What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made Chinese BBQ red pork for the first time. It was wonderful in homemade Wonton soup. Quick and easy lunch.
I used equal amounts of the Ah-So BBQ sauce and Hoisin sauce. Cut the boneless pork loin roast into medium size flat chunks and tossed them in the sauce then put them on a foil line tray. I put them in the oven set on convection roast 350F for 20 minutes turned then another 20 minutes. They turned out nicely browned. What a wonderful flavor. I can't wait to use it in the fried rice and egg rolls.
I will try to remember to get a picture of the chunks before I cut them up.
Here's a picture of the soup.

img_1234420_0_aff1081fc06902319b6eca748b7879f8.jpg

In 1985 I joined a group to build a co-op housing project along the Fraser River in the beautiful old city of New Westminster. The Sky Train rapid transit had just been built to get ready for Expo 86 and it's terminus station was right across some railroad tracks from the riverfront development.

As more complexes were built around us, several towers were built across the street from us, right beside the Amtrak rails that have been there for forever. People bought into these luxury condos knowing full well there were tugboats on the river, trains on the rails and the rapid transit around them.

The owners started to put in a petition to have the tracks moved or at the very least closed down because they were shaking their buildings. They even wanted our complex to sign as well.

One outspoken resident of our complex told one of the petitioners "I bet you are the type that would go to McDonald's and purposely spill coffee on yourself so you could sue! :LOL:

Needless to say the petition (and the tracks) never went anywhere and the people got used to it! :wacko:

I made Chinese BBQ red pork for the first time. It was wonderful in homemade Wonton soup. Quick and easy lunch.
I used equal amounts of the Ah-So BBQ sauce and Hoisin sauce. Cut the boneless pork loin roast into medium size flat chunks and tossed them in the sauce then put them on a foil line tray. I put them in the oven set on convection roast 350F for 20 minutes turned then another 20 minutes. They turned out nicely browned. What a wonderful flavor. I can't wait to use it in the fried rice and egg rolls.
I will try to remember to get a picture of the chunks before I cut them up.
Here's a picture of the soup.

img_1234438_0_aff1081fc06902319b6eca748b7879f8.jpg

the most beautiful wonton soup i've ever laid eyes on, msm!:yum:

Pretty neat.
Will you be posting the time lapsed video? ;)

We get a lot of Monarchs through here in the Fall, but they are probably just migrating.

Wish I could have managed that, pac. But if you'll Google this site, they do have a time-lapse that is (gee, I really don't like this overused word, but...) awesome.

Swallowtail Butterfly Life Cycle (Pipevine Swallowtail)

Thanks, LP. And check this out if you have a chance.

In 1985 I joined a group to build a co-op housing project along the Fraser River in the beautiful old city of New Westminster. The Sky Train rapid transit had just been built to get ready for Expo 86 and it's terminus station was right across some railroad tracks from the riverfront development.

As more complexes were built around us, several towers were built across the street from us, right beside the Amtrak rails that have been there for forever. People bought into these luxury condos knowing full well there were tugboats on the river, trains on the rails and the rapid transit around them.

The owners started to put in a petition to have the tracks moved or at the very least closed down because they were shaking their buildings. They even wanted our complex to sign as well.

One outspoken resident of our complex told one of the petitioners "I bet you are the type that would go to McDonald's and purposely spill coffee on yourself so you could sue! :LOL:

Needless to say the petition (and the tracks) never went anywhere and the people got used to it! :wacko:

Here's one for you.
A local, old farmer who had a pig farm and was told he could no longer farm pigs because of the housing development that went in beside him. They took up a petition, changed the zoning and won. He was told he could only farm crops. How is that for "progress"?

Blessed event this morning. I went out to fill the bird feeder and found that the Monarch chrysalis had hatched. Exactly two weeks and one day since it started pupating. That was fun!

That is magnificent, Lizzie! Congrats, butterfly grandma!

Ms.M, I am sending you a self-addressed, stamped container that I want you to fill with your yummy soup!

Last edited:
Here's one for you.
A local, old farmer who had a pig farm and was told he could no longer farm pigs because of the housing development that went in beside him. They took up a petition, changed the zoning and won. He was told he could only farm crops. How is that for "progress"?

Yeah, progress can suck big time!

What a busy day I have had!

I did all the grocery shopping this morning, then a heap of ironing, then I went down to the market that mum works on Sundays and helped her out for about 4 hours as she is leaving!

She has been doing it for about 10 years and feels it is time for a change, so she is having a sale over the next few weeks, I was helping her clean up and dust, rearrange some things and bring stuff home to take to the Salvos or dump etc

I am so beat now, will sleep well tonight no doubt!

Thanks, Dawgluver & Princess. You, too, LP. If you will indulge me one more caterpillar, here is a photo of an upside-down Horned Hickory Devil that I took a few years ago in NC - on a persimmon tree.

Attachments

• H H D Mecklenburg County, NC.jpg
    H H D Mecklenburg County, NC.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 150
oh woww, tin! isn't nature awesomely spectacular, though? at times, it hardly seems possible....

the birth of the butterfly was also a breathtaking sight to behold...:)

Last edited:
I'm sitting here watching the howling winds blowing the snow around and trying to think of something for dinner tonight. Preferably something that won't generate leftovers, as I have leftovers from last night's dinner to use up in the next day or so.

been reading this thread for almost an hour now....needed to catch up. Fun!

I'm recovering from emergency heart surgery, a triple bypass, this is my 3rd week at home....beginning to get bored, so I must be feeling better, huh?

Been reading Neil Young's 'Waging Heavy Peace'. I feel as if I've been living with him for the past week or so.....his writing goes down smoothly, like a good ....well, smoothie!

Watching blustery weather outside, and one lone beaver, come up from his watery hibernation to take down little trees, drag 'em underwater.....strange to see in winter.

snow%20beav.JPG

soma, i'm so sorry to hear about your illness, but it is good to know you are at home and on the road to recovery.:) you have a beautiful spot from where to enjoy watching nature and nature's creatures, going about their daily rituals.

i hope you continue to improve and strengthen, and that you are soon ready to be a better and healthier version of you.

i was missing you at dc, but i thought it was longer, it seemed way longer than three weeks. nice to have you back, soma....:)

Back
Top Bottom