"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #6791
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm running around like a chicken with no head.

I thought Stirling was coming home tomorrow. Turns out his flight is scheduled to land at 18h04 today. I'm delighted to have him home a day earlier than I expected. But, I am up to my eyeballs in creating and printing enough copies of the Danish Club's updated financial reports for all the members coming to the AGM tomorrow. I couldn't update them sooner - I got the last changes from our auditor this morning.

I would tell Stirling to take a taxi from the airport. He would get reimbursed as a travel expense. But, they have given him a powerful PC and four monitors! I should be able to fit that in my car. If it won't go in the back seat or easily into the trunk, I can fold the back seats down.

Haha, I just got a text from Stirling saying he had to rush to the airport. He thought it was tomorrow.

I asked if he thought he could get a mini-van taxi home from the airport.
Aha! You are having one of those day also I see. Good luck. If the monitors are flat screens, they should fit into a taxi or any vehicle easily. It is the CPU that will take up the most room. Have a fun day.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #6792
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Aha! You are having one of those day also I see. Good luck. If the monitors are flat screens, they should fit into a taxi or any vehicle easily. It is the CPU that will take up the most room. Have a fun day.

Oh yeah, those are flat screen monitors.

But, I just got a text from Stirling saying he will take a taxi. The box wasn't ready.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #6793
Certified Pretend Chef

I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #6794
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Had a so-so day at work. Bizarre Tummy troubles, so I didn't get to eat the lunch that was bought for me, I did get to bring it home and just finished it a bit ago. Still got a lot of work done, but the computer was swiping and dumping information right before our eyes...maddening! I thought it was just me but several people mentioned it happening.

Reading catalogs, getting my Christmas list figured out. Going nuts trying to figure out what to get for Shrek.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #6795
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.
Yikes, Andy! Glad you didn't damage anything.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #6796
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yikes, Andy! Glad you didn't damage anything.
I was awake a lot last night thinking about another surgery and all that entails.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #6797
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

So glad it was OK! Whew!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #6798
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I was awake a lot last night thinking about another surgery and all that entails.
That kind of thinking can scare you...at least you had the brains to stop and report it. There's pain and there's PAIN.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #6799
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Smart of you to know when to stop & not persue the exercise. Take it easy, time will help you heal, just a matter of time. Take care!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #6800
Chef Extraordinaire

We just got home from our daughter's 8th grade, jazz band concert. She plays the piano, she did a wonderful job. It's about time for bed now. G'nite all.