What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It started off sunny, but now it's clouding over and threatening to rain, and the wind is attempting to tear my Sunsetter awning off my house.

It was a beautiful day in SE South Dakota. There was a high of 45F today. The sunshine was therapeutic. It's 26F now & very still outside.

We have the same weather. Currently 29° and dark here too! No snow.

Last edited:
Had the most fun last night. WE had our first "real" snow of the season. Trust me, this made me happy. I usually throw my big party the first Sunday in December, and in the past few years there have been blizzards or ice storms (never seemed to stop any one). This year is was relatively dry and warm, no one had to be ice-skating down the 22 steps to the street, no one fell into a snow-bank. I didn't miss it at all party night. But last night we got an inch or so of pretty snow. We got my rescue doggie just before the last of the snow last year, and it seemed like she liked it. She woke me up wanting to go outside at something like 3 a.m. I didn't know it had snowed (it wasn't really predicted), and she went ballistic, frolicking and snapping at snowflakes. Went back to sleep, but then woke me up every hour, wanting to go outside and play. It was fun to watch her (in the warmth of my kitchen!). It is now almost melted and the romance is gone, but she was lovely, jumping, prancing and having fun in the new-fallen snow!

Fresh snow on the ground makes everything look clean and pretty. Its hovering around 1C and is bright and clear today.

Fresh snow on the ground makes everything look clean and pretty. Its hovering around 1C and is bright and clear today.

yes, doesn't it though? there's something cleansing and uplifting about new-fallen snow--in small amounts.:) when the snow begins piling up high and deep it can become suffocating, and stops being fun (for me) anyway....:)

I still love the memory of the morning we woke up and the snow had fallen so long that three foot of snow was on top of everything. No wind, perfect. Seeing fence posts with at least 15 inches of snow and cars with 3" of snow...it was fantastic. The only engines running were snow plows and the city bus. We went for a ride around town on the bus.

I still love the memory of the morning we woke up and the snow had fallen so long that three foot of snow was on top of everything. No wind, perfect. Seeing fence posts with at least 15 inches of snow and cars with 3" of snow...it was fantastic. The only engines running were snow plows and the city bus. We went for a ride around town on the bus.

i have fond memories of such snowfalls too, pf--they are precious and perfect.:) trouble is, now i'm the one who has to dig out, to get stuck, to get places, to call the guy--not fun no more! :(

i have fond memories of such snowfalls too, pf--they are precious and perfect.:) trouble is, now i'm the one who has to dig out, to get stuck, to get places, to call the guy--not fun no more! :(

It took me close to a week to dig the car out.:LOL: Good thing I was on Christmas Break at the time, Shrek had a hard time getting to work, he had to use my bus pass to get back and forth. That was also the time when the car wouldn't start, as soon as I had it dug out (I wasn't in any hurry) I found Shrek had been trying to start it in Drive. Started right up for me, he could have been driving the whole time, but i took his word for it not starting. Now I check it myself.:ROFLMAO:

It took me close to a week to dig the car out.:LOL: Good thing I was on Christmas Break at the time, Shrek had a hard time getting to work, he had to use my bus pass to get back and forth. That was also the time when the car wouldn't start, as soon as I had it dug out (I wasn't in any hurry) I found Shrek had been trying to start it in Drive. Started right up for me, he could have been driving the whole time, but i took his word for it not starting. Now I check it myself.:ROFLMAO:

we all know that your shreck is a dear prize in plenty of other ways...:) but, pf, didn't you know this about him already? enough to know to personally try to start the car yourself, behind him?:) just to be sure?:)

we all know that your shreck is a dear prize in plenty of other ways...:) but, pf, didn't you know this about him already? enough to know to personally try to start the car yourself, behind him?:) just to be sure?:)

LOL!!! This was close to 18 years ago...gosh how time is flying!:ermm:

DH and I went for a nice long walk in 50°, while listening to his newly applied Slacker radio app on his iPhone. I left the axe at home.

Couldn't believe so few folks were out enjoying the weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom