What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a few projects going. I am refinishing a coffee table my neighbor across the street was going to throw out because it is a perfect match for my étagère. They are both solid oak have a parkay pattern. I am also getting a head start on my spring cleaning, just in case I get a job and won't have time to clean house. It's too dirty to call a cleaning lady. I'd be embarrassed!

Oh, and as someone else mentioned above, I really do need to wash both my cars. I hardly go anywhere any more, so the insides are clean but the outside is a dusty mess and I can't see spending anywhere from $7.00 to $11.00 just to wash off dust. Are any of you familiar with a poem by Carl Sandburg called Fog? The fog comes on little cat feet...right down my windshield and across the hood!

Last edited:
Off to buy a wax seal for one of the toilets in my house. It has been leaking and I think it is because I didn't have it level a few months ago when I replaced it. Going to take the toilet off, clean it all up and instal a new seal and level it well before screwing it down. Hopefully that will work. Otherwise, I may be looking at ripping the floor up and replacing the whole area around the flange with new wood, again..../ etc.....long story

Off to buy a wax seal for one of the toilets in my house. It has been leaking and I think it is because I didn't have it level a few months ago when I replaced it. Going to take the toilet off, clean it all up and instal a new seal and level it well before screwing it down. Hopefully that will work. Otherwise, I may be looking at ripping the floor up and replacing the whole area around the flange with new wood, again..../ etc.....long story

As you may recall, I just replaced a toilet. A tip I heard from the plumber: Put the toilet in place on the wax seal then lay across the top of the toilet with your chest on it to apply even direct pressure to properly seat the toilet on the wax ring. He also heated the wax ring in some hot water in the sink for about 20 minutes before installing it so it would be soft (it was cold in his truck).

Sitting at a Café in Porto, Portugal with Android Cell

Sitting having a glass of wine, and on my Tablet Android, I am looking at Discuss Cooking Forum Community ... in Porto, Portugal ...

As you may recall, I just replaced a toilet. A tip I heard from the plumber: Put the toilet in place on the wax seal then lay across the top of the toilet with your chest on it to apply even direct pressure to properly seat the toilet on the wax ring. He also heated the wax ring in some hot water in the sink for about 20 minutes before installing it so it would be soft (it was cold in his truck).
Will try that. I am always afraid to over tighten because I am never sure if it is tight enough, and I want the toilet to be sturdy and withstand long term use....

Will try that. I am always afraid to over tighten because I am never sure if it is tight enough, and I want the toilet to be sturdy and withstand long term use....

I understand. Again, according to my plumber, over tightening can crack the toilet porcelain or pull the bolts out of the floor. It just needs to be tight enough to not rock back and forth when you sit on it and move around.

You might try tightening it in two steps. Once when you install it - not too tight. Then again a few days later after it's settled in through use.

I understand. Again, according to my plumber, over tightening can crack the toilet porcelain or pull the bolts out of the floor. It just needs to be tight enough to not rock back and forth when you sit on it and move around.

You might try tightening it in two steps. Once when you install it - not too tight. Then again a few days later after it's settled in through use.
Well, I got the seal, but ended up getting into something else. I will go back and do it in a day or two. Thanks for the tips...

my daughter in law just left. so will clean up the mess from lunch. she had one of my great grand daughters with her, georgia. she is one of the two, i hardly ever see. she is a very smart four year old. was fun to see her. after the kitchen i am done for the day. i don't feel well. probably caught something at the drs. office one wed. it never fails, cause there are always sick people there. lol. oh well i have an appoint . on thurs. to discuss tests. don't think i will die before then.

Got up before everyone else, ran to the grocery store & picked up fruit & donuts, just gotr done enjoying them, almost time to get ready for mass.

Practicing the tried and true American tradition of a lazy Sunday morning. Drinking some coffee, reading the electronic newspaper and DC-ing.

Thinking on a more substantial breakfast. Have taxes to do today...before Shrek has a conniption. He can't wait for the refund and purchase of a new TV, since his TV is showing dreadful signs of damaged LCD's.

Well, after lazing around in bed reading, drinking coffee etc, I'm finally up and ready to face the day. I've got the chili made and now I'm thinking of making that poundcake that I'd intended to make a couple of days ago.

Got up before everyone else, ran to the grocery store & picked up fruit & donuts, just gotr done enjoying them, almost time to get ready for mass.

What is it with Sunday and Donuts? We have a donut shop just around the corner from me. It is called Betty's. But there is no sign outside. On Sunday, the line goes down the sreet. A fast as they make them you get them. They are still hot when they bag them. And weekdays are almost as bad. Once the dough is gone they close the doors for the day Around 10 a.m. Better get there early. :yum:

What is it with Sunday and Donuts? We have a donut shop just around the corner from me. It is called Betty's. But there is no sign outside. On Sunday, the line goes down the sreet. A fast as they make them you get them. They are still hot when they bag them. And weekdays are almost as bad. Once the dough is gone they close the doors for the day Around 10 a.m. Better get there early. :yum:
I don't know why but they always seem to taste better on Sunday mornings.:pig:

The only way to get tired of donuts is to work in a donut shop...after 5 years, you get a wee bit tired of them.

Been puttering around doing small jobs for a couple of days now. At the moment, husband is out walking Rosebud and I'm simply enjoying some afternoon peace and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom