What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel like a taxi driver. DH's car is in the shop, so I drove him to work, dropped Beagle off at the vet to get a growth removed from her chest, went to the drug store to pick up the script I'd called in yesterday, it wasn't ready, 30 minutes, they said, so I went home and drove back to the drug store a couple hours later. They still didn't have my pills, said to come back at noon, so I drove home. Message on the answering machine said they'd made a mistake, no script till Monday, but they had 5 pills for me to pick up to tide me over. DH called and wanted to do lunch, so I drove back to his work and picked him up. We had lunch, then I drove him back to work and drove home. Message from vet to pick up Beagle after 2:00. Drove back to vet, picked up Beagle, drove back to drug store, picked up my 5 pills. Drove home. Thought I was done, but got a call from DH, his tennis partner/ride home from work bailed, so I drove back to DH's work, picked him up, and drove home.

I'm not leaving. Got absolutely nothing done today, other than getting Beagle and driving. DH is exhausted.

Shuffling through the DC threads in my house slippers, glass of wine at hand, relaxing after the stress of being spontaneous today. I usually need 24 hours notice to be spontaneous, but between the rains and the heat over the last month I've gone out just to grocery shop or go to church. I finally reached my cabin fever threshold and we went out for the day. Nowhere in particular, but we had a nice time winding through country roads, eating somewhere I didn't do the cooking, and stopped at a not-easy-to-get-to grocery store for a couple bags of goodies from their bulk food dispensers. Back to the real world and grocery shopping tomorrow.

ah, but learning to tolerate being a passenger would be way more difficult for me than taxiing....

There have been some drivers I will never get in a car with again. Fortunately my kids know how nervous I get being in a car. Having been involved in an accident, I am a bit edgy. I don't say anything. But I have been known to ask the crazy driver to stop and let me out of the car. Only my daughter has been involved in an accident. Both times she was hit and not at fault. She works for the RMV and HAS to keep her record clean or she could lose her job. She has had her job for 23 years. Certainly doesn't want to lose it after all these years. None of my other kids have ever had an accident. Not even just a fender bender.

I do get a bit edgy when riding with Poo. Having driven an ambulance for 15 years, he has a tendency to go somewhat faster than I like. But I do trust his driving.

On the other hand, I refuse to ride with my granddaughter. She is one of those drivers that we all talk about. On the cell phone while trying to reach in back attempting to get a Binkie into the baby's mouth to stop the crying. All the while yelling at the two older kids to sit down and put the seat belt on. She will also be passing out the food from the drive-thru window to all the kids. Her husband is worse. He is a cop and drives all the time as if he were on a chase. All this on a major highway. No thanks, I will take the bus or walk. :angel:

Addie, like you, there are drivers that I just don't trust their driving. I'm a good, defensive driver. When I didn't have a car, people would give me lifts and often scare me. When I have a car, I am giving the lifts and I don't have to accept lifts from dubious drivers. I get uncomfortable when I see the driver isn't checking their blind spots or isn't keeping what I consider a decent following distance etc.

I take driving very seriously. I joke about it, "I drive as though my life depended on it." When I hadn't driven for 18 years, I could have just practised with a friend and then taken the driving test to get my license. I chose to pay for a few driving lessons to make sure my driving was up to par. The guy who gave me the driving test told me that it had been many years since he had seen anyone take the test so well.

I've been in three car accidents. Two, my dad was driving, but not at fault. One where I was rear-ended by a drunk driver. The fact that neither Stirling nor I had so much as a crick-in-the-neck, is why I drive Volvos. Knud, the Volvo, was badly enough damaged that the insurance company called it a write off. There was no damage inside the cabin, but the frame was bent and the trunk was smashed. BTW, two cops saw it happen. They turned on their siren to try to make the other driver notice that he was about to plow into me. Didn't work.

I will not ride with my Dad, if forced I lay down in the backseat and try to sleep. This is the same person who taught me to drive...Mom or my Brother do all the driving now.

Bored already. I have no more major projects to do. It's back to the usual grind.Now what?

Think I need a new puppy?

Our new giant Goodwill store opened Thursday, they are in a space about twice the size of what they had before. We are going to go take a wander through. If I can convince Shrek, we will wander down to the Farmer's Market, too. If n ot I will drop him back home and go myself.

Our new giant Goodwill store opened Thursday, they are in a space about twice the size of what they had before. We are going to go take a wander through. If I can convince Shrek, we will wander down to the Farmer's Market, too. If n ot I will drop him back home and go myself.

WOOOO- Good Will.. Those stores are awesome!
I have noticed a thing about the ones around here. Nobody that I know noticed it until they asked me how did I find such nice things. Meaning brand new still in the manufacturer's original packaging and such. Maybe the employees were tucking them out of sight for themselves. Who knows. Now they call and tell me the goodies that they've found.

You know the appliance section? That's a hot ticket, especially if you look on the bottom shelf in the back, in the dark area. The brand new stuff is hidden.

Linen sections? Go right to the middle. Restaurants/Luxury Hotels donate unused towels, tablecloth's, curtains. You name it.

What time will you be picking me up? We can take my truck. Shrek has to drive it though. I can't see over the dash without a pillow. Need blocks for my shoes to reach the peddles.:LOL:

Good will cures boredom.

Canadian Tire is having a one day "15% money on the card" deal today, only. We are planning to go and buy a MasterChef (store brand) gas grill.

WOOOO- Good Will.. Those stores are awesome!
I have noticed a thing about the ones around here. Nobody that I know noticed it until they asked me how did I find such nice things. Meaning brand new still in the manufacturer's original packaging and such. Maybe the employees were tucking them out of sight for themselves. Who knows. Now they call and tell me the goodies that they've found.

You know the appliance section? That's a hot ticket, especially if you look on the bottom shelf in the back, in the dark area. The brand new stuff is hidden.

Linen sections? Go right to the middle. Restaurants/Luxury Hotels donate unused towels, tablecloth's, curtains. You name it.

What time will you be picking me up? We can take my truck. Shrek has to drive it though. I can't see over the dash without a pillow. Need blocks for my shoes to reach the peddles.:LOL:

Good will cures boredom.

Yes, I plan on looking very carefully. I'm leaving in 10 minutes, you ready?

Back
Top Bottom