What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... Then, rather than waiting for DH's brother's plane to arrive 3 hours later and drive us to the hotel, I hired a taxi. On one of the busiest highways in the US, 95, during rush hour, the taxi died five times. The driver had to try to restart it. Took at least three key turns each time. We made it though, and nobody croaked. Taxi driver did give us each a bottle of water and peanut butter crackers. I need to revisit Lady Clairol.

Wow. I would have asked for a discount! Word of advice: if Eldest Niece gets married a third time, just send a gift. ;)

Wow. I would have asked for a discount! Word of advice: if Eldest Niece gets married a third time, just send a gift. ;)

I agree! Now I'm down to two unmarried nieces, one is with a guy who's still married, and the other one is in first grade, so hopefully it will be awhile.

my eldest sister is starting to freak out as her grandma clock is ticking.

she has 3 kids, and none of them have ever even been close to marriage as the youngest just turned 30. he just became a cop in maryland (prince george county?), so hopefully the uniform will work.

but what am i doing? dying on my couch. i haven't been this si k in years.

not looking for sympaty; just more mucinex and advil.

Last edited:

she has 3 kids, and none of them have ever even been close to marriage as the youngest just turned 30. he just became a cop in maryland (prince george county?), so hopefully the uniform will work.

not looking for sympaty; just more mucinex and Advil.

Even if you don't want it, you have mine. I spent the whole month of June inside my apartment so I wouldn't spread my miserable cold to others. So I understand.

My daughter and her husband feel the same way. Her son is engaged, but no wedding date set. And they both want no kids. Her daughter, has no interest in marriage at all. And certainly not in having kids. They will have to settle for nieces and nephews. :angel:

not looking for sympaty; just more mucinex and advil.
1) Our two will be 34 in December. Neither looks like marriage or babies is on the horizon. And I'm OK with that. If I were in their place right now I'm not sure I would want to have kids with the state of things the way they are. Good thing my post-WWII parents didn't feel that way!

2) You're such a snot. :D Seriously though, hope you feel all better soon.

1) Our two will be 34 in December. Neither looks like marriage or babies is on the horizon. And I'm OK with that. If I were in their place right now I'm not sure I would want to have kids with the state of things the way they are. Good thing my post-WWII parents didn't feel that way!

2) You're such a snot. :D Seriously though, hope you feel all better soon.

I hear that more and more nowadays. Today's young people cannot afford to get married, go to college, buy a home, etc. :( Unfortunately it is so true. :angel:

but they have more and careless, or should i say cavalier, sex with no strings attached.

go figure.

but when you do have a kid, you realize what it's for and want to practice all the time to get it right with your wife or hubby.

;)

but they have more and careless, or should i say cavalier, sex with no strings attached.

go figure.

but when you do have a kid, you realize what it's for and want to practice all the time to get it right with your wife or hubby.

;)

I know I am an old lady, but this "cavalier" sex attitude baffles me. It screams lack of self respect. I know I don't want just anyone handling my fine china. And I think I am worth more than china and certainly more precious. Then when I come across a girl that is expecting and doesn't know or is sure who the father is, well ..... I just stand there in disbelief. I will never understand this world I find myself living in. Everything I was taught that is morally wrong, is the right thing to do now. :angel:

in my younger, more evil, misspent youth (of which i'm still trying to make up for), i would look for a girl with daddy issues that smoked.

and of course with nice tea cups and good, round saucers... :D

in my younger, more evil, misspent youth (of which i'm still trying to make up for), i would look for a girl with daddy issues that smoked.

and of course with nice tea cups and good, round saucers... :D

You are so :devilish: But I :wub: you anyway. Don't ever change! :angel:

Last edited:

Ummm, your post-WWII parents didn't have reliable birth control ;) Which explains why it was wrong for women to have sex before marriage, but not men. Women ran the risk of getting pregnant and needing help to raise the child while men could deny any individual child was theirs.

Ummm, your post-WWII parents didn't have reliable birth control ;) Which explains why it was wrong for women to have sex before marriage, but not men. Women ran the risk of getting pregnant and needing help to raise the child while men could deny any individual child was theirs.

Gotta luv DNA! :angel:

I read Addie's comment of "gotta luv DNA" as referring to the present, i.e. that men can no longer get away with that.

SO is turning 65 in December so Ive been helping her sign up for Social Security, Medicare and supplemental insurances for Medicare parts A, B and D. The red tape is mind numbing.

Also reviewing insurance companies and their offerings to determine if I should change companies.

Back
Top Bottom