"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #7231
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
How is your knee going since the operation Katie?
I'm doing pretty well. My insurance company denied any home care/therapy so I had my first out-patient therapy yesterday at a fine facility nearby. The same place I used for the therapy after I had my hand surgery in July.

Fortunately I didn't lose any ground because of no home care since I'd been exercising my knee on my own. When I left the hospital I had 80 degrees of flex and yesterday, the therapist measured me at 93 degrees. Yeah.

The pain and swelling are still part of my daily life. Although the pain is not as frequent nor as severe.

I'm walking on my own without any walker/cane, albeit a bit wobbly and slow, but I'm doin' it.

One of the greatest differences, at this time, is that it takes me about twice to three times as long to complete a task because I have to rest in between times. For example, my "getting up" routine (shower, etc.) normally takes me about 20 minutes. Now, I allow at least an hour because I have to break up the job into smaller, more manageable tasks.

Thank you for asking.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #7232
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, it seems that all the angels are working overtime. My daughter just called me and what a difference from Thanksgiving. Her spirits are really high. She is making plans for her party for her in-laws. She asked me to make some cookies.

I have some of the Chewy Chocolate cookies with Sea Salt from the Chew program in the freezer. I am going to bake a couple of them so she can taste them.

She has made plans to have her husband drive us around out in the suburbs to see all the lighted houses. Something we have done every year. I told her a quick little joke and she laughed so hard. It was good to hear it. She scared me for a second. She was talking about how sick and weak the chemo makes her. She mentioned that she doesn't think she can do it until next August. Then she quickly said, "I have to. It's my brain and my life. I don't want to die"

Thank you all for the angels. I know it is silly to think a little emoticon can be responsible, but until someone proves to me other wise, I will continue to believe. I believe we all have an angel that watches over us. Even if it is a loved one who has passed away. If I didn't believe that, I doubt if I could accept my youngest daughter's murder. She is looking down on us and watching over her five children And one for all of you.
That is wonderful news! So glad to hear that she is feeling better & everyone's moods are lifted. : )

Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #7233
Chef Extraordinaire

The daughter & I just got home. We went to the gym together for 90 minutes then some shopping & threw a pot roast in the oven.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #7234
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
I'm doing pretty well. My insurance company denied any home care/therapy so I had my first out-patient therapy yesterday at a fine facility nearby. The same place I used for the therapy after I had my hand surgery in July.

Fortunately I didn't lose any ground because of no home care since I'd been exercising my knee on my own. When I left the hospital I had 80 degrees of flex and yesterday, the therapist measured me at 93 degrees. Yeah.

The pain and swelling are still part of my daily life. Although the pain is not as frequent nor as severe.

I'm walking on my own without any walker/cane, albeit a bit wobbly and slow, but I'm doin' it.

One of the greatest differences, at this time, is that it takes me about twice to three times as long to complete a task because I have to rest in between times. For example, my "getting up" routine (shower, etc.) normally takes me about 20 minutes. Now, I allow at least an hour because I have to break up the job into smaller, more manageable tasks.

Thank you for asking.
Glad to read that you are getting better. Do bring a cane with you when you go out, even if it is just so people are nicer to you.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #7235
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Glad to read that you are getting better. Do bring a cane with you when you go out, even if it is just so people are nicer to you.
+1
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #7236
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
+1
+2
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #7237
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
+2
+3
Old 12-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #7238
Chef Extraordinaire

We have been to the bottle shop to get a few drinks for Christmas Day

Also went for a little drive as it is such a nice day
Old 12-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #7239
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Finally! I got my Nursing License squared away for the next two years. I really have to not procrastinate about the Continuing Education Credits over the next two years...yeah, right!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #7240
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Finally! I got my Nursing License squared away for the next two years. I really have to not procrastinate about the Continuing Education Credits over the next two years...yeah, right!
Yay Princess Fiona!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote