What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, back on track. 42° and dark here along Ol' Man River. And I just found out I sat on my glasses. Not a good thing.

Last edited:
Addie said:
That is why I wear mine on top of my head. Nothing up there to harm them. :chef:

Say something about the weather, Addie.

My glasses turned out OK, just a bit mushed up. Nothing broken.

Say something about the weather, Addie.

My glasses turned out OK, just a bit mushed up. Nothing broken.

I just turned the weather on. A lot of towns near us are in the single digits. We are in the low 20's. I live just a block from the Atlantic. So I know if it is cold here, the surrounding areas are much colder. I hate winter. Not looking forward to snow at all. Not even for a dusting on Christmas Eve,

I get around on my scooter. Now I will have to park it for the winter. Too cold for the gel battery. :(

This is about weather last night, but thought you'd like to know. Many of you have followed my trials and tribulations with the doggie I adopted this past year. It has turned out to be a true success story. When we got her, in March, she seemed to like cold weather. An oddity to us, because our previous dogs hated cold weather. Well, last night we had our first really "pretty" snow. You know, the kind that makes you want to turn in to a Christmas card. She woke me up, and just played and played in the snow. I got her back to bed at around 2 a.m., and she woke up an hour later and wanted to play and play some more. Just seeing the joy she took in the big snowflakes and fluffy stuff on the ground made me happy. Of course it is all nasty and messy and ugly now. But watching my doggie, even 'though I was a bit pissed at her for waking me up, have such a joyful reaction to the very pretty snow ... well, worth the loss of sleep!

That is so cool, Claire! It's so great when you can make your pet happy like that! Little Dinky was sleeping on my arm while I was watching TV, and after my show, I sat there with him for another half hour just because he was sleeping so soundly. I hated to wake him. Plus, he's so warm and fluffy, it feels pretty good just to hold him and feel his purring.

That is so cool, Claire! It's so great when you can make your pet happy like that! Little Dinky was sleeping on my arm while I was watching TV, and after my show, I sat there with him for another half hour just because he was sleeping so soundly. I hated to wake him. Plus, he's so warm and fluffy, it feels pretty good just to hold him and feel his purring.

I'm envious, Timothy. No purring from my two cats. But they're happy. Honest!

Quite cool down here this morning - 61F. Will be in the high 70's this afternoon. Ahhh.

I'm envious, Timothy. No purring from my two cats. But they're happy. Honest!

Quite cool down here this morning - 61F. Will be in the high 70's this afternoon. Ahhh.

Dinky didn't know how to purr for the first 7 years of his life. Then, he started one day. Now he purrs like a mountian lion. It's very comforting when I'm holding him on my chest. It makes me feel good. Plus, his little belly is so soft and warm. It feels like having a heating pad on me. I love taking a nap in the recliner with him. So does he! I can hardly get sat down in it before he's up there wanting some cuddling.

Dinky didn't know how to purr for the first 7 years of his life. Then, he started one day. Now he purrs like a mountian lion. It's very comforting when I'm holding him on my chest. It makes me feel good. Plus, his little belly is so soft and warm. It feels like having a heating pad on me. I love taking a nap in the recliner with him. So does he! I can hardly get sat down in it before he's up there wanting some cuddling.

My guys are only 4, so I guess there's hope. Thanks, Timothy. Dinky's one lucky cat.:cat:

My guys are only 4, so I guess there's hope. Thanks, Timothy. Dinky's one lucky cat.:cat:
Thanks, tinlizzie! He had a very rough start to his life. The shelter said when they came to unlock and open the place one day, Dinky came staggering out of the treeline, almost starved and terrified of anything that moved. When I first saw him, he was in a cage in the front room of the shelter, standing on his toes, hissing at everything with his hair standing straight up. He looked like a grey cottonball with legs. I fell in love with him in about two seconds. That was 14 years ago. Wow!:cat::wub::heart::wub::in_love:

Love the pet stories! All sorts of digressing and fun going on in the weather thread, Babe!

42° here now, and getting dark. Temp was up and down today, but still unseasonably warm along the Mighty Mississip.

Our day started out 21ºF. Got up to 41ºF. Wednesday will be in the 50's. No white Christmas for us this year. And I am not complaining. We seem to be setting all kinds of records for temps in the high numbers. :chef:

Widely scattered light today, followed by darkness, with a high of 55F, low 50's expected tonight. No wind.

Nice...windows open, fans on, pulling nice fresh air into the house.

Yesterday at this time our temps were in the single digits and the teens. This morning it is in the 40's and by Thrusday they are taling the 50's. Gotta luv New England weather. Hey folks, it winter time! :ermm:

thought i was in the wrong thread. weather, right? anyway is the same, gloom, cold , though not much wind. wish i had a fireplace.

You know those fake fireplaces they are offering these days? I look at those longingly - how nice that would be in my living room - for those 2 weeks or so a year. But I'd have to chuck the loveseat (already not room for a full sofa) and sit in the floor. Hmmm. Wonder if I could convert it to a "water feature" for the rest of the year. :LOL:

It's 56F this morning, heading for the low 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom