What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No not selfish, it's nice to know someone cares big time I'll be thinking of you and your app. Wishing you all the best sweetie.
hugs
ma

Kadesma, I am sitting here with my leg all wrapped up and a boot on my foot. I broke a small bone in my foot and kept quiet about it. The last thing I wanted was this. I figured if I stayed off it, eventually it would heal. But today I had an appointment with a new foot doctor. I sort of mentioned it to him, that I think I sprained it. So danged if he didn't have x-ray equipment right there in his office. Sure enough, the break showed right up. I am so pissed at myself. I should have kept my mouth shut, yet I know I did the right thing. So for the next six weeks, it will be weekly trips to the foot doctor for more x-rays and a checkup. On the x-ray you could see the scar on the bone from the previous break. So the chances of healing right on its own was almost nil. I would end up with a limp. So I sit here pissed at myself and yet I know I did the right thing. Danged if I do and danged if I don't.

Take care of that leg. I ended up in a wheelchair for four months and major surgery to put a graft on my leg. :angel:

As much as the smell of bread baking is wonderful, I'm at olfactory overload with that. Ten loaves of French bread on Friday, 12 on Saturday and another 10 yesterday and, so far 8 today. It's nice to smell the fragrance of sauteeing onions and beef as I prepare for tonight's supper.

There's something about the "promise" of something good when I smell onions cooking.

So..."what I'm doing" is relishing in the fragrance of the prep for tonight's supper, then I'm going to sit down, put my feet up and listen to an audio book.

I'm watching the tube. Catching up on all the football I missed yesterday because I was watching Rich Man, Poor Man.
This morning I fixed a fence. The wind blew so hard last night it snapped a 4x4 post off at ground level. It's miserable here. Which is why I am sitting inside.

I thought I had a slow leak in a tire so I took the car up to the local garage and walked home. I soon got a call telling me it wasn't the tire but the tire pressure monitoring system. That should be covered by warranty so I'll have to get to the dealer this week.

Just put a chocolate cake in the oven for our grandson's birthday. He's here tomorrow so we'll have a cake and ice cream for a snack.

Last edited:
I'm sitting our smallest dog this afternoon. We noticed last night she had split one of her front nails. Took her to the veterinary and they clipped it WAY back and wrapped her foot. The bandage can come off this evening but she needed to be watched so she didn't chew it off. I now have anti-biotic for her and pain meds as needed. Since she didn't show any pain when it happened I don't think she will need many of them. I gave her one when we got home and she has settled down.

I'm sitting our smallest dog this afternoon. We noticed last night she had split one of her front nails. Took her to the veterinary and they clipped it WAY back and wrapped her foot. The bandage can come off this evening but she needed to be watched so she didn't chew it off. I now have anti-biotic for her and pain meds as needed. Since she didn't show any pain when it happened I don't think she will need many of them. I gave her one when we got home and she has settled down.
Aw, poor doggie. Give her a hug from us and I hope she heals quickly.

I was looking up other recipes for turkey necks and found one for turkey necks and collard greens.

I didn't like the recipe but have made heavenly collard greens in the past, so I'm planning a new version using the turkey neck meat and stock, plus a recipe for my own cajun spice blend.

I am sitting here wallowing in misery and suffering with pain from my broken foot. How can one bone so small cause so much misery? I am having a major pity party. Every little thing is irritating me. Too many medical appointments this month. I am sick of staying in bed resting my foot. Too many lights on in my apartment. Dust on my desktop. The printer cover is not on the printer. Too many pills to take each day. I just washed the floors a few days ago and already there is a spot on the kitchen floor. Why can't that dang floor stay clean? I feel like I am having PMS!

I wanted to rip of the fixings on my foot and leg as soon as I got home yesterday, but I would hear it big time from so many people that it wasn't worth it.

But I did get to order my Christmas present from my daughter today. She tried to order it when she was on the chemo and screwed it all up big time. So I had to cancel her order, she then gave me her card no. and I did it for her. What she ordered would have cost her over $300.00. What I want cost only $26.00. A big difference. It is a floor stand to hold my embroidery. I can use both hands with it instead of holding the hoop with one hand while I sew with the other. It is something I always considered a luxury item and never bought for myself. Poo will be getting me my KA cover. I will be one happy lady come Christmas.

Now if only I could get out of this pity party. I seem to be the only attendant. Anyone want to join me? Come on in. The door is wide open. :angel:

I am sitting here wallowing in misery and suffering with pain from my broken foot. How can one bone so small cause so much misery? I am having a major pity party. Every little thing is irritating me. Too many medical appointments this month. I am sick of staying in bed resting my foot. Too many lights on in my apartment. Dust on my desktop. The printer cover is not on the printer. Too many pills to take each day. I just washed the floors a few days ago and already there is a spot on the kitchen floor. Why can't that dang floor stay clean? I feel like I am having PMS!

I wanted to rip of the fixings on my foot and leg as soon as I got home yesterday, but I would hear it big time from so many people that it wasn't worth it.

But I did get to order my Christmas present from my daughter today. She tried to order it when she was on the chemo and screwed it all up big time. So I had to cancel her order, she then gave me her card no. and I did it for her. What she ordered would have cost her over $300.00. What I want cost only $26.00. A big difference. It is a floor stand to hold my embroidery. I can use both hands with it instead of holding the hoop with one hand while I sew with the other. It is something I always considered a luxury item and never bought for myself. Poo will be getting me my KA cover. I will be one happy lady come Christmas.

Now if only I could get out of this pity party. I seem to be the only attendant. Anyone want to join me? Come on in. The door is wide open. :angel:
I will join you Addie, I have had a terrible day. Dh came to work in a bad mood & it's been the pits all day after that. I did go in the gym after work to burn some of my frustration off, feeling somewhat better, stopped home briefly. I am leaving here shortly to go to aqua chi, I need to relax in a nice warm water pool. It can only make it better.
Take care Addie:angel::angel: Thinking of you!:angel:

I will join you Addie, I have had a terrible day. Dh came to work in a bad mood & it's been the pits all day after that. I did go in the gym after work to burn some of my frustration off, feeling somewhat better, stopped home briefly. I am leaving here shortly to go to aqua chi, I need to relax in a nice warm water pool. It can only make it better.
Take care Addie:angel::angel: Thinking of you!:angel:

Oh good! Misery loves company. Welcome to my world. From here it can only get better. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom