What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished cleaning the kitchen. Good grief! How do the front of the bottom cabinets get so dirty. I just cleaned them a few days ago.

In the meantime I am waiting for Pirate to go shopping for my meats. Can't get too many. Not much room in the freezer. Just a couple of steaks and the Loin Pork Roast, bones in. :angel:

I'm waiting. Waiting for Himself to finish grooming in the only bathroom so I can put my contact lenses in ~ he takes longer than I do. Waiting for Loverly and Goober to get to her place. Once we're all together and all put together, we'll be heading out for what is probably our last day all together for this trip in. West Side Market first, then a short jaunt over to Great Lakes Brewing Company to eat someone else's food! Leave for MA tomorrow if we get our stuff together early - early being a challenge. Loverly has to be at work by 7 AM so it's early curfew tonight. Otherwise, we'll pack everything tomorrow and leave early on Tuesday and probably drive straight through.

I doubt she is that computer savvy. She sounded very confused when I tried to explain that to her. So I dropped the subject. Other than that problem, she is still in recovery mode. :angel:

That's really strange, since supposedly her husband built an internet server for "Cat". It's beyond simple to follow the instructions on how to set the password that come with a wireless router. And if you read any of her story about the cats, it includes some pretty savvy computer skills.

I have an idea CCL knows her way around computers quite well, Addie. :) Was she still in recovery mode during that recent 3-week road trip and miles and miles of hiking the Appalachian trail? Just curious, since you just spoke with her.

Last edited:
I'm waiting. Waiting for Himself to finish grooming in the only bathroom so I can put my contact lenses in ~ he takes longer than I do. Waiting for Loverly and Goober to get to her place. Once we're all together and all put together, we'll be heading out for what is probably our last day all together for this trip in. West Side Market first, then a short jaunt over to Great Lakes Brewing Company to eat someone else's food! Leave for MA tomorrow if we get our stuff together early - early being a challenge. Loverly has to be at work by 7 AM so it's early curfew tonight. Otherwise, we'll pack everything tomorrow and leave early on Tuesday and probably drive straight through.

Enjoy your (probably) last day with the kids, CG. Sounds like a fun filled day!

Lazy morning here. Having a cup of coffee before I annoy my neighbors all day. You know my favorites ones? Memba them? :) :rolleyes:

Got the smoker ready. Were all ready for some real ribs for a change.
I'll be taking my sweet time doing it to. ;)

I have an idea CCL knows her way around computers quite well, Addie. :) Was she still in recovery mode during that recent 3-week road trip and miles and miles of hiking the Appalachian trail? Just curious, since you just spoke with her.

I don't know. It was a very short call as I was checking to see make sure if she is all right. I just told her that we all missed her and asked about Cat and Carl and their baby. She assured me that she is working part time, but tires easily. Cat and her family will be returning in late August or early Sept. Then I had to hang up. :angel:

I am smiling from ear-to-ear. It's been a great visit with the kids, we hit a few favorite places, found a couple of new favorite places, and had wonderful weather to boot in spite of a very few hot-hot days. Alas, all things must come to an end, and we're now on an expected departure day of Tuesday. By the time we hit the market and had dinner out, it was too late to make much noise and start to pack the car. Our dear, sleepy Loverly needed to get to sleep early since she reports to work by 7:00 AM, wake-up time around 5:30 or so. *shudder* We'll enjoy one last departure dinner on Monday, but all around Loverly's kitchen table, cleaning up a few leftovers and eating a few freshly prepared items.

The best part of the trip? Himself kept saying "this is nice" and "I like this place" and other things that makes me think he just might be ready to do what we need to do to get back home. My fingers are seriously crossed on this one! :LOL:

Lazy morning here. Having a cup of coffee before I annoy my neighbors all day. You know my favorites ones? Memba them? :) :rolleyes:...
I sure hope those (non)favorite neighbors of yours were downwind. :LOL:

So happy you had such a great visit "back home", CG! Fingers crossed for you too!

