What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to be hotter tomorrow, I want to get started earlier. We could have used an Igloo Water Cooler today. Think I'll pick up ice on my way over to the garden in the morning.

It's 68, overcast and drizzly and I'm *freezing*! [emoji38]

No naked gardening at my house, either :ohmy: Besides, I'll be spending much of the day with master gardener stuff. It's our semi-annual open garden and plant sale and I'm giving a talk on growing and cooking with fresh herbs. Shoot, that reminds me - I need to stop by the store and pick up a few things for snacks for the demo.

I know what you're talking about, GG. I had the hardest time getting warm after that nasty storm front moved through yesterday. Ended up drinking some hot tea in between my bottles of water, and actually had 3 cups of coffee. Hope your Master Gardening stuff goes well.

As I've mentioned, I'm on a hill... but the driveway courtyard is an inch deep in water.

I texted a friend "screaming" 'Run, run for your life! Hide, hide! There's a huge yellow thing in the sky trying to get thru the clouds! It's gonna get us!! AWKKK!'

As I've mentioned, I'm on a hill... but the driveway courtyard is an inch deep in water.

I texted a friend "screaming" 'Run, run for your life! Hide, hide! There's a huge yellow thing in the sky trying to get thru the clouds! It's gonna get us!! AWKKK!'

It must be contagious because we have the same orb in our sky. I am presently hiding under the bed.

MAN!
We've got 50 mph winds here today, and a 50% chance of rain tonight with the temps dropping back down to the 40's tonight and 30's tomorrow
GEEZ! :mellow: What happened? It has been gorgeous, hitting 90, blue skies...
AAHHHH!
That's right, that's what the Spring is like in the Middle of the Desert, at the Gateway to the Grand Canyon :flowers:

I've been livin' my life in a slow hell
June gloom in May is a hard sell
I ain't seen the sunshine in three damn days

Nice edit. Great tune, though.

There are few more memorable moments in life than when things have gone bad, and your love says come back home.

Home.

Last edited:
Hope you were able to get your baby peas in the ground without playing in the mud, Princess. Although that is a funny visual - a princess in her fou fou gown and crown, digging in the mud.

Picture an Ogre playing in the mud while she plants peas, etc.:LOL:

Big yellow thing in sky scares me.

For some reason I have been teleported out of Southern California. I don't know where I am, but at 10:00 am it is 54 degrees and raining.

It's 2°C (36°F) with a frost warning for overnight. There were snow flurries in downtown Montreal earlier today. I have a friend who moved to Maryland to work for the Smithsonian. He's coming for a visit and wrote this on FaceBook, "Hey, Montréal, should I be packing chest waders or a winter coat?" The first three replies were, "Yes" :LOL:

Here's an aerial view that includes Mourelatos Supermarket, the one I posted the picture of earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR-dAdkwVvY

Bummer on the flooding, taxlady....Stay safe....

mid 40's and foggy on the Monterey Bay... Leaving for Missouri where its supposed to be 80's and, maybe raining when we land this afternoon...

Ross

Whew. I finally made it to the greenhouse to pick up some plants. I wondered why I was feeling hot while driving home, even with the A/C cranked. Then I looked at the thermometer at home, 90°F. No wonder I was hot, those greenhouses were probably 10 or 20° warmer than the outside temp!

Whew. I finally made it to the greenhouse to pick up some plants. I wondered why I was feeling hot while driving home, even with the A/C cranked. Then I looked at the thermometer at home, 90°F. No wonder I was hot, those greenhouses were probably 10 or 20° warmer than the outside temp!

Did you have your glasses on when you cranked that thermometer? ;) How do I know? I never tell on myself. :wacko:

Not my greenhouses, not their thermometer. It