What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just glad Delta, in their "common sense" sight, has made it so easy. They could simply put smaller holes in the unit and forgo the washer, but they have made it a simple remedy to get a normal spray.

Last time I bought a shower head, the guy at Lowe's told me how to take out the restrictor.

Or in my case, leave them on all day long until I go to bed.
I have no idea what I'm going to do for my 100w work lights... go to flood lights I suppose. I don't think they are going to stop making outdoor lights...
They are starting to make LED lights that screw into regular sockets. I'm just waiting for them to start selling something equivalent to 100 W.

They are starting to make LED lights that screw into regular sockets. I'm just waiting for them to start selling something equivalent to 100 W.

Whew. Thank god.
I'm glad somebody is thinking. I've never been a fan of LED lighting, but at least it comes on when you flip the switch.

I love them! Good job! What did you use to line the purses?

Thanks, Carol! I found some white striped cotton material, sort of like mattress ticking, in my craft closet. I see that you're looking at recycled clothes for possible linings, great idea! An old shirt with pockets would make a great lining.

Last edited:
I am havin' a ball! Knitting up a storm.

After I delivered the 100 preemie hats to Vanderbilt on Thursday I was experiencing a bit of withdrawal because I didn't have any service project to tackle. Well, that changed when I was directed to Knit for Kids. I LOVE the concept and have already made one hat and am about a third of the way through a sweater.

Again, I'm using my scraps and the sweater is going to be the most colorful little thing with stripes of every color imaginable. This is so much fun and I'll be able to use up tons of yarn that would simply sit until.....

I am havin' a ball! Knitting up a storm.

After I delivered the 100 preemie hats to Vanderbilt on Thursday I was experiencing a bit of withdrawal because I didn't have any service project to tackle. Well, that changed when I was directed to Knit for Kids. I LOVE the concept and have already made one hat and am about a third of the way through a sweater.

Again, I'm using my scraps and the sweater is going to be the most colorful little thing with stripes of every color imaginable. This is so much fun and I'll be able to use up tons of yarn that would simply sit until.....

That's so cool, Katie! Have fun, and don't forget to post pics!

Last edited:
...And I'll tell you why it's so glorious today. After two weeks I finally took a REAL shower!....
Thanks pac, but it's about time. I mean, I AM downwind of you and all. :LOL:

In our last house back in OH, built in 1991, I have no idea if all the faucets had water flow restrictors because our pressure was too high! Oh what I'd give for a few PSI we could have moved with us. I had to call the water department about it. The tech that showed up said although the American Plumbing Institute recommended a PSI between 30 (what they said should be the absolute lowest reading) and 50, he was going to set our flow at 55 PSI so that the washer would fill faster. I'm just glad our faucets back there allowed adjusting both the temperature and and volume of water. Seems like only the high-end tub faucets have that option.

Pressure here isn't an option. Well, it is if we want to add a pressure booster. Nah, I've adapted to our 26 PSI...taken at the meter in the basement. Someone with better math skills than I can figure out how much pressure we lose on the way up to our bathroom (7 1/2 foot ceiling height in the rooms). Our plumber knew the deal...he took those restrictors out as he put in our fixtures. ;)

I should get back to sorting through the Christmas decorations. I've been weeding out what I can part with from my way-too-many items. I brought all the boxes up from the basement cuz it's cold down there! Right now my family room has more decorations in it that it did during the holidays! Hmmm, just one more thread and then I'll go. Or maybe the Today's Menu too..

I plan on organizing my Christmas decorations, too, CG, but I'm waiting for it to warm up enough to get them out of the attic. Brrrrrr.

Does ANYONE leave the restrictors in their faucets? It doesn't sound like it. LOL One time my DIL came to our house for a shower because their water was shut off and she said we had good water pressure. Maybe they still have the restrictors.

We recently got a new shower head/handheld thingee. Stirling was adamant, no "low flow", "water saver", or similar. Got it home and installed and there was "low flow". He fixed it.

In the USA, low flow is required by law.
It might be the law here too. But, ya know, it's kinda nice to get wet all at once and with enough water to stay warm. I would understand it if I lived somewhere with water shortages, but we have lots of water in Quebec and electricity to heat the water is generated by hydro dams.

We have a multiflow showerhead. You can twist it, and get different flow patterns, some that almost hurt, they're so strong. I think we got it at Costco.

We have a multiflow showerhead. You can twist it, and get different flow patterns, some that almost hurt, they're so strong. I think we got it at Costco.

This morning I could actually take advantage of the center harder flow and the outer finer spray. And it was glorious :)
ahhhh...

Back
Top Bottom