What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you can get it sorted soon Taxy
Thanks Kylie. I think I have a temporary fix. I removed it from FireFox and disabled it in IE (which I don't use, but QuickBooks® does). I also used Windows Task Manager to stop the processes. I'll deal with it properly if I have to and otherwise when tax season is over.

Right now I'm multi-tasking yet again. I'm cruising through this forum, a forum for my favorite soap - General Hospital - listening to Eat St. on the Cooking Channel and crocheting.

i'm watching hannibal. love lawrence fishbourne's love scenes with his wife. he is so sexy--age becomes maturity, and white hot chemistry, in the character he plays....

Got part of my fence painted this afternoon with that oxblood-colored paint. It looks like an axe-murderer ran amok. But I like it.

Took a little ride this morning to a blueberry farm where their crop has just come in. I felt like Sheryl Crow in her "All I Wanna Do" song, where she and the guy next to her at the bar were getting their beer buzz, watching the good people across the street washing their cars. I bought 2 lbs. of berries from the already picked fridge while the good people were out in the field with buckets, picking their own. Cuz I'm old, that's why -- and besides they're only saving a buck a pound from the ready to go ones. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a ready-made pie crust. Woe is me. Fatter is me, also. :pig:

PS - thanks for the Anzac info, Kylie.

oooh tin, you are turning positively bohemian lately, and of course i do so love to see that.:) i can just picture it tin, you eating blueberries out of a paper bag, unwashed, by the handful, having fun and watching the sun coming up on mullholland boulevard. then, heading home and eager to see your blood red fresh-painted fence on this bright sunny day--the taste of sweet berries still lingering on your lips....

right after reading your blueberry story with its sheryl crow description, tin, i confess to going straight to youtube for a feelgood party of rockin' out with sheryl crow and her free-wheeling 90s west coast music. whenever i listen to sheryl, i get this happy sensation of something very good about to happen....:)

We went out to 2 different garden centres and bought 3 English Box plants, some coriander and some baby spinach.

Steve has already planted them all and planted the baby spinach and coriander in our vegetable planter :)

I have made some sausage rolls this afternoon, pork sausage minced up with fresh flat leafed parsley and fennel seeds, they are amazing :yum:

Just been on the phone chatting with mum, she and her partner are heading away to Mildura for a week, she is leaving on Sunday, that will be nice for her, it is great that she is going away on holidays so often :)

Now relaxing with a coffee :)

I just "did" this :yum:

Attachments

• sausage, chicken, ravioli soup.jpg
    sausage, chicken, ravioli soup.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 219
Feeling a bit amazed. Somehow I accomplished tons of things all before 10 a.m. Four loads of laundry done, one of which is hanging on the line outside, both bathrooms sanitized, the kitchen, utility room and two bathroom floors mopped, the house vacuumed, the breezeway and front porch swept, a cake iced and a load of laundry from yesterday all folded and put away.

We didn't get up any earlier than usual but things just seemed to flow nicely. All that's left to do is to decide what we're going to have for tonight's dinner and take the linens off the line when they're dry to make our bed.

All I can think is that someone put a dollar's worth of quarters in me and wound me up tight!:LOL:

It's great to have nearly a whole day ahead to do whatever I choose to do. We'd go out on the motorcycle but it's supposed to rain. Boo, hiss!! Guess I'll just have to go to my studio and play.

Katie, your post inspired me to get up off my butt and get moving. Been lazy today but now I have clean dishes and laundry and planted bell peppers, squash and onions. Thanks! :)

Had a semi-productive day today. Mom and I went to Wal-Mart today to do our bi-weekly Walmart shop and to get gas. Hoped to get some cotton yarn so I could make some dishclothes but they were out of the white that I needed, so instead I decided to start on my granddaughters baby blanket. That seems weird to say still, my DD is due the end of June with her first child - a little girl!

After we got home, fixed some BBQ for lunch then took a long nap after mom went to bed. Just woke up about an hour ago, so I imagine I'll be awake for a while tonight. That's OK, I can work on my blanket. Having leftover ham steak and mac-and-cheese for supper tonight.

Thank you all for making me feel like a slug. I haven't done a thing all day other than going out to buy a sandwich for lunch (and eating it).

Thank you all for making me feel like a slug. I haven't done a thing all day other than going out to buy a sandwich for lunch (and eating it).

A dirty job, but somebody has to do it. :chef:

It was nice to have a full day without any meetings, a rare occurrance. I actually got stuff done for a change.

Last edited:
Hello everyone :)

It is a lovely morning here, it feels like early Spring instead of Autumn and we are heading for 27c...going to be nice :)

I just got back in from shooting.
Watching the draft while my lobster tail thaws.

I didn't mean to make you feel like a slug - I actually felt like one when I first woke up from my nap today. Just now getting my groove on. Listening to Entertainment Tonight and hoping they will mention anything about George Jones. What kind of sandwich did you get - and did you enjoy it?

I didn't mean to make you feel like a slug - I actually felt like one when I first woke up from my nap today. Just now getting my groove on. Listening to Entertainment Tonight and hoping they will mention anything about George Jones. What kind of sandwich did you get - and did you enjoy it?

cjimmy, I do nothing a lot so I'm not really bothered that others have energy. I've learned to accept that others have to do stuff so I can be a slug, something I revel in.

There is a deli in the center of town that makes the perfect Italian sub. I try to get one about once every week or two.

Back
Top Bottom