What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
simonbaker said:
Trying to get our 13 year old daughter's hair just right & an outfit picked out for picture day at school, it's my latest challenge!

What a beautiful challenge to have. She will only be 13 for a year! My kids are 31 and almost 26. It seems like just yesterday we were going in for school pictures...

I have just got back from the shops...went to buy some ingredients to make some small custard tarts in my new little tart tins :chef:

I just finished talking to my granddaughter. Her father's family gave her a hard time today. They weren't happy with what she planned for her father's funeral today. Of course they didn't contribute one cent to it. She emptied her savings account to pay for everything. The casket cost her extra. Her father weighed 420 pounds. :angel:

I just finished talking to my granddaughter. Her father's family gave her a hard time today. They weren't happy with what she planned for her father's funeral today. Of course they didn't contribute one cent to it. She emptied her savings account to pay for everything. The casket cost her extra. Her father weighed 420 pounds. :angel:

They are ungrateful wretches who have no say in the matter and she should tell them so. I'm sorry she had to deal with that.

Addie said:

Oh, Addie, that's so wrong.

They are ungrateful wretches who have no say in the matter and she should tell them so. I'm sorry she had to deal with that.

I told her if anyone of them has anything else to say just ask them, "How much do you contribute to his funeral?"

I had her aunt in Girl Scouts many, many moons ago. She was a problem then and she hasn't changed. :angel:

Made salsa cruda, and since my home grown cilantro was gone, I had DH pick some up from the grocer's. What a disappointment! $.79 for about 12 strands with absolutely no flavor. Clover would have tasted better. :mad: Oh well, the salsa is pretty decent, even with the flavorless cilantro.

Last edited:
I am currently baking some custard tarts and lemon curd tarts :chef:

I have just finished making the sweet shortcrust pastry, lots of rolling out and I made 16 individual little tarts...my arms are aching LOL!

They are in the oven, now to make the fillings :)

Kylie1969 said:

I have just finished making the sweet shortcrust pastry, lots of rolling out and I made 16 individual little tarts...my arms are aching LOL!

Oh yum! Bet you are exhausted, Kylie, but looking forward to hearing/seeing the results! I love custard and lemon curd! :yum:

Made salsa cruda, and since my home grown cilantro was gone, I had DH pick some up from the grocer's. What a disappointment! $.79 for about 12 strands with absolutely no flavor. Clover would have tasted better. :mad: Oh well, the salsa is pretty decent, even with the flavorless cilantro.

Aaargh, dawg, isn't that disappointing - they shouldn't even be selling cilantro this late in the year, it has no flavor at all. :( Glad your salsa turned out good without it, though. :) I think I'm going to try growing it again this year, but we have to start it around November and by March or so it starts bolting and is pretty much done. I LOVE cilantro!

Wow, that is a lot of tarts. :) Also would love to hear how they turned out! I love lemony desserts. :yum:

DL and Cheryl...the tarts worked out pretty good...except I think the pastry was a bit dry...not as moist as recipes I have tried before.

I tried a different one just for a change...but this one did not have an egg yolk in it and I think that has made all the difference

Addie said:
Thank you to both of you. What is so upsetting right now is that they went through the cancer thing with her husband. When they found it, they gave him three months at the most. He has been in remission for more than five years to date. But she is remembering all the hard days that she went through with him when he was getting chemo. Sitting by the bedside when he was so sick. Sitting in the hospital for hours while he got the chemo. And she knows what she is facing. But I think what is scaring her the most is what it did to her husband. It has left him in really bad shape. He is in constant pain. It takes him more than an hour to get out of bed each day. And his thought process is really out of whack. And everyone sees it along with him. He can't stand for more than a few minutes. And to make even the simplest decision is so difficult for him. She is afraid that she will end up like him. Then who will take care of the both of them.

He is terrified that he is going to lose her. He keeps crying every so often. That isn't helping her any at all. And all the company that keeps showing up is draining her of her strength. My daughter and her husband need time alone to abosrb all of this. I haven't been to see her since she got home from the hospital. She has enough company. But I do call her each day. And she knows if she really needs me I will come in a flash. Her daughter has moved home. But she is starting nursing school and will be busy with her studyinig. Her son lives downstairs and is doing what he can. He works full time so he is not home during the day. His girlfriend who lives with him has been helping with the cooking. God bless her. She is not the worlds best cook, but she is trying.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Thank you everyone. It really helps me to know I have so many folks that care. This has been a shock to me almost as bad as when my youngest daughter was murdered. I am over the worst of it and am ready to face what ever comes. She is my first born. I will not lose her. :angel:

She should talk to her doctor about whether her treatment will be less severe than her husband's it might give her some peace of mind to hear that her cancer wasn't as far along (I'm assuming, since you said they think they got all of it in the surgery), and therefore won't need such heavy doses and drastic treatment. That would be so scary to have seen first hand what it can do, and I really feel for both of you. Hang in there, and see if any medical staff can reassure her, if it's true that the treatment will be less severe, and in all likelihood it will not affect her like her husband. My mom went through chemo 15 years ago, and she is in better shape now than she was then. She just did a 5k pulling a wagon with her two nephews in it, does yoga twice a week, and her boss at work has been bugging her for 15 years to go to school and move up in the department (she found out the week after she started that job that she had cancer!! I'm sure they were thrilled lol). Lots of people come through it just fine, and she needs to believe she will be one of them to keep her spirits up, and get through it. I didn't even look at when this post was from- I haven't been on here in a few days due to having 4 16-17 hour days in a row, with school and work, so hopefully your daughter is in better spirits now. Hang in there!

Happy Spring everyone...well it is here anyway :)

It is a lovely sunny morning and it is going to be 20 degrees...perfect!!

Sitting out on the patio looking at the beautiful full moon, and going through pics of my trip to the river yesterday with daughter and grandson. I love this one. :)

:wub:

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom