What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started raining about five minutes ago. Wait, those are icy snowflakes mixed in. :huh: Is that the sun coming out, too? :ermm: Seriously? Yup, all three of those weather events were taking place at the same time! :wacko: Oh, and our current temperature is 52. :LOL: Mother Nature has been drinking...

It's warm amd the sun is shining and I am thoroughly disappointed. They promised us El Nino, but they didin't say he'd be wearing a huge, very absorbent diaper.

LOL, Sir Loin, isn't that the truth. :LOL: The Sierras have been getting some pretty good snow, though.

81F here now, beautiful sunny day.

Started raining about five minutes ago. Wait, those are icy snowflakes mixed in. :huh: Is that the sun coming out, too? :ermm: Seriously? Yup, all three of those weather events were taking place at the same time! :wacko: Oh, and our current temperature is 52. :LOL: Mother Nature has been drinking...

Or her hormones have run amok! :angel:

Yeah, weather was all over the place yesterday here too. First it was a lovely Spring day, then rain, freezing rain, fog, and finally snow. Some folks heard thunder. There was about an inch of snow, which is almost all gone now. Of course, a lot of snow from earlier this winter is still around.

Currently 5°C (41°F)

This is what it says about our upcoming weather:
Montréal Island area

Issued at 15:02 Friday 01 April 2016
This is not an April fool's joke! An Arctic air mass will once again affect Quebec as of Sunday. Temperatures well below seasonal values are expected over Western, Central and Eastern Quebec. Nights will be particularly chilly with temperatures expected to be 10 to 15 degrees Celsius below normal. This cold will continue into early next week.
The expected high for Sunday is -5°C (23°F) :ohmy:

Yesterday we had wind gusts that were not to be believed. I was at the hospital waiting for my ride. I was in a semi protected area. A man was sitting on the bench outside the pharmacy. The gust of wind came that blew him right off the bench. That area is a haven for bad winds. So yesterday's winds were just enhanced in that area. :angel:

Our weekend forecast has everything being thrown at us. From high winds, high surf, temperatures dropping enough to give us snow also. The only thing missing is a hurricane. I will be staying in all day tomorrow. But Spike still has to take Teddy out three times a day for at least an hour each time. He had him out in that horrific wind. A couple of times he had to pick him up so he wouldn't get blown around and hurt.

Right now it is 64ºF. It is hard to believe what is coming. Here's hoping that the weathermen are wrong again, as usual. :angel:

Windy! Dang, it was windy, and chilly, in the low 40's, here along the river. Beagle and I raced each other to get back inside!

Last edited:
:wacko: Well, we woke up to snow this morning. And it is April 3rd. There is supposed to be sunshine tomorrow.

So, snowy, windy and wet with temperature at 32ºF. Oh well, this is New England. No surprises. :angel:

Last edited:
Ya know, Addie, people in other parts of the country know to not be surprised by changeable weather, too. :rolleyes:

Last night, our son posted great photos of blizzard-like snow blowing past the street lights. I told him to keep that snow on his side of the Adirondack Mountains. Apparently he did not listen. (No surprise! :LOL: ) Woke up to six inches of snow today. A lot had melted from the sun by the time I thought to take the photo I posted over in our Random Photo thread.

It was May 1st, my brother-in-law's birthday. My sister and I were already downstairs getting breakfast ready. Lou came down to the kitchen and opened the back door to see what the weather was like.

Happy Birthday Lou. Here's a present for you. A full blown blizzard. He did work outside. An unexpected day off for him. We got quite a few inches that day. :angel:

Wow, Dawg - is 82F nearing a record there for this time of year? :ohmy:

It's 83F here now, a little cloud cover and a breeze just moved in. I've been outside most of the day - very nice.

Not a record, Cheryl, though it was very warm! I figured we were close to your temps! Mother Nature is a cruel mistress, though. It's to get down to low to mid 40's tomorrow.

A dark, raw, cold, day with bursts of fresh snow every half hour or so!

Making a pot of soup inspired by Steve's "Hungarian Goulash Soup".

It started with a leftover sirloin pork chop and some sauerkraut that had been cooked low and slow for a couple of hours. I added carrot, onion, celery, caraway seed, paprika, stock left from cooking lentils, chicken stock, the dregs of a ketchup bottle swished clean with some apple cider vinegar and simmered for half an hour until the vegetables were tender. :yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom