What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We made it to 90 for about a minute yesterday. UCK. Would happen on the day I had to wash and dry towels.

So far it's 72 and sunny here today. About 3am I was sleeping so good, and the BOTTOM fell out. Thought we were going to have another leak in the kitchen, but we didn't. Never did get back to sleep, thought.
Same weather here yesterday, ha ha! I *almost* turned on the a/c but I restrained myself. 73 here right now. A perfect day for gardening and visiting a local herb sale later.

Gorgeous on the bay... Good thing too as we are stripping the kitchen cabinets and drawers for spring cleaning.. Windows will have to wait until next weekend.. I'm too old for this... :wacko:

Today is raw. No misty rain. But the wind is blowing out there. So glad I don't have to make a store run. It is the wind that gets me. I have to cover the console on my scooter when I go out in the rain. It is electric. Rain water and electricity do not mix very well.

Last night when Teddy showed up, he was soaking wet. But I still let him up on my bed. put my cover over him after I dried him off with a towel. Yesterday was so cold and miserable. He was much drier when he showed up this morning.

Same weather here yesterday, ha ha! I *almost* turned on the a/c but I restrained myself. 73 here right now. A perfect day for gardening and visiting a local herb sale later.

What a difference 24 hours can make. 56 and cloudy, damp, and icky.

Did you get your gardening and herb sale visiting done yesterday?

What a difference 24 hours can make. 56 and cloudy, damp, and icky.

Did you get your gardening and herb sale visiting done yesterday?

Yeah, they weren't kidding about that cold front - it's pretty crummy out there today. Although the new plants are loving it! I got my marigolds in the ground, seed potatoes cut and drying for planting soon and another bed weeded. Then we went grocery shopping and ran out of time for the herb sale. I ran out of energy, too. After spending some time cleaning up the house, I didn't want to go walk around the grounds where the sale is held. Rested on the porch watching the neighbors dig their new garden beds instead [emoji38]

I'll get herbs at our master gardener sale in a couple of weeks. I have to be there because I'm giving a presentation on herbs! [emoji38]

Last edited:
Its finally nice enough to get out and do some work. I need to get a fence up around my new chicken coop. The coop its self needs work. I need to work on my camper. I have to get the garden in. And yet here I sit on the couch wasteing the morning. Better get off my butt and do something.

We have had clear skies, rain, hail, snow, strong winds, dead calm, heavy rain on one side of the house and snow on the other and yes it been both cold and warm too today.

I woke up and there high in the sky was Mr. Sun. And then I looked at the weather report and it said 54ºF. Can't ask for a better day. I need to get out and run around on my scooter after these past two miserable rainy, misty, windy, cold, bone chilling days.

We had a bright, sunny day, too, Addie. Beautiful, wasn't it? The outside temps were pushing 70...and THIS is the day I decide to bake and make a ham for supper. :wacko: A wee bit warm in here...

Right now I'm looking a the most glorious of evening skies. *sigh*

Glad to hear it's nice 70ish weather there in the northeast area, and you weren't bombarded with a huge snowstorm this winter, unlike the past couple of winters!

It was 92 here today, sunny but very windy....and soon the triple digits will be upon us. :ermm::ohmy:

Last edited:
Yeah, they weren't kidding about that cold front - it's pretty crummy out there today. Although the new plants are loving it! I got my marigolds in the ground, seed potatoes cut and drying for planting soon and another bed weeded. Then we went grocery shopping and ran out of time for the herb sale. I ran out of energy, too. After spending some time cleaning up the house, I didn't want to go walk around the grounds where the sale is held. Rested on the porch watching the neighbors dig their new garden beds instead [emoji38]

I'll get herbs at our master gardener sale in a couple of weeks. I have to be there because I'm giving a presentation on herbs! [emoji38]

We had to turn the heat on yesterday AM, and have kept it on ever since. Think it's worse out there today than yesterday. Went out to get the paper this AM and had to change my clothes because it was that light, misty type rain that you can't see until you're out in it.

You're a master gardener? That sounds like a long-time goal to work towards. Is your presentation on any particular type of herbs or just herbs in general? I'd like to see the presentation but don't think I'd drive all the way up to VA for it.

I woke up and there high in the sky was Mr. Sun. And then I looked at the weather report and it said 54ºF. Can't ask for a better day. I need to get out and run around on my scooter after these past two miserable rainy, misty, windy, cold, bone chilling days.

Your temperature was about like ours was yesterday, Addie, but we didn't have any sun and we had the damp, icky, misty type of rain that you can't see. Hope you enjoyed your day out.

Weird!!

The radio said it would be unseasonably cold with snow even in low-lying areas. So I got well wrapped up in several layers of wool and feather padding to go to the stables. Spent the morning throwing off said layers because it was sunny and extremely warm.

:huh:

We had a bright, sunny day, too, Addie. Beautiful, wasn't it? The outside temps were pushing 70...and THIS is the day I decide to bake and make a ham for supper. :wacko: A wee bit warm in here...

Right now I'm looking a the most glorious of evening skies. *sigh*

Today is even better than yesterday.

Yesterday when I saw the sun, I went downstairs, stood outside and started singing, I Feel Pretty from My Fair Lady.

When New England gets rain and cold winds together, it can be such a huge downer. Specially in the Springtime.

Weird!!

The radio said it would be unseasonably cold with snow even in low-lying areas. So I got well wrapped up in several layers of wool and feather padding to go to the stables. Spent the morning throwing off said layers because it was sunny and extremely warm.

:huh:

That happened to me quite awhile ago, lol. Taking horses to their paddocks, took my coat and threw it over a horse, let one horse into his paddock, let the second one into the paddock and watched him gallop around, dump my coat in the only mucky place and then trot over it!
My stable girl was laughing so hard she couldn't answer the phone when it rang. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom