"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #8811
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,127
I'm rewatching Brokeback Mountain and contemplating what I am going to do with Costco-size bags of Craisins that DH insisted on buying, and almonds. Yeeks. Have a feeling some almond butter and trail mix are in the works. Will have to package stuff up for DH and I to take to work.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #8812
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I love all my Kindles. Just got DH and me each the Paperwhite, what a cool little device!
DL, we both have a Kindle 3 at the moment...we are getting the Paperwhite ones too...just waiting for them to be on sale here which is on the 12th February....not long to go now
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #8813
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Just got home from catering a dinner at church, it's been a long day, glad to be sitting with my feet up.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #8814
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post

DL, we have Kindle 3 at the moment...we are getting the Paperwhite ones too...just waiting for them to be on sale here which is on the 12th February....not long to go now
Kylie, you will love them! I got mine, as my elderly K2 quit holding its charge, then DH wanted one as his K2 got damaged. We got the Paperwhite cases that put them to sleep.

My K2 has a waterproof case, so that will still be for pool reading.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #8815
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
My chocolate cake has been glazed, now we get to see if we can wait to let it set...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #8816
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,162
We just finished watching an Alex Cross movie and are finishing up watching The Alamo. Our attention is being broken by the coyotes yipping and carrying on in the field across the road. They are really vocal tonight.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #8817
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
contemplating what I am going to do with Costco-size bags of Craisins that DH insisted on buying, and almonds. Yeeks. Have a feeling some almond butter and trail mix are in the works. Will have to package stuff up for DH and I to take to work.
Dawg, we always have a Costco size bag of Craisins on hand. I add them to my coleslaw, use them in stuffing for pork chops or chicken, toss them into salads (especially spinach) put them in muffins and breads put them on/in hot cereal, use them in cookies and fudge, you will find lots of uses for them and the almonds too! Enjoy!
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #8818
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post

Dawg, we always have a Costco size bag of Craisins on hand. I add them to my coleslaw, use them in stuffing for pork chops or chicken, toss them into salads (especially spinach) put them in muffins and breads put them on/in hot cereal, use them in cookies and fudge, you will find lots of uses for them and the almond too! Enjoy!
Thanks for the great ideas, Bunny!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #8819
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I'm rewatching Brokeback Mountain and contemplating what I am going to do with Costco-size bags of Craisins that DH insisted on buying, and almonds. Yeeks. Have a feeling some almond butter and trail mix are in the works. Will have to package stuff up for DH and I to take to work.
Craisin scones!!!!!!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #8820
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Craisin scones!!!!!!
Keep in mind that I despise baking....though craisin almond scones sound wonderful! Hmmm.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.