What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vit, I don't think that is a bad idea. Price seems right to me, there is a local shop here that sells flavored sea salt in tins and they are a little spendy, like $8 - $12 for a tin that had maybe 1/2 cup of salt in it. I say go for it!

I'm just sitting here catching up before I throw myself into the kitchen to bake and cook for my youngest daughter's birthday dinner. Her ACTUAL birthday is Tuesday, but her BF is coming over tonight. I'm going to have to dig through a couple of recipe boxes to see if I can find my recipe for red velvet cake. That was her request. Weird child. She normally requests everything vanilla so I'm always prepared for that. This year...red velvet. *sigh*

this i don't know, not much. but even so, i don't use much salt at the table and i don't plan to cook with them. what do you say? this is a time sensitive question....:)

Just checked, about a 1/4 cup of salt in each one. The flavors look good and the Hawaiian is the most expensive, I say it is a good bargain with S&H included.

Enjoing a relaxing sunday afternoon. Went to 8 am mass then out for breakfast got all of my running around done, it just started to snow again.

Actually, I'm awake enough now, I remembered I have to get ready starting today so we can have Shrek's "King For A Day," tomorrow. Going to check the boxed things and see what he will like...Brownies, Lemon Poppy Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Plain Scones, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones...

So yer finally gonna crown him!:rolleyes:;):cool:

It didn't snow today, but we are still covered with it, so I managed to waste an entire afternoon entering my cookbooks at EatYourBooks. What a joyous labor of love! It does take time, but makes my substantial c/b collection so accessable.

I'm only halfway through. I'll do more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Had a relaxing morning with friends. We stayed over after the party yesterday because I was tired by the time it was over. Got home about 1/2 hour ago.

Found another expired can of FF sweetened condensed milk in the turntable, delabeled it, and it is now sitting covered in water in the CP on low, to cook for 8 hours. It makes amazing dulce de leche, and I can freeze it in the can. Used some as apple dip last night.

Kinda piddled around, cleaned out the fridge, and prepped for the pineapple fried rice. Did not realize we were out of shrimp, but I did find some smoked meat, so that will have to do.

We were up at 2:45 AM to get to the airport. Had a nice flight to Aruba. Enjoyed the Patriots win and now I'm checking in before I pass out. I'm beat.

Andy M. said:
We were up at 2:45 AM to get to the airport. Had a nice flight to Aruba. Enjoyed the Patriots win and now I'm checking in before I pass out. I'm beat.

Glad you made it, Andy! Please send us some sunshine and warm temps!

Back
Top Bottom