What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pausing and enjoying a cup of tea before I start up with baking (Me baking? Why yes, I do once in a while). My plans were to garden again today. When I woke up it was completely overcast, chilly for the kneel-down weeding I had planned today, and my shoulders ached from yesterday. A fleece top and an ibuprofen would take care of the cold and ache, but what to do about the clouds? Mom Nature decided for me - it started to sprinkle.

I've pulled out all my ingredients for scones. Making the ubiquitous orange-mini chocolate chip one, plus trying an oatmeal currant one that I'll sub cranberries instead. Tea is gone, so that means it's time to measure and mix.

Frank and I are home for almost a week now :)

this week we got the confirmation of cost coverage and now we have to find a rehabilitation... seems it's not that easy as we hoped for... :ermm:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

Glad to hear you are home, Cara. How is Frank feeling? I am glad you got costs covered. I hope you can find rehabilitative care close by and soon. You both continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm getting ready to go out with my friend to get some plants and other garden stuff. She is having a rough time of it lately and TB and I helped her out a little financially so she is repaying by putting my garden together for me in a way that will be easy for me to keep up. She loves gardening and is great at it. I on the other hand....

Frank and I are home for almost a week now :)

this week we got the confirmation of cost coverage and now we have to find a rehabilitation... seems it's not that easy as we hoped for... :ermm:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
That is good news Cara! Good thoughts and prayers for continued recovery for Frank and for you.

i am watching "the draft" and hoping that one year they throw these booing idiots out before they get started.
And I'm cooking dinner.

Taking a break on the couch and reading for a bit :) suppers in the oven for hubby, not much else needing to be done right now.

I'm listening to the draft and thinking how I should wash the dishes that don't fit/don't go in the dishwasher while the dishwasher does the rest. Rest, yeah, that's what I think I'll do for a while longer...

I went to PT this morning. I was in and out in 20 minutes. Today they added a little tension to the machine. Even though I was on the machine for only seven minutes, I could feel it in my thighs. And that is exactly where I need the most work. As I started out, I was going rather fast and found myself out of breath. Next week I am going to try for eight minutes. But I will be going much slower. :wacko: me! And I want to ride a bike again. I can't even last eight minutes on a stationary machine. Imagine me going uphill on a bike. Well, why not? After all in my mind I am only 20 y.o. In perfect health and physically fit for any activity that I fancy to participate in. :angel:

We use a bath mat in front of the tub. It gets hung on the handle of the glass shower door when we finish drying off.

We have little rugs in front of the sinks in the bath but they are rubber backed and lay flat.

Mine are rubber backed but I still trip on them. I think it's the shoes I wear around the house. They seem to grab the rugs.

Mine are rubber backed but I still trip on them. I think it's the shoes I wear around the house. They seem to grab the rugs.

When I was in the seventh grade, I made a cloth rug from old rags in my craft class. I loved that dang rug. Even though it was always trying to kill me. There was no backing on it and some of the material that was woven was silk and rayon. Those are great materials to use if you are trying to commit suicide. :angel:

I'm doing some chores around the house so I can get outside and putter around the yard. I need to plant my herb seedlings. My friend will be doing the rest of the planting as I can't bend or squat well enough. I am so excited to have a garden again! It has been 8 years.

Trying out my early Mothers Day gift. A portable DVD player. 10".
Now I can work on my Treadle Sewing Machine in the garage. Do a lot of other projects and finally stop driving the kids nuts by trying to watch a movie on my phone.They're going to mount it to a wall with external speakers today.

Poor things will never see me again! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Now to get a lock and I'm all set.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom