What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, I received the data base error message today, too. Seems okay now.

We've been invited to Glenn's son's home tomorrow for a cookout and Mother's Day get together. I always hate going some place empty-handed so I just finished making a boatload of oatmeal cookies. They turned out perfectly and are crammed with nuts and jumbo chocolate chips.

After I finished the cookies I made a raspberry pie just like my grandmother used to make. Can't wait for dessert tomorrow or the next day I suppose since we'll be eating out tomorrow.

I've been up on my feet almost all of today and probably should kick back and give my new knee a rest but I really have the urge to pot up some coleus that I wintered over in an indoor greenhouse in the studio. It's so beautiful out I hate to waste it.

I'm still here Pac. I have to stay inside because my lilac bushes are blooming. They kill me! I didn't know that until we planted them. Part of the reason there's fewer posts could be because if the error message I was getting all morning. Couldn't bring up any posts. It said that DC knew about it and was working on it. Was anyone else getting it? Was it me? Or DC?

I don't think my lilacs are going to do much this year. That drop into the teens right after they budded didn't help.

Hey taxy, what a co-inkydink, I'm headed to the grocery store too. Maybe I'll see you there. :huh: Nah, probably not. Boy, do I NEED to shop. I have a French-door style fridge. I use the right side for the regular, have-to-have-on-hand things like pickles, mayo, butter, juice and milk...stuff like that. My fresh food for the week is on the left and in the drawers. Well...I can see the entire back wall on the left side and the bottom of the drawers. :ermm: Not sure what that bill will look like when I'm done...

I figured I'd skim the threads here for five minutes before I left. Took me only four before I started to compose this. You're right pac, not a whole lot of traffic here lately. Can't blame it on the log in/error code issue earlier (yup, I got it too shortly after midnight) since that doesn't happen for long. But this post decline thing has been a while. Time to start some sort of cooking competition to get our creative juices flowing?

I'm resting after spending six hours at the farmer's market this morning and early afternoon, staffing the Master Gardeners' table. I visited the farm stand and bought some fresh veggies, including asparagus and strawberries and their peak of beautiful flavor, and a baguette from the local bakery. There was an arts festival going on as well, so we got lots of additional traffic from that. Now we have thunderstorms rolling in and I'm reconsidering my plans to grill dinner tonight.

Attachments

• 2014-05-10 08.42.49.jpg
    2014-05-10 08.42.49.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 164
...I figured I'd skim the threads here for five minutes before I left. Took me only four before I started to compose this. You're right pac, not a whole lot of traffic here lately. Can't blame it on the log in/error code issue earlier (yup, I got it too shortly after midnight) since that doesn't happen for long. But this post decline thing has been a while. Time to start some sort of cooking competition to get our creative juices flowing?

Yeah, you can leave the forum for several hours and only have 4-5 threads to catch up on, yet there are twenty members logged in :LOL:
I remember when you would have to go a second New Posts page to catch up on everything. Those days are gone, but 4-5 threads is pretty slow indeed.

Guess I'm one of the guilty ones. I haven't been around much lately and when I have been I just poked in and then ran off without posting. I was feeling impatient with some of the stuff I was reading and figured I'd best absent myself. Thumper has good advice.

I've been unwell the last week or so and food has held little appeal. I'm hopeful that I'm now on the mend but lordy I've been poked and prodded and have more to come before they figure me out. ;) I'll try to remember to post when I get in here and maybe even try to be witty once in a while.

Happy early Mom's day to all for tomorrow.

Like I mentioned in the MIA thread, I more often than not appear on when I am in fact not. It's not a matter of lurking, but more often I am logged on with one of my three devices and forget to close it. Too much technology.

Also, I think I have been wound up about my own stuff (health, vow renewal, etc.) that I don't post in response to others and for that I apologize. I am very interested in what you have to say and I should respond.

Anyway, for today I am laying low. TB came home from his last shift of the week last night running a high fever, stuffed up and coughing. Yet another bug that I could catch if I am not careful, so am keeping up with iron, vitamin C and all other things that help. TB is sleeping and I hope for his sake he continues to do so and gets better. I hate to see him feeling rotten. I am making some chicken soup for him.

I again missed out on replying to someone!

Alix, my dear Canadian sister, I hope they find out what is wrong soon and you feel better. Here's a baker's dozen of hugs! {{{{{{{{{{{{{Alix}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm trying out the new DC app on my new phone...WAY COOL!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I agree with pac that there has been less overall activity for some time now. Also less of that activity is food and cooking related stuff and more off topic.

I don't think my lilacs are going to do much this year. That drop into the teens right after they budded didn't help.

This winter was really hard on my climbing roses and hydrangias. My beautyberry and weigielias don't look good either. I'll wait a couple weeks to see if any green appears, otherwise I guess it's time to whack 'em. Thankfully there's some new growth appearing at the bottoms of the plants.

I just finished watching Locusts. What a disturbing, dark movie. I hadn't realized Paul Rudd was in it the first time I saw it, which was probably before Paul Rudd started making all those movies.

This winter was really hard on my climbing roses and hydrangias. My beautyberry and weigielias don't look good either. I'll wait a couple weeks to see if any green appears, otherwise I guess it's time to whack 'em. Thankfully there's some new growth appearing at the bottoms of the plants.

I need someone to tell me how to care for hydrangeas. The first one died, and I'm not too sure if this second one is alive or not. I heard something about not breaking off the dead branches?

I need someone to tell me how to care for hydrangeas. The first one died, and I'm not too sure if this second one is alive or not. I heard something about not breaking off the dead branches?

It depends. The older varieties, like Annabelle, can take being pruned to the ground in the fall. The newer varieties aren't supposed to be pruned. What do you have, Carol?

I just finished rubbing and wrapping some babybacks. I'm thinking a little WSM action tomorrow. I even picked up some jalapenos and little smokies. Maybe I'll get a chub of Smith's Bologna tomorrow, too.

Our new Import Market opened this past week, Shrek and I went in a couple of times today. So many people, so we didn't do any serious looking. We'll go back when it calms down. Picked up nori and rice crackers, scone mixes that Shrek can make, odds and ends of jams, marmalades and preserves. Double Devon Cream, Vegemite...that's just what we found on the quick spin around.

There's a fine line between dark, and really dark. I went out and pulled up all the solar lights that need their batteries replaced. I think. Hard to see.

I'm considering going to bed early. As in pretty soon. I know, me who stays up to wake the birdies! Didn't sleep good last night because a leg cramp here and a charlie horse there kept waking me. Ugh! The grocery store didn't have any near-ripe bananas either. Hoping for a better night tonight.

...I've been unwell the last week or so and food has held little appeal. I'm hopeful that I'm now on the mend but lordy I've been poked and prodded and have more to come before they figure me out. ;) ...
Alix, I hope all the poking and prodding makes you feel good again. Your family should wait on you hand and foot tomorrow - Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom