What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the wee hours of the morning and I have been searching the web for a garlic baker. After reading reviews till they are coming out of my ears, this is what I think I have settled for.

http://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Comp...qid=1414570071&sr=8-2&keywords=garlic+roaster

I always look at the one star reviews first. And what I read about some of them, left me impressed enough to bypass the product. Anyone had a great success with one and still going strong? I am open to suggestions. I may just end up with the tried and true foil with olive oil drizzle with salt. :angel:

In the wee hours of the morning and I have been searching the web for a garlic baker. After reading reviews till they are coming out of my ears, this is what I think I have settled for.

Amazon.com : Charcoal Companion Cast Iron Garlic Roaster & Squeezer Set - CC5127 : Garlic Roasters : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I always look at the one star reviews first. And what I read about some of them, left me impressed enough to bypass the product. Anyone had a great success with one and still going strong? I am open to suggestions. I may just end up with the tried and true foil with olive oil drizzle with salt. :angel:

I'm old, cheap, and have no room for such things!

I would definitely go with the scrap of aluminum foil and oil!

Yesterday I had to wait for a prescription in the local drug store and saw this while I was browsing!

Amazon.com: 2-Pack Rapid Ramen Cooker: Microwave Oven Accessories: Kitchen & Dining

His and hers Rapid Ramen Cookers, I've lived too long! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I see a lot of garlic bakers at the Goodwill store, so apparently people don't use them and donate them. I don't make enough roasted garlic to use one, but if you would use it often, go for it!

I always read the bad reviews first, also. In some instances you can tell that the person was using the item improperly. I always post reviews of the things I buy.

Last edited:
I just watched "The Great Pumpkin", starring the Peanuts crew. I'll never outgrow it. :LOL: Charles Schultz was a genius.

Had a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream while I was watching it, with a purring kitty by my side. :)

Glenn's busy taking his evening shower and I'm sitting on the sofa with tears streaming down my cheeks.

We just finished our wonderful anniversary dinner and he totally and completely surprised me with a gift that is beyond...

He gave me a pair of diamond stud earrings. I never imagined he would think of anything like this. He's totally against how many of the diamonds are sold/mined and diamonds would have been the last thing I thought he would have purchased. I was floored and I'll never take them off. What a sweetheart!!!!!

P.S. He told me they were non-conflict diamonds.

Glenn's busy taking his evening shower and I'm sitting on the sofa with tears streaming down my cheeks.

We just finished our wonderful anniversary dinner and he totally and completely surprised me with a gift that is beyond...

He gave me a pair of diamond stud earrings. I never imagined he would think of anything like this. He's totally against how many of the diamonds are sold/mined and diamonds would have been the last thing I thought he would have purchased. I was floored and I'll never take them off. What a sweetheart!!!!!

Oh Katie. You have a gem with just Glen at your side. You are indeed a most fortunate woman to have such a precious jewel in your life. Make sure you look in the mirror at least once a day so you can see them and send Glen a bit of love wherever he is. He will feel it, I am sure. :angel:

Certain things show your age. I had to dig a hole for my virginia creeper plant....45 cm deep x 45 cm wide. Admittedly I didn't do it all in one go....or even in 1 day! I did it in spurts of about 30 mins, trying to make some headway into compact clay! My body quickly showed signs of aching so could only do about 3 bouts a day. Got the plant in by the 3rd day! (Had to settle for somewhat less than 45 cm). :rolleyes:

It is a beautiful plant and one I always wanted to paint (watercolours). Now I will be able to do that! :)

Last edited:

That's incredibly sweet!
I get pots and pans :chef: all the better to cook him good food :)

We just had a new grocery chain open their first store here, Publix. The place is a mad house, this is the first new chain to open here in a long time and Publix fans are traveling from far and wide to see it. The place is a mad house, which makes me chuckle because it isn't like we don't have a lot of really nice grocery stores here. Of course I had to check it out and while nice, they aren't going to win people over on price, but they have a lot of nice offerings. They were smart to build their first store in one of the most affluent areas of town. With it being that crazy, I was out of there quick!

Last edited:
bakechef, that sounds like when Wegmans opened their first MA store. In a hoity-toity far-west suburb of Boston. Having shopped several of their locations in PA we knew a range of prices. Oh, these prices were SO not "PA". :ermm: Nice for Mr. and Mrs. Gotrocks, though.

We just finished our wonderful anniversary dinner and he totally and completely surprised me with a gift that is beyond.....
What a wonderful surprise indeed! How lucky you are to have such a romantic guy. :wub:

He's da best. After my DH, of course ;) I'm so happy for you that you found Glenn after a wonderful life with Buck.

bakechef, that sounds like when Wegmans opened their first MA store. In a hoity-toity far-west suburb of Boston. Having shopped several of their locations in PA we knew a range of prices. Oh, these prices were SO not "PA". :ermm: Nice for Mr. and Mrs. Gotrocks, though.

If you don't believe that prices are according to the location of where the store is located, go to the Market Basket weekly flyer. Click on a Gotrocks (love that title) location and look at the prices. Then go to their flagship store in Chelsea. Big difference. Somewhere they have to make a profit.

Fortunately for me, the new Revere store opened recently. That means when I go shopping tomorrow, a lot of the regular shoppers that used to go to the Chelsea store have switched to Revere. Revere was one of the communities that were served by the Chelsea store. Now it will be less crowded for me! :angel:

Since I woke up at four a.m., I decided to get ready for tomorrow's shopping. I got all my coupons in order of the aisles and separated them, mine vs. Spike's. I checked the flyer on line, listed the sale items that interested me, and then printed out my list. Spike gets his half and I, mine. I am so happy he does half my shopping for me. We are done in less than an hour. And since we are there when they open the doors, the store is empty.

So I am all set for tomorrow. I even have my clothes laid out. I am never this organized ahead of what I have to do. :angel:

I notice price differences a lot. We live right on the edge between 2 counties. If we go to stores in Allegheny county the prices are lower because that is considered a depressed area. If we go to Westmoreland county the prices are noticeably higher. There is a Giant Eagle in each location and also an Aldi's. The only time prices are the same is if they are something in the weekly ad.

Katie, what makes them "non-conflict diamonds?" Sounds to me like a bribe, to make sure you will never argue with him! LOL

That's funny, Carol. We don't argue, so the diamonds would be superfluous, but I'll take them just the same.

To better understand what conflict/non-conflict diamonds are, look at this link. It explains it better than I could.

Back
Top Bottom