What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Carol, we're on our last day of relatively moderate temps, then down into the teens during the day/single digits until the weekend. Thinking this week will be seeing lots of soupl!

tinlizzy, ALL those things make me crabby. Since I'm naturally crabby I don't need my personality disorder enhanced! :LOL:

Same here...I really don't need the assist.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Similar here. We've had a bit of snow and now it's getting cold again: -16°C. It's going to be real January weather for a while.

A nice 36°F, but it started snowing now, and we're supposed to get to -5 tomorrow, with below zero wind chill. Lovely.

It was 42°F just a bit ago when I was out. I'm sorry for all the bitter cold folks that who don't want it are getting. I wish I could drag it here where we are equipped, ready and willing to have it.

The fire season next summer is going to be horrible, again.

Well, Cape Cod, that wonderful vacation spot for the rest of America, is under Blizzard Warning. We are supposed to get 6" to 12" snow. No biggie. :angel:

:LOL: That same rant would work south of our shared border too taxy! I swear people have become weather wimps. I remember going skiing when the temps were in the teens and the snow was flying thick and fast. Mom would say "how can you go out, it's cold and snowing?" "Um, Mom? I can't snow ski when it's 65 outside!" :huh: Now I hide in the house when it's in the teens. Then again, I'm old. But I have to go out tomorrow when it's in the teens thanks to our finely-tuned program known as Health Care. (See "venting" thread...)

When I used to skydive the coldest temp I ever jumped in was 14F. And skiing I don't remember, but it was cold on that lift. I think looking forward to the excitement keeps are minds off the temps and then adrenaline takes over.

11F here right now. We're supposed to be getting into another cold spell. It doesn't feel too bad outside though. No wind right now.

Give up. When we were engaged Himself said he would like to retire to FL. I handed the ring to him and told him to find someone else because I would never move to FL full-time. And we had the 2-house thing when we were restoring my parents' home - don't want the responsibility of two residences. We'll celebrate our 40th anniversary later this year. As long as we're still married. I'm still not moving to FL. I told him today that if he still wants to move to FL we can get divorced and split everything right down the middle. He can go to FL and I'll move back to OH. He never answered. Maybe he's thinking this over???:ermm:

We lived in Florida for a year and a half and only left because the work situation was so bad that we just needed to leave. We were working for my father-in-law's company, but he was hands-off. He had a managing partner who was the worst human being I've ever known and we couldn't work with him any more. The funny thing is we now own my father-in-law's part of the company and we have a majority stake in the building it sits in. :LOL:

I was telling her last night that words can't explain, and I don't understand, why I love Florida so much. It's this weird, wacky, crazy, hot kind of place that I find so inspiring and magical it's ridiculous. It truly is impossible to explain what it is about that state. I know it sounds nuts, and I honestly think I'm crazy for liking it so much, but I do.

Oh, and I'm freezing my butt off now.

Sunny and very bright. -21°C (-6°F) feels like -30°C (-22°F). Going to go up all the way to -20°C today. My MIL lives in Cornwall Ontario, only 100 km from here and it's -28°C (-18°F). That's 100 km closer to CWS and Roch.

Pretty cold for here. Quite windy and the "feels like" is at 15F. We had a few flurries earlier but now it is snowing quite earnestly. Brought the brass monkey in weeks ago and the witch now has a thermal bra on as well as a heavy jacket. Today's going to be our warm day. Things are predicted to go downhill from here through Saturday.

Today's my weekly marketing day and I'm not looking forward to suiting up like an astronaut to do it. One thing's for certain, I'm going to put my long hair up today. Otherwise, with this wind, it would take me a week to brush all the tangles out.

Wonder when the next flight to Belize is?:rolleyes:

I thought I was going mad. My apartment kept feeling cold. (I am old. It always feels cold!) So I would just tap the thermostat and sure enough it would kick on. Ten minutes later, cold again. I looked at the thermometer in my apartment, and it was down five degrees. No wonder I was feeling cold. So I boosted up the heater. Warm again. Not for long. I finally take a look at the temperature outside. Down from 35ºF to 14ºF. No wonder I am going mad! I have no idea how cold it is supposed to get today. But every time it drops outside, so does it inside.

The sky is grey and dreary. Very cold looking outside. The kind that gets into your bones and stays there forever. I am ready for spring. :angel:

-2 right now ... between our last hyper cold spell and this one I can't wait for my heating bill next month :neutral:

Pretty cold for here. Quite windy and the "feels like" is at 15F. We had a few flurries earlier but now it is snowing quite earnestly. Brought the brass monkey in weeks ago and the witch now has a thermal bra on as well as a heavy jacket. Today's going to be our warm day. Things are predicted to go downhill from here through Saturday.

Today's my weekly marketing day and I'm not looking forward to suiting up like an astronaut to do it. One thing's for certain, I'm going to put my long hair up today. Otherwise, with this wind, it would take me a week to brush all the tangles out.

Wonder when the next flight to Belize is?:rolleyes:

Here. Perhaps this will help.

Please send us nice postcards!

KAYAK - Cheap Flights - Deals on Airline Tickets - Airfare - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites

With love,
~Cat

I thought I was going mad. My apartment kept feeling cold. (I am old. It always feels cold!) So I would just tap the thermostat and sure enough it would kick on. Ten minutes later, cold again. I looked at the thermometer in my apartment, and it was down five degrees. No wonder I was feeling cold. So I boosted up the heater. Warm again. Not for long. I finally take a look at the temperature outside. Down from 35ºF to 14ºF. No wonder I am going mad! I have no idea how cold it is supposed to get today. But every time it drops outside, so does it inside.

The sky is grey and dreary. Very cold looking outside. The kind that gets into your bones and stays there forever. I am ready for spring. :angel:

Mamma is ready for spring also! Do you have one of those electric heated blankets? Perhaps that may help, yes? I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable.

With love,
~Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom