What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was all cold and frosty this morning :ohmy: My poor little seedlings were shivering .. but it's not bad right now .. finally hit 57 and sunny.

Actually, there was no "getting used to" when we moved here. Himself did his magic on the computer and found all kinds of charts and graphs for weather in the OH and MA locations. Weather was very similar, like within a degree up or down and an inch or two in rain or snowfall. The only difference is we don't get anywhere near as many below zero or below -10 days here as we did back in OH. The trade-off comes in summer - OH isn't as humid in the summer.

You do have to remember Mass. is on the coast and when the breezes are coming in off the ocean, it is bringing the humidity with it. :angel:

Addie we aren't close to the coast. Probably a good 50 miles in any direction to hit sand. Lived 20 miles from Lake Erie with winds blowing across it from MI or Canada and I have as much humidity at our home here in the sticks as I had when I worked downtown and had a view of the lake all the way from my busstop to the office door. Was a real bear waiting for the bus in the winter too - miniskirts were in style and our office wasn't allowing women to wear pantsuits yet. :ohmy:

Weather is...weather. Ain't much you can do about it but complain, right? ;)

Addie we aren't close to the coast. Probably a good 50 miles in any direction to hit sand. Lived 20 miles from Lake Erie with winds blowing across it from MI or Canada and I have as much humidity at our home here in the sticks as I had when I worked downtown and had a view of the lake all the way from my busstop to the office door. Was a real bear waiting for the bus in the winter too - miniskirts were in style and our office wasn't allowing women to wear pantsuits yet. :ohmy:

Lake Erie in the winter? My sympathies. :angel:

Back 1969 I worked in one of those offices. Remember the pantsuits with the tunic tops? I wore one of those one day. When I was reminded that women weren't allowed to wear trousers in the office, I took off the trousers and just used the tunic top as a very short mini-dress. The boss changed the dress code that day. ;)

Back 1969 I worked in one of those offices. Remember the pantsuits with the tunic tops? I wore one of those one day. When I was reminded that women weren't allowed to wear trousers in the office, I took off the trousers and just used the tunic top as a very short mini-dress. The boss changed the dress code that day. ;)

Smart employee, smarter boss! :angel:

Who knew you were so feisty TL? :LOL:

I love it!
:ROFLMAO:

Last night pats of town got 10" of rain. Alot ofpeople complaining today about water in their basements. It was raining again this morning, then the sun came out & we got up to 74F in SE S.D.

Laurie!??!?:ohmy: How are ya girlfriend?

Oh, you aren't Laurie. She did the same thing with taking off the bottoms of her pantsuit. Unfortunately, our boss was a woman.

Within a year the boss lady said she would decide if we could wear pantsuits or not after everyone gave their reason for or against. The day of her decision she showed up late - very unlike her. Until we saw her show up in a pantsuit! She surprised everyone with that move! :LOL:

And as I sit here at way-too-late-o'clock the rain begins... Cleaning our atmosphere before the heat wave moves in. :glare:

I am still getting used to completely different weather than what I have experienced for the last 61 years. Current weather conditions are dry and windy, accounting for the red flag warning and fire weather watch. I'm thinking I will never again see a severe thunderstorm watch or warning. Northern New Mexico has had almost no rain this Spring.

87°F, and due to all the rain, the buffalo gnats are hideous! Clouds and clouds of them. The Absorbine Jr works for about 30 minutes, then need to reapply.

We are getting strobe lighting lightning and thunder booomers good enough to knock your sox off. LOVIN' it! Just so long as there isn't any damage or a power outage I can enjoy this stuff. Unfortunately, a lot of natives get frightened and wonder if the world is ending. A few years ago I (from OH) and my neighbor two doors up (MA native but had lived in IL and FL) were out as the storm was rolling in. Our friend between us (MA native) came out scared to death that the world was ending. We told her it was OK and if there wasn't any lightning she should stay out with us to dance in the rain! :LOL:

No dancing tonight! I don't want to glow in the dark.

We are getting some heavy duty thunderheads rolling in our way. The thunder is a continuous roll with no breaks and the sky looks like daylight. My house is all lit up. I am going to have to shut the computer and TV off very shortly. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom