"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #761
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Sure, it's for tomorrow's PPPC, Arizona.
I am turning some of the meat into Carne Seca and part will be left for Apache Burros. The carne seca calls for marinating overnight, so after I pick up some green salsa today, I'll start marinating it.
Carne Seca Recipe - Food.com - 144589

Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #762
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
If you replace your own screens, you can buy pet resistant screen at just about any home supply place or hardware store (Canadian Tyre carries it). If you have someone else replace them, just ask the screen guy about it.

I had to switch after a neighbor's yappy dog came into my front yard and Tyson went right through the sliding door screen after it. Huge hole! No one plays in my yard without Tyson's permission.
We actually "built" our own screens a couple of years ago. We even built in a doggy door in the sliding screen so in the summer the dogs can come in and out as they please without letting in any bugs, etc. Violet destroyed the front screen door trying to do much the same as your Tyson (I had a guard cat once, they are great ).

Thanks, I have to go to Canadian Tire and/or Rona today so I will look.
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #763
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I've always considered mac and cheese to be junk food and avoided it. I had a little of it about a month ago and it convinced me to wait another 20 years before eating it again.

There must be 10 thousand abbreviations in use for various things. I don't think anyone knows them all. Most people learn the ones they come in contact with most often. Since I seldom eat KD, I missed it's abbreviation.
Timothy, I hope you know I wasn't mocking you in any way. If you aren't exposed to Kraft Dinner you are sure to not know KD.

Have you tried a good home-made-baked-in-the-oven-full-of-creamy-real-cheddar-goodness-and-a-cheese-and-bread-crumb-crust Macaroni and Cheese. It is pure bliss in a casserole dish.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #764
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Timothy, I hope you know I wasn't mocking you in any way. If you aren't exposed to Kraft Dinner you are sure to not know KD.

Have you tried a good home-made-baked-in-the-oven-full-of-creamy-real-cheddar-goodness-and-a-cheese-and-bread-crumb-crust Macaroni and Cheese. It is pure bliss in a casserole dish.
I didn't think you were mocking me in any malicous manner, LP. Just having fun with me. The mac and cheese you describe is how I ate it as a kid, and liked it, but its on my Docs hit list, so I try to stay away from it. I don't want him to come beat me up.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #765
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I've always considered mac and cheese to be junk food and avoided it. I had a little of it about a month ago and it convinced me to wait another 20 years before eating it again.

There must be 10 thousand abbreviations in use for various things. I don't think anyone knows them all. Most people learn the ones they come in contact with most often. Since I seldom eat KD, I missed it's abbreviation.

its. don't be mad, tim, but i couldn't resist "busting" you on grammer! i know i wouldn't have another chance for at least 20 years....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #766
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I didn't think you were mocking me in any malicous manner, LP. Just having fun with me. The mac and cheese you describe is how I ate it as a kid, and liked it, but its on my Docs hit list, so I try to stay away from it. I don't want him to come beat me up.
Yes, it would be on my doctor's hit list too - so I don't ask! But do understand. It isn't the healthiest of pasta dishes.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #767
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
its. don't be mad, tim, but i couldn't resist "busting" you on grammer! i know i wouldn't have another chance for at least 20 years....
Ha! BUSTED! I type really fast and most of my mistakes are the result of that speed typing. Shame on me! 20 years? I wish.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #768
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Ha! BUSTED! I type really fast and most of my mistakes are the result of that speed typing. Shame on me! 20 years? I wish.
I don't know about that! My Dad is 86 and I started serving him Mac and Cheese (all forms - home baked, KD, Chef Boy R Dee microwavable singles) again and he doesn't even mind the junk types....then again it is one of the few foods I can serve him that I don't have to puree so that might be a selling point . He would never eat and kind but my Mom's baked M & C before.

So 20 years might not be such a mis-type after all
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #769
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
knitting and knitting, just dawned on me, it is a christmas gift and not much time is left. no wrapping as i planned but that is ok. mostly in gift bags anyway. this gloomy weather makes me slow and sleepy.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #770
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
knitting and knitting, just dawned on me, it is a christmas gift and not much time is left. no wrapping as i planned but that is ok. mostly in gift bags anyway. this gloomy weather makes me slow and sleepy.
I know the feeling. This stupid muscle relaxer has me missing most of my life. But I shoudn't complain. It is working. Each day my neck is feeling so much better. I figure another week, and I should be back to new.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.