"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #6791
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm running around like a chicken with no head.

I thought Stirling was coming home tomorrow. Turns out his flight is scheduled to land at 18h04 today. I'm delighted to have him home a day earlier than I expected. But, I am up to my eyeballs in creating and printing enough copies of the Danish Club's updated financial reports for all the members coming to the AGM tomorrow. I couldn't update them sooner - I got the last changes from our auditor this morning.

I would tell Stirling to take a taxi from the airport. He would get reimbursed as a travel expense. But, they have given him a powerful PC and four monitors! I should be able to fit that in my car. If it won't go in the back seat or easily into the trunk, I can fold the back seats down.

Haha, I just got a text from Stirling saying he had to rush to the airport. He thought it was tomorrow.

I asked if he thought he could get a mini-van taxi home from the airport.
Aha! You are having one of those day also I see. Good luck. If the monitors are flat screens, they should fit into a taxi or any vehicle easily. It is the CPU that will take up the most room. Have a fun day.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #6792
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Aha! You are having one of those day also I see. Good luck. If the monitors are flat screens, they should fit into a taxi or any vehicle easily. It is the CPU that will take up the most room. Have a fun day.

Oh yeah, those are flat screen monitors.

But, I just got a text from Stirling saying he will take a taxi. The box wasn't ready.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #6793
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,393
I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #6794
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Had a so-so day at work. Bizarre Tummy troubles, so I didn't get to eat the lunch that was bought for me, I did get to bring it home and just finished it a bit ago. Still got a lot of work done, but the computer was swiping and dumping information right before our eyes...maddening! I thought it was just me but several people mentioned it happening.

Reading catalogs, getting my Christmas list figured out. Going nuts trying to figure out what to get for Shrek.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #6795
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.
Yikes, Andy! Glad you didn't damage anything.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #6796
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yikes, Andy! Glad you didn't damage anything.
I was awake a lot last night thinking about another surgery and all that entails.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #6797
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,128
So glad it was OK! Whew!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #6798
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I was awake a lot last night thinking about another surgery and all that entails.
That kind of thinking can scare you...at least you had the brains to stop and report it. There's pain and there's PAIN.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #6799
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I was awake a lot last night thinking about another surgery and all that entails.
Smart of you to know when to stop & not persue the exercise. Take it easy, time will help you heal, just a matter of time. Take care!
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #6800
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
We just got home from our daughter's 8th grade, jazz band concert. She plays the piano, she did a wonderful job. It's about time for bed now. G'nite all.
__________________

__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.