What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you have done a superb job on the old lamp...bet it looks brilliant!

I find garage sales exciting, trying to find a really good bargain or 2!

My mum is also addicted to them, she goes out every weekend come rain or shine :)
The lamp does look really nice..(okay--that is my opinion, it was really ugly in pink). I am too cheap. I can't buy something new if I can recycle/re-purpose something I have on hand.
I'm bad that way. didn't take a before pic--but it was pink and the shade was pink. I'll probably go and get a white shade for it, but it is way too hot to go shopping.

Attachments

• lamp 002.jpg
    lamp 002.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
That looks fabulous CWS...it really does!

I love the shade of blue you have chosen and the effect you have done on the base...well done ;)

Just wanted to show off the " Princess Castle play tent that I made for my granddaughters for Christmas. Finally got to see them as they were all sick with Norovirus over the holidays.

image-2685437216.jpg

In our basement

image-4160731716.jpg

In the girl's playroom being loved!

image-945414592.jpg

image-950345893.jpg

Just wanted to show off the " Princess Castle play tent that I made for my granddaughters for Christmas. Finally got to see them as they were all sick with Norovirus over the holidays.
Very cool and good job. Did you have a pattern or did you just make it up yourself?

Thanks Taxlady, I looked at a tutorial online , I used her method for figuring out how to do the top, the rest I just "winged" by looking at pictures of store bought ones, the tutorial featured a nice but very simple tent , I wanted this one to be a little more "snazzy" ;)

Thanks Taxlady, I looked at a tutorial online , I used her method for figuring out how to do the top, the rest I just "winged" by looking at pictures of store bought ones, the tutorial featured a nice but very simple tent , I wanted this one to be a little more "snazzy" ;)
Well, you certainly got snazzy. ;) Very creative.

DD and I are hoping that it will grow with them and become a "reading nook" the pockets are great for tucking books into. Thanks so much for the praise. :)

That is a wonderful play castle. Good job! I wish I had that when I was little! Who am I kidding, that would be perfect for now...:)

not really making any thing. just getting supplies together so i can paint a book case. then some of teddie collection will have a new colorful home. covering a bench cushion soon. i made a bad choice and just need to cover it up

I've been piddling around, making a few accessory pillows. One I'm quite proud of:

I had bought a set of sheets because I liked the fabric and for $12 I got a lot of it.

I had made a set of cafe curtains, and decided not to use them because I like to keep plants on the sill and didn't want to have to move them.

I also had rolled a pillow and pinned it as a back support. The already hemmed cafe curtain was just the right width for a bolster, so I sewed a piece to fit, and used the hems to thread some elastic through, tied them tight around the ends of the pillow and tucked the ends inside. It looks very professional and works like a charm to support my back when I sit in that chair.

Wow, I can't believe nobody has posted to this thread in over 3 years. Did we all stop crafting?

I've done a few things, just never posted pics I guess. Did this Dimensions Blow Bubbles Cross Stitch Kit 6987 - 123Stitch.com for a GDD. She loves dolpins and was having a bit of a difficult time (had just turned 13).

Did this https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/192263467/ponies-are-for-wimps-cross-stitch for the other one. Changed the hair color to brown and the flowers to blue (her favorite color). Obviously, she's a tomboy and tackles everything at full throttle.

I just finished this for the DD, who is a SuperWhoLok fan (Supernatural, Dr. Who, and Loki for those not in the "know"). When I was discussing with GD what she wanted to cross stitch for her mom, she rattled that off and I was like whhaatt? GD chose to do an Egyptian themed one for her mom, has Bastet and lotus flowers on it, but she's still working on hers. I charted them both.

ACWiM6qkgI4kaHate-Xc_jyoTL8_yFaQPqDQy12Na87mXICowzimNL4TM-aVBWdnaRF5O7UC6oS6YdGH8df08_Y~

I'm also working on a petit point project for a dollhouse (if I ever get around to getting it made), a Herez rug. Heriz - $45.00 : Frances Peterson Petitpoint, Miniature Petitpoint Patterns for Dollhouses It's really slow going given the 42 stitches per square inch and the fact that I can tell my eyes are getting older as I can't stitch that small for very long.

reposting my pic as apparently it cannot be seen by some. Oh and the design from left to right is Loki, The Silence (Dr. Who, and one of DD's favs), a devil's trap ) Supernatural, Dr. Who's TARDIS, and obviously Sherlock's classic silhouette.

37240-albums1048-picture6569.jpg

reposting my pic as apparently it cannot be seen by some. Oh and the design from left to right is Loki, The Silence (Dr. Who, and one of DD's favs), a devil's trap ) Supernatural, Dr. Who's TARDIS, and obviously Sherlock's classic silhouette.

37240-albums1048-picture6569.jpg

No Munky, There are still some of us with needles or crochet hooks in hand.

Gee medtran, I have always wanted to learn counted cross stitch. But instead I am always busy working on items for my daughter's home. She keeps finding patterns she likes or tells me what she is looking for in the stamped embroidery department. I have to keep her out of the A.C. Moore store. I am happy that she appreciates my work, but give me a break daughter!

She has a very large dining room table. I have in the past made her two tablecloths with 10 matching napkins. One was for Christmas that was a coverall and the other was a very complicated wide edge one that was done entirely in French Knots. Right now I am working on scarf for her dresser with matching small ones for the lamps.

I have only taken pictures of one item I ever did. It took me over a year to finish. It was an item from Dimensions of a Victorian house with all the shadows. In the front of the house was a blank sign. I assumed it was for the date made. But I had just lost my sister and made the sign to read, "Lorrie's B&B. :angel:

I haven't done printed embroidery, cross stitch in years. Last thing I probably did was a red tablecloth with poinsettas and matching napkins. It was a tablecloth for a table big enough for 8, maybe 10. It was for my mother. She gave it back to me before she passed. Don't know what I'll do with it as I don't have a table that big and neither does DD, besides that not really being her taste. Don't want to throw it away after all the time put into it though so I guess I'll keep it for now.

If you can cross stitch, you can do counted, it's just a little more involved since you have to go back and forth between the pattern and your fabric, and do the counting.

The petit point takes forever to do. I think I spent about a year and a-half on my Cluny tapestry reproduction. I have a feeling the Heriz rug I'm working on will take that long if not longer, as one of the reasons I got the Cluny finished was when I had to have emergency surgery and spent several days in the hospital beforehand, then after and a couple of weeks recuperating before I was allowed to go back to work. I worked on the petit point a lot during that time. I worked on the rug last night for about an hour and a-half and maybe got 1/2 sq inch done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom