have been good...they sure looked good!

Working on a king cake for tomorrow and will spend the remainder of the day in my studio making window treatments for our front doors. I made a pair of roman shades for the doors yesterday. Now, I have to create/make the top treatments for them. I have all the fabric, lining and trim but I still need to settle on how I want them to look.

I also want to make a new roman shade for our bathroom window. I found some fabric I like better than the one I originally made. I should probably make the bathroom shade this afternoon. I can make roman shades in my sleep.

Getting ready to head out to H&R Block...get a new cat tree, the one the cats have now is just about shredded to death, I want one without sisal rope.

I ate 4 pomegranates tonight, wondering what on earth I was thinking?! It hurts!!! My stomach sounds like a tumbledryer with marbles in it. I'm too scared to go sleep or go the bathroom. I'm armed with a pomegranate shotgun, I might kill the poor toilet duck!
The tenants downstairs are going to think they're under attack tonight, hope they're heavy sleepers lol!

Just getting ready to go to my in-laws for lunch. My SIL is down and we haven't seen her since Christmas so it will be a nice relaxing afternoon.

Today is the first "Family Day" holiday in British Columbia. It is actually an election ploy from our current Premier, but a nice reason to have a holiday! :)

Whoa there... a little TMI there, snip. lol

I just got my pot to simmering with my lasagna sauce.

Yes, tonight's lasagna will be a real treat for me. I'm even following a recipe, just so it doesn''t come out tasting like my normal pasta sauce with a different noodle. lol

Yes, tonight's lasagna will be a real treat for me. I'm even following a recipe, just so it doesn''t come out tasting like my normal pasta sauce with a different noodle. lol

Let me know how it turned out? I have the same problem. I'm a creature of habit, always end up reaching for the same spices when making tomato based pasta sauce. All my pasta tastes the same :wacko:

I'm just happy I finally got to use that bottle of fennel someone told me I needed in my spice cabinet.

I also always use a recipe for lasagne so it's not the same as everything else. That sauce I make completely from scratch.

I would have asked what he did, in case it happens again. Maybe it was just a tripped breaker.

I actually did have the presence of mind to check the panel, and all was well there. I appreciated his not trying to sell me a new something-or-other I didn't need. Yet.

I have a question for you, pac, to call on your logical mind. Today I have been picking little narrow oak leaves out of the gravel I mindlessly (well, actually I knew what I was doing, just didn't think I'd tire of the result so soon) spread under the tree last summer. I don't own a leaf blower or shop vac (yet) but wonder if I could use a household vac on them. My old Hoover cannister is practically a member of the family and I'd hate to mess it up. Do you think I could get away with slurping up leaves with it?

Gosh - there are lots of places to spend extra $$, aren't there?

Thanks Pac :) It sounds good. Maybe a bit sweet? I like the addition of Italian sausage. If it's good I'll give it a go, let you be the guinea pig for now lol!

I actually did have the presence of mind to check the panel, and all was well there. I appreciated his not trying to sell me a new something-or-other I didn't need. Yet.

I have a question for you, pac, to call on your logical mind. Today I have been picking little narrow oak leaves out of the gravel I mindlessly (well, actually I knew what I was doing, just didn't think I'd tire of the result so soon) spread under the tree last summer. I don't own a leaf blower or shop vac (yet) but wonder if I could use a household vac on them. My old Hoover cannister is practically a member of the family and I'd hate to mess it up. Do you think I could get away with slurping up leaves with it?

Gosh - there are lots of places to spend extra $$, aren't there?

Whatever gave you the idea I had a logical mind?
I'm the guy that tried to use a leaf blower to dry a floor... and it was working well, too... until the smoke alarms went off :LOL:

Are you saving the leaves or you simply want them removed from the gravel so the gravel looks nice?
If it was me... I'd fire up the big propane torch and torch them all. Just don't hold the torch too long in one spot or the gravel will POP. Ask me how I know that :ermm: Darn things are hot, too!

I would probably just rake them on a windy day. What won't blow away will probably stick to the tines.

so anyway, what i finally did, was order out my dinner the other night, a delicious indian chicken curry, cause curry was all that was on my mind after connecting with helen, in india....oh, and i figure i still have $30.00 left from this 'windfall' to play with, another day....:)

Sorry I was late seeing this, V. Curry-in is a great way to drop a few bucks.

Let me tell you, though. I saved about $17.00 on a half gallon of milk yesterday. I bought it at the nice, new gas station just up the street. I know it was overpriced, but still less than I would have spent at the grocery store -- can't get out of there for less than $20 for some reason. :D I must admit it was hard passing the Krispy Kreme case as I bought the milk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom