What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
29 years in December, it'll be 33 years together for the Ogre and me.:) He just said, "Seems longer, huh?" Come on, I'm not THAT stupid:LOL: I had to ask him, I don't even remember what year we got married half the time. He says it was 1984. I was 23 and he was 39.

Wow.......I met Mrs D when she was 23. I was 32, way back in 87. She can't remember either. I tell her, check the inside of your wedding band. I had the date engraved in there for a reason. :)

I met Stirling in 1984, while I was still happily married. He was a friend and co-worker of my exDH. Ten years later, we got together and I moved in with him in 1995 (I had split with the first DH in 1992). When my divorce came through, we started planning the wedding. Got married in July of 1997. Yes, we have the dates engraved inside our rings too.

When SO and I started dating, the in-law issue was moot as both sets of parents had died by that time. We only had each other's children and siblings to deal with. Believe me, that's more than enough.

Wow.......I met Mrs D when she was 23. I was 32, way back in 87. She can't remember either. I tell her, check the inside of your wedding band. I had the date engraved in there for a reason. :)

The inside of my ring says, "Love Now and Forever", it says the same thing in Gaelic on the outside. No date.

Last edited:
I am roasting a chicken full of garlic and herbs rubbed to the skin for the chicken soup tomorrow.

I am also wondering of this: When Gwen makes a chicken soup, she just boils a chicken without first roasting of it with herbs and spices. DA and I think her soup is extremely bland, but we do not say of this.

With love,
~Cat

I am roasting a chicken full of garlic and herbs rubbed to the skin for the chicken soup tomorrow.

I am also wondering of this: When Gwen makes a chicken soup, she just boils a chicken without first roasting of it with herbs and spices. DA and I think her soup is extremely bland, but we do not say of this.

With love,
~Cat

I hope Gwen doesn't read your posts here on DC.

With love,
~Cat
That's how I make chicken stock. I reduce it and add herbs & spices when I make it into soup. Actually, I often use leftovers from cooked chicken. But, I don't add any seasonings while I am making the stock, unless I am making it for something specific. I like being able to choose the seasonings when I am using the stock.

Finally got the final grocery bag of dang apples cut up and into the CP with some cinnamon and agave nectar. I'm really sick of apples.

Now, I just have one big refrigerator drawerful of apples left. Yay!

Last edited:
Just finished a book that Shrek has been tring to read over my shoulder and urging me to finish all day. I grabbed a lighter and held it under (unlit) the book when I showed him I was done. He about shrieked himself to death! The second book in the trilogy which he finished, was thrown down with, "expletive Cliffhangers!!!" LOL!!!

Shrek's Mom was my Mom's boss at the hospital at one time, so they knew and liked each other. When Mom would got to Laramie, WY to visit my sister she would stay with MIL. I shudder to think what they talked about. MIL always said she got two daughters when Shrek and I married. I loved her dearly, a warm and wonderful person...in stark contrast to my first MIL.
I called my in-laws "Aunt This" and "Uncle That" for eight years! Used to pick on him for his balding head and pot belly. And if I called my "future" SIL and Mom answered we'd talk like we were friends. Made the transition to "Mom" and "Dad" strangely interesting.

What am I doing? Well today I am mostly "fretting".

I have a job interview tomorrow morning (my first in the past year since I got made redundant). Then this morning, I had a call to say that I had another interview on Wednesday!

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited. But also on tenterhooks! :ohmy:

What am I doing? Well today I am mostly "fretting".

I have a job interview tomorrow morning (my first in the past year since I got made redundant). Then this morning, I had a call to say that I had another interview on Wednesday!

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited. But also on tenterhooks! :ohmy:

You're stretched tight in the wind? :LOL:

Good luck on your interviews. Maybe things will go well and you'll have your pick.

I just took my pup out to poop. Things went well...
She has taken residency by my foot, which has really put Pierce at odds. Maybe he's on tenterhooks, too.

You're stretched tight in the wind? :LOL:

Good luck on your interviews. Maybe things will go well and you'll have your pick.

Har har Pac!! :-p

And thanks! :) Only problem is, the one on Wednesday involves a maths test and I am RUBBISH at maths! So we shall see!

I just took my pup out to poop. Things went well...
She has taken residency by my foot, which has really put Pierce at odds. Maybe he's on tenterhooks, too.

Yep! He probably is!

How many pooches do you have now Pac? Are they all the same breed?

Back
Top Bottom