What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting ready to go to a local cruise in. Here some pictures of the truck for those of you who have not seen it.

image-1326932685.jpg

image-3659338040.jpg

It will be yellow some day, but it still looks nice in the white sealer.
We have been working on it for seven years now.

It's adorable! Reminds me a bit of Mater! In much better shape of course.

Last edited:
I love the truck. But then I love to live in yesteryear. It is nice to see that someone else appreciates well made vehicles. No computer in that one. I remember hauling the pigs to North Truro for slaughter in a truck like that. Floor shift, make an H. Very few dials on the dashboard. :angel:

Dawgluver said:
It's adorable! Reminds me a bit of Mater! In much better shape of course.

Funny you should say that. I was thinking of getting some big craft foam and making some sun shades that look like eyes. What do you think? It might be fun for at the shows.

MrsLMB said:
Gorgeous truck chopper !!

Thanks. Hubby has done most of the work. My son and I have helped, but the long hours of work done by Hubby have really paid off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kylie1969 said:
Wow, that looks so cool Chopper :)

That is a long time you have been working on it, well done :)

Thanks. Yes it's been awhile. It has been on the road over a year now though.

Addie said:
I love the truck. But then I love to live in yesteryear. It is nice to see that someone else appreciates well made vehicles. No computer in that one. I remember hauling the pigs to North Truro for slaughter in a truck like that. Floor shift, make an H. Very few dials on the dashboard. :angel:

Thanks. We love it too. A lot of people put in an automatic transmission when they rebuild these trucks, but we have a standard transmission (the stick shift you remember). We got this truck because Hubby's dad had one like it when Hubby was a little boy. It was really rough when we got it. Heating and AC are the next things to go into it. It has never had it before. It also only had one windshield wiper (on the driver side) , so that was another change that had to be made. It seems funny when we go 75 MPH down the highway in a truck made so long ago. Needless to say, the motor is not the original one. ;)

Last edited:
I have been to a couple of car shows. There are the regular classics. '55 Chevy, orginal T-Bird, Mustang, 55 Ford Fairlane, etc. But it is the vehicles of the 30's and 40's that get the most attention. The biggest draw was the engines of the old trucks. The men just pour over them and drool. Then you get some farm woman who grew up with them and tell them the name of all the parts and the men just stand there and stare at her. They learned at a very young age how to drive them, stick shift and all, and repair them. :angel:

I have been to a couple of car shows. There are the regular classics. '55 Chevy, orginal T-Bird, Mustang, 55 Ford Fairlane, etc. But it is the vehicles of the 30's and 40's that get the most attention. The biggest draw was the engines of the old trucks. The men just pour over them and drool. Then you get some farm woman who grew up with them and tell them the name of all the parts and the men just stand there and stare at her. They learned at a very young age how to drive them, stick shift and all, and repair them. :angel:

Addie,

Your post reminded me of my mother.

When she was 90 the assisted living facility had a classic car show and the CNA asked my mother if she would like to attend. My mother said I don't think so dear, I rode in most of them when they were new! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Addie,

Your post reminded me of my mother.

When she was 90 the assisted living facility had a classic car show and the CNA asked my mother if she would like to attend. My mother said I don't think so dear, I rode in most of them when they were new! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:LOL::LOL: When I married my first husband, we had a '48 Chevy Roaster with a bumble seat and the starter was on the floor. I loved that car. :angel:

It is 6:10 a.m. and I have to be up in 2 hours for church, and what am I doing? Reading. I cannot put the stupid book down! Yes, I am finally reading "The Hunger Games." I ordered all three books from ebay and have gotten the first two. I had absolutely no intention of watching the movie or reading the books. I liked the movie and I love the book!

We just got home from the weekend away. Went up north about 150 miles. Dh's nephew got married & we catered the meal. It was a fun weekend but it feels great to come home.

SB, welcome back!

Sounds like a lovely time :)

I am off to see my surgeon very shortly, it has been 4.5 months since my shoulder operation but it still hurts a lot at times, so I just want to check on it ;)

Lovely sunny day here :)

I just finished cutting James's hair. If you had told me months ago that I would be cutting his hair, I would have said you were nuts! He found a really nice hair cutting set that guides me through it though, and so far (twice), so good.

Back
Top Bottom