What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(((Hugs Addie))) :angel::angel::angel:

Thank you TL and Cat. I am still in my corner. Hopefully I can come out of it in a day of so. It is time to face the real reality of her cancer. Only 5% of the patients who have this type survive past three or more years. I knew this when I first got the news last year. But I have been clinging to that 5%. I can't let go of it now. At least it hasn't spread any further. I wish you could see the scar on her scalp. It starts right at the middle of her head in front, goes back to the middle of the top and down to the side just above her ear. That is how much skull they had to remove in order to get to all of the tumor. After surgery the tumor was reduced to single a cm number. They couldn't remove all of the tumor without removing some of her brain. So it is that little piece that doesn't want to go. And any day it could break out again. Another full year of chemo. It makes her so sick. And I can't do a single thing to make her better.

I don't know which is harder. Getting a phone call that your youngest daughter has been murdered or one that says you other daughter has brain cancer with a very small chance of survival. I need to get rid of these morbid thoughts. :angel:

Thank you TL and Cat. I am still in my corner. Hopefully I can come out of it in a day of so. It is time to face the real reality of her cancer. Only 5% of the patients who have this type survive past three or more years. I knew this when I first got the news last year. But I have been clinging to that 5%. I can't let go of it now. At least it hasn't spread any further. I wish you could see the scar on her scalp. It starts right at the middle of her head in front, goes back to the middle of the top and down to the side just above her ear. That is how much skull they had to remove in order to get to all of the tumor. After surgery the tumor was reduced to single a cm number. They couldn't remove all of the tumor without removing some of her brain. So it is that little piece that doesn't want to go. And any day it could break out again. Another full year of chemo. It makes her so sick. And I can't do a single thing to make her better.

I don't know which is harder. Getting a phone call that your youngest daughter has been murdered or one that says you other daughter has brain cancer with a very small chance of survival. I need to get rid of these morbid thoughts. :angel:

{{{{hugs too, Addie}}}}. Hard to know what to say, other than we pray she will beat the odds! :angel:

{{{{hugs too, Addie}}}}. Hard to know what to say, other than we pray she will beat the odds! :angel:

Thank you Dawg. I need to go back into my corner right now. I am too old for all of this. I thought my job was done. But I guess not. The kids never stop needing you. :angel:

Thank you Dawg. I need to go back into my corner right now. I am too old for all of this. I thought my job was done. But I guess not. The kids never stop needing you. :angel:

Your daughter knows how much you love and support her. That's the most important thing you can do.

I'm sure the cold will drive my remaining hornets out, too... but that didn't stop me from pouring 4 gal on soapy water down their hole this morning :devilish:

Well, thank goodness they're clean if they're still around. Nobody likes cold, dirty hornets.

It's very hard when a band aid, a hug and a kiss are ineffective...but they are given with a Mother's Love. Take heart, Addie and enjoy the time you have, not the time you won't. Today, NOW, is your time. My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family. Hugs:angel::angel:

It's very hard when a band aid, a hug and a kiss are ineffective...but they are given with a Mother's Love. Take heart, Addie and enjoy the time you have, not the time you won't. Today, NOW, is your time. My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family. Hugs:angel::angel:

Thank you PF. I am over my Pity Party. Teddy has the ability to bring me out of it. If I do nothing else, I have to stay positive for my daughter. Thank you for caring and for the angels. I still think they are watching over her. :angel:

+1, especially (hug) and :angel:. I went through cancer with my Great Aunt (who was like my Grandma since I never had any grandparents...) and my Dad, my best friend in the whole entire world. Enjoy your time together today, because no one is guaranteed tomorrow.

Not a happy morning in this house or family. My daughter saw her oncologist and the news is .....

She has to stay on the chemo for another year. The tumor has shrunk, but not as much as they had hoped for. The chemo is so debilitating. I need a corner to go cry in. :angel:

:heart: :angel:

I'm drinking coffee, printing tax returns for a client, and drying laundry. Then I have to get ready to visit my mummy-in-law in Cornwall, ON (~100 km drive). We are celebrating her 75th birthday. Stirling went by train yesterday. I don't want to leave Shreddy alone for more than about 24 hours at the moment. He's off the thyroid cat food in anticipation of the radioactive iodine treatment, so he is hungry most of the time. He needs the food so he won't lose too much more weight with that hyperactive thyroid.

I'm mucking out the sunroom. Gad, there are so many papers and such!

I WAS planning to pick more apples, but DH loaned out our apple picker pole without consulting me :mad: :mad:

I've been busy. After work I headed to Verizon to exchange my phone for a new one. The software stopped working in the old one (two weeks old) for some of its functions. And Verizon being up by the mall I had to wonder if the Christmas sales had started already. Traffic today is absolutely horrible. Everybody is out. Some guy came up to me and started talking to me to help pass the time waiting my turn at Verizon anyway.
Then I threaded my way northeast and hit Giant Eagle for a few things that I need for tomorrow's meals. I also picked up some items for Snip's curry mussels, which I plan on making tonight. Man I wish this rain would stop. Sure makes for a miserable day.

Last edited:
Got the mail today, and found DH now has a Redbook magazine with a subscription. Huh? DH said he did not subscribe. Of course, there's no place to call and cancel, so I went online and canceled. No indication as to how we got it. DH's subscription was good till 2015.

I'm puzzled. Years ago, I was sent mags from Gun and Rifle, and Soldier of Fortune mags, on two separate occasions. I figured it was because someone found my name and address from a catalog or mag, and filled in the subscription card and sent it in as a prank. Back then, I was able to call and cancel.

I'm scrupulous about shredding anything with any identifying information, including name and address. So how the heck did this happen?

I'm about to fill up cat food bowls and head to Ontario. It has just started raining here and it's raining harder in Ontario. Oh well, I guess the drive will take a little longer today.

No rain here. Thank God! Yesterday was a real experience. From just after noon until about 6 p.m. we received slightly over 6 1/2 inches of rain. You'd never know it to see the sun shining today. Yeah!

Believe it or not, I'm about to roll out the wrapping paper and wrap Christmas gifts. I'm nearly done with the annual task of collecting/making/buying gifts and have the desire today to get those ready to be shipped wrapped and boxed.

For some reason I have the feeling this fall is going to be ultra busy and I'd better strike while the iron is hot.

Be safe taxy, and have a nice visit! Happy Birthday to your MIL. 75 is a good one to celebrate. Heck, IMO every one after 50 is good!

Hope Shreddy doesn't have separation anxiety while you guys are gone...

Back
Top Bottom