What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished prepping tomorrow night's dinner.
pinoy pork.jpg

Filipino Style Pork Barbecue

I will not ride with my Dad, if forced I lay down in the backseat and try to sleep. This is the same person who taught me to drive...Mom or my Brother do all the driving now.

Often one of the residents here will offer to drive me somewhere. I always turn them down. Have you ever seen a 90 y.o. drive? I get nervous just watching them leave the parking lot. Our resident maintenance man is parked right next to the exit. It can take him as long as five minutes to back up and get out onto the street. One of these days I am going to call the RMV and report him.

I can understand that the elderly don't want to stop driving and lose their freedom. But we do have an excellent public transit system and the elderly pay half price for the cab. I am also sure their children will gladly drive them to go shopping. They can get their groceries delivered for free. :angel:

Our new giant Goodwill store opened Thursday, they are in a space about twice the size of what they had before. We are going to go take a wander through. If I can convince Shrek, we will wander down to the Farmer's Market, too. If n ot I will drop him back home and go myself.

Now I understand why you cleaned out those closets a few days ago! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Am I in the wrong?

Most of the residents in this building are Catholic. Fine. I am Protestant. On each floor there is a bulletin board next to the elevator for posting of upcoming events like the monthly birthday parties in the Community Room. The board on the first floor is where residents who have had a death or other event in their life will place a "Thank You" card for all to read. It usually stays there about a month before it comes down. I have no problem with that.

What I am having a problem with is that lately some of the residents have been pinning up pictures of saints and other Catholic printings. I don't try to convince anyone in this building to donate to the Grace Church and the food bank that services the whole of Eastie. The church is Protestant. They all know that I do donate. I feel like they are trying to ram their religion down my throat and others who are not Catholic. My neighbor next door has a small statue outside her door of the Infant of Prague. She feels that it is protecting her and those that enter her apartment. Fine. Doesn't bother me in the least. We are in an alcove and there are only four other apartments in this area. So the whole building is not subject to it. And it is not printed material telling us how wonderful the local Catholic churches are. It is not telling us when we have to attend services. It is not asking us for any donations to the Catholic church. It is just a little statue about 5" tall. A lot of the material on the boards is becoming overbearing. And I am beginning to resent it. I am not trying to ram my beliefs down your throat, stop trying to ram yours down mine.

Am I wrong? :angel:

IMHO as long as you have the same right, to post a flyer about your church and what it offers, I really don't see an issue.

Now that I'm old and can't run very fast, I have learned to choose my battles carefully. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I was born ready. Live to shake and bake babyyy! :LOL:

It was a madhouse!!! Shrek was upset, because there was nowhere for him to stand out-of-the-way while I shopped. Once he is done shopping, he starts moaning and groaning.

Nothing brand new in the appliances. Shrek did find some of the knit lounging shorts he likes that were new. I found a nice microplane grater, medium with a nice handle and protective cover AND a nice serrated slicer for tomatoes and bread. A couple of lavender colored bowls and a cheap, new, shower poof.

Most of the residents in this building are Catholic. Fine. I am Protestant. On each floor there is a bulletin board next to the elevator for posting of upcoming events like the monthly birthday parties in the Community Room. The board on the first floor is where residents who have had a death or other event in their life will place a "Thank You" card for all to read. It usually stays there about a month before it comes down. I have no problem with that.

What I am having a problem with is that lately some of the residents have been pinning up pictures of saints and other Catholic printings. I don't try to convince anyone in this building to donate to the Grace Church and the food bank that services the whole of Eastie. The church is Protestant. They all know that I do donate. I feel like they are trying to ram their religion down my throat and others who are not Catholic. My neighbor next door has a small statue outside her door of the Infant of Prague. She feels that it is protecting her and those that enter her apartment. Fine. Doesn't bother me in the least. We are in an alcove and there are only four other apartments in this area. So the whole building is not subject to it. And it is not printed material telling us how wonderful the local Catholic churches are. It is not telling us when we have to attend services. It is not asking us for any donations to the Catholic church. It is just a little statue about 5" tall. A lot of the material on the boards is becoming overbearing. And I am beginning to resent it. I am not trying to ram my beliefs down your throat, stop trying to ram yours down mine.

Am I wrong? :angel:

No your not. Here pretty much the same thing has been going on. It must be a some kind of a push from the church to the members to get them out.
What bothers me to no end is when they feel that they have a right to step onto my property. Touch my vehicles leaving all those pamphlets on the windshields or doormats. In a way I think it's spam. It hits the trash can real quick. It even happens in a public parking lot. People just throw them down now we have to look at trashy un kept parking lots.

It was a madhouse!!! Shrek was upset, because there was nowhere for him to stand out-of-the-way while I shopped. Once he is done shopping, he starts moaning and groaning.

Nothing brand new in the appliances. Shrek did find some of the knit lounging shorts he likes that were new. I found a nice microplane grater, medium with a nice handle and protective cover AND a nice serrated slicer for tomatoes and bread. A couple of lavender colored bowls and a cheap, new, shower poof.

Shrek sounds like my husband. A glimps is good enough for him. Then it's "Can we go home now?" Not a chance. I hit every isle.

Sounds like you found some great buys. Don't ya just love those poofs..
Too bad they don't make me magically disappear. Defect-- return the manufacturer pronto! :ermm:

We bought the new propane grill. The box was too big to fit in the car. It will be delivered and assembled on Wednesday.

This is it:

Master Chef® E500 Propane BBQ | Canadian Tire

If it asks for a postal code, type in: H9G 1W7

We got a propane tank and cover. We are considering getting the motorized rotisserie kit for ~$50. I wonder if it is worth it. When I was a dad we had rotisserie chicken on the charcoal grill almost every Sunday during the summer. My dad built the rotisserie. I think he even made the motor. He was a mechanical engineer and had been a machinist.

Making vanilla ice cream, a gallon of it, LOL.

I love homemade vanilla ice cream. I'm using my old fashioned ice cream maker with salt and ice, it isn't too old fashioned though, it has a motor! It's a bit loud and annoying though.

We bought the new propane grill. The box was too big to fit in the car. It will be delivered and assembled on Wednesday.

This is it:

Master Chef® E500 Propane BBQ | Canadian Tire

If it asks for a postal code, type in: H9G 1W7

We got a propane tank and cover. We are considering getting the motorized rotisserie kit for ~$50. I wonder if it is worth it. When I was a dad we had rotisserie chicken on the charcoal grill almost every Sunday during the summer. My dad built the rotisserie. I think he even made the motor. He was a mechanical engineer and had been a machinist.

Nice one :chef:
What is the left hand side? Like a warming oven? I'm assuming the right is a regular burner...

IMO, if all you are going to use the rotisserie for is chicken, you don't need it. You can accomplish the same thing with the chicken standing up (as in beer can chicken).
You eat lamb though, don't you? It might be nice for doing a leg of lamb on.

Shrek sounds like my husband. A glimps is good enough for him. Then it's "Can we go home now?" Not a chance. I hit every isle.

Sounds like you found some great buys. Don't ya just love those poofs..
Too bad they don't make me magically disappear. Defect-- return the manufacturer pronto! :ermm:

First thing I saw when I walked in...the old Goodwill never had new things like this one does. I like the poofs to exfoliate, I get ingrown hair on my legs because of the compression socks I wear for work. At 50 cents each, I got a few of them.

Shrek was the one who wanted to go...he was fine while he was looking for what he wanted at Staples, too...but worn out and hurting as soon as I started looking around. We hit Hastings and I gave him a cart to push around and took off to wander the store, they've moved everything around. Bought one or 8 books...

my ice cream maker makes a gallon, and if I'm going to the trouble of making ice cream, I might as well make a bunch!

we have people coming over tomorrow, they'll get to eat wedding cake prototype and ice cream!

Nice one :chef:
What is the left hand side? Like a warming oven? I'm assuming the right is a regular burner...

IMO, if all you are going to use the rotisserie for is chicken, you don't need it. You can accomplish the same thing with the chicken standing up (as in beer can chicken).
You eat lamb though, don't you? It might be nice for doing a leg of lamb on.
The one on the left is an infrared burner. There is no burner on the right. I think the knob on the right is for the rotisserie burner. That's one of the reasons I was thinking of getting the rotisserie. I won't likely be doing a leg of lamb and I was thinking that the beer can chicken (they actually sell a thing for that) would probably be adequate.

Last edited:
..Shrek was upset, because there was nowhere for him to stand out-of-the-way while I shopped. Once he is done shopping, he starts moaning and groaning...

Harrumph, he moans and groans when he's had enough. Himself moans and groans when I tell him we have to go somewhere to shop. At least you get Shrek out of the house!

Last night we had mum over for dinner, it was a wonderful night with great food, great wine and great company :)

Today, a relaxing day in, watched a couple of movies, went out for a fish and chips lunch and for dinner we had a Red Chicken Curry with basmati rice and some crusty italian bread :yum:

Relaxing now, soon to be heading in to watch some Kitchen Nightmares :)

Back
Top Bottom