I'm kicking back after a loooonnng day and night of travel yesterday. DH went back to bed after picking up Beagle from the kennel this morning.

A word of caution about going through the Atlanta airport. My nose runs almost constantly, so I always have to have kleenex in my pockets. Apparently the airport people x-ray machine doesn't like kleenex. I got hauled out of line, felt up, and swabbed down. I did tell them they could have my used kleenex if they really wanted it. Thankfully the TSA workers had a good sense of humor.

Last edited:
Just taking a break from trying to hang wallpaper in the bathroom. I am a seasoned wallpaper hanger and this is a decent quality of paper but this is causing very blue air in my house. It keeps falling off! I thought the first time it was because I'd stripped the old paper off and found the old 1920s oil paint on the walls so I dealt with that by painting the wall with wallpaper paste and letting it dry before going back to it, putting another coat of paste (same reliable make, different package, so not likely to be a problem with the paste) on the wall, pasted the paper and stuck it up. By now it was 2am so I went to bed. Got up this morning and went into the bathroom and the better part of yesterday's work was lying on the floor sneering at me!

God, I wish I'd married a rich man when I had the chance (or a good do-it-yourself-er would do).

Lazy morning here. Having a cup of coffee before I annoy my neighbors all day. You know my favorites ones? Memba them? :) :rolleyes:

Got the smoker ready. Were all ready for some real ribs for a change.
I'll be taking my sweet time doing it to. ;)

Indeed I do. Get a fan, and help the aroma of those ribs waft toward the right direction. :angel:

So happy you had such a great visit "back home", CG! Fingers crossed for you too!

I'm kicking back after a loooonnng day and night of travel yesterday. DH went back to bed after picking up Beagle from the kennel this morning.

A word of caution about going through the Atlanta airport. My nose runs almost constantly, so I always have to have kleenex in my pockets. Apparently the airport people x-ray machine doesn't like kleenex. I got hauled out of line, felt up, and swabbed down. I did tell them they could have my used kleenex if they really wanted it. Thankfully the TSA workers had a good sense of humor.

I am so glad to hear that I am not alone with this stupid affliction of a constant running nose. :angel:

I am so glad to hear that I am not alone with this stupid affliction of a constant running nose. :angel:

I told the agents that they really wouldn't want to see me without my pockets full of kleenex. Thankfully, they realize how ridiculous the regulations they have to follow are. I'm always surprised at what might show up on airport body x-ray scans.

Last edited:
Enjoy your (probably) last day with the kids, CG. Sounds like a fun filled day!
We did have a great day, Chery! Today we have a bonus day. :heart: Goober is at Loverly's home, we're all together, and we'll be dining royally on...leftovers! Need to move this stuff out so it doesn't spoil; Loverly can start with fresh tomorrow.
So happy you had such a great visit "back home", CG!...
Thanks, Dawg. As always, it's been much too short.
Safe trip back to MA, CG.
Thanks, Andy. It appears we'll be bringing the heat with us. Sorry.

Good highway spirits be with you again on your way home, CG. Glad to hear your last day (for now) is your family all together. Maybe we'll be hearing about definite plans to move soon!

Dawg, I haven't flown since 2001 - I'm sure I'd be very surprised at the regulations over the past decade and a half. :ohmy:

Munky...were your neighbors sufficiently annoyed with you having the nerve to smoke some ribs? :ermm: I can't imagine that. Sheesh....

MadCook, sorry to hear of your paper hanging problems. I hope tomorrow goes better.

I had a busy day today. It's Tyler's 6th birthday this weekend and he's having a party at the park. I went to town to get him his bday gifts and have been checking in with daughter about what I can bring as far as goodies, drinks, etc. Also went grocery shopping, did laundry, and some house cleaning. Relax time.

Last edited:
Oh, Cheryl, you would not believe it...and we fly all the time!

Happy birthday to "our" dear Tyler! He's a big boy now!

Back
Top Bottom