What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Taxy. Thanks for posting.
Looks like you and me are the only ones with working fingers tonight :wacko:

Yep, my Groom took me to Staples after dinner.:w00t2:

We didn't get home until 7:45 PM:ohmy: It was dark!!!

Last edited:
Well, he asked me if I would prefer Neiman-Marcus...but honestly, there is nothing there I would want. But a good stationery store...

Given a choice between a $500. gift card to there or a $50. to Lowe's I'd pick...Lowe's. Lol!

I'm with you....Dallas is home to Neiman Marcus...or as we call it "Needless Markup". The only time I shopped there was in my teens, because they had a clothing department that was in between the boys and men's department that had my size for dress clothes.

I am laughing at our furbabies (again). They are playing a strange version of tag. First the cat stalks the dog and then when she has jumped on Violet's back, it is Violet to the chase. Then Violet gets tired so she swats Monkey with her tail and lies down. Monkey tries a few times to get Violet going but then takes off to one of her many hiding places.

Today is a tough one for me. 15 years ago today my best friend growing up was killed in a horrible accident. She and her fiancé were hit by a drunk driver and their car blew up with them in it. The really sad part is that they were both recovering alcoholics who had turned their lives around. The driver survived the accident and was only given probation and loss of license for 3 years. Diane, I miss you so much.

Last edited:
I am laughing at our furbabies (again). They are playing a strange version of tag. First the cat stalks the dog and then when she has jumped on Violet's back, it is Violet to the chase. Then Violet gets tired so she swats Monkey with her tail and lies down. Monkey tries a few times to get Violet going but then takes off to one of her many hiding places.

Today is a tough one for me. 15 years ago today my best friend growing up was killed in a horrible accident. She and her fiancé were hit by a drunk driver and their car blew up with them in it. The really sad part is that they were both recovering alcoholics who had turned their lives around. The driver survived the accident and was only given probation and loss of license for 3 years. Diane, I miss you so much.

(hugs) I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes even a decade and a half is not enough to heal wounds. May you have strength today...but it's ok to cry a bit. You will honor your fallen friend.

(hugs) I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes even a decade and a half is not enough to heal wounds. May you have strength today...but it's ok to cry a bit. You will honor your fallen friend.
Thanks, Mac. I think the reason it is bothering me so much today is there was a trial for a similar drunk driver incident and the driver got community service and only 2 years suspended licence. He killed 4, including his girlfriend and 3 in another vehicle.

15 years and no improvement in our judicial system.

(((Gentle hugs))) LP. I wouldn't call that an accident. It was foreseeable by the drunk driver. It was a crash / collision.

That kind of sentence makes me mad too. The dangers of driving drunk are well known to everyone nowadays. I think it's outrageous that the penalties for hurting or killing someone with a vehicle are so lenient compared with other ways of hurting or killing someone.

Back
Top Bottom