What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will be shopping in a couple of days. Will definitely look for them. The molasses cookies sound like heaven. Does the recipe call for any ingredients that one would not have normally in the pantry? I have molasses, but not pumpkin spice. :angel:

It sounds like the chips are flavored with pumpkin spice.

Pumpkin spice is the same mix of spices you would use to make pumpkin pie - it's just pre-mixed. Waste of cupboard space, imo.

I will be shopping in a couple of days. Will definitely look for them. The molasses cookies sound like heaven. Does the recipe call for any ingredients that one would not have normally in the pantry? I have molasses, but not pumpkin spice. :angel:

The ingredients are pretty basic; flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger sugar, butter, Libby's 100% pure pumpkin, molasses, egg, vanilla and the chips. Hope this helps. It also says to line the cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.

It sounds like the chips are flavored with pumpkin spice.

Pumpkin spice is the same mix of spices you would use to make pumpkin pie - it's just pre-mixed. Waste of cupboard space, imo.

I make pumpkin bread with cranberries every year for the church fair. So I always have a container of pumpkin pie spice. And I keep a small jar of molasses on hand.

I do like to roast my own pumpkin. Right after Halloween, the prices of pumpkins drops drastically. So I pick up three or four of them and then freeze it. Right now I have about the equivalent of two cans in the freezer. If not, the church always has cans on hand that folks have donated. They aren't bakers, I guess. :angel:

The ingredients are pretty basic; flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger sugar, butter, Libby's 100% pure pumpkin, molasses, egg, vanilla and the chips. Hope this helps. It also says to line the cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.

All set. Have all the ingredients except for ginger sugar. Found the recipe. I will purchase a hand of fresh ginger when I go shopping. Hopefully I can find one with small fingers. :angel:

Having a cup of coffee before I get going.
I see a long day ahead.Need to get the house in order before we leave for S.F.

Why is the little last minute things the hardest to do?
It's ok, freedom is right around the corner.

...I will purchase a hand of fresh ginger when I go shopping. Hopefully I can find one with small fingers. :angel:
Stores usually don't mind if you break off a smaller piece if all the bin has is big ones. If you get yelled at, just tell them you know of someone who gets away with it at her Market Basket. :LOL:

Stores usually don't mind if you break off a smaller piece if all the bin has is big ones. If you get yelled at, just tell them you know of someone who gets away with it at her Market Basket. :LOL:

Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.

I just got back from yet another appointment at a doctor's office. This time it was the Ortho doctor for my hands. I really like this doctor. She is young and VERY, VERY thorough. She didn't just dismiss me with "Oh you JUST have arthritis. She was concerned with how disabled my hands have become. There is not much that is available for the damage that has happened so far. But there is to help prevent it from getting worse faster than it has been doing. She ordered X-rays and blood work. She wants a definitive diagnosis. Is it osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. She thinks it is osteoarthritis and it may be masking the Psoriatic Arthritis. If the X-rays come back showing that it is being mask, then there are shots that can stop the progression.

That's the first real good news I have heard about my hands in years.

Tomorrow I have the Social Worker coming for a home visit and Monday it is off to the eye doctor. :angel:

Addie, that's great that you got a doctor who really cares and has the energy to stay up to date.

Thanks TL. She is young and really looked at all aspects of my complaints of the pain in my hands. She didn't brush it of to the cost of getting old. (Like my primary did!) And she had a lot of information about arthritis that I didn't know. Including the latest up to date on medication for it. She did say I was doing the right things. Taking Ibuprophen and putting my hands under running hot water when the pain gets so bad. When she gets back the results of the X-rays, she will look into additional new medications and treatments.

She also feels that instead of it just being a circulation problem with the pain in my hips and spine, (again my primary's diagnosis) it could also be arthritis. Caused by the psoriasis. That alone was worth the trip in town to see her. I really like this doctor. I very really say that about a doctor. She took the time to be very thorough. :angel:

Tomorrow morning I am flying to Bakersfield to pick up a patient with Leukemia and taking him to UCLA medical Center.

What a wonderful service. Is your organization just in California or a chapter of a national one? I have heard of this being done in other parts of the country. Boston hospitals all have a heliport on the roofs and I know they pick up the patient from Logan Airport after they have been flown into the city, and dropped off at their hospital. So those big crosses or targets on the rooftops are not just for emergency accident flights when an ambulance would take to long to get through traffic. :angel:

Oh it is so nice to see the news of here!

I know of angel flights! Thank you for doing these! Nicu and I do these also!

I'm sitting in Joyce's living room with her and we're eating her nice snacks and posting. I'm looking at more recipes to use for the crew! I love to be here!

~Cat

I'm wondering where all my forks have wandered off to. Really. There's only three dinner forks and five salad forks in the drawer. I think a certain husband has been taking them to work and not returning them. :/

I'm wondering where all my forks have wandered off to. Really. There's only three dinner forks and five salad forks in the drawer. I think a certain husband has been taking them to work and not returning them. :/

My sister had the same problem. She found lovely dinner size PLASTIC forks, knives, spoons all in shiny silver. A wee bit heavier than standard plastic. They were a slightly more in cost than the standard plastic cutlery you would normally buy. He will think he is dining at the Estate Dinner. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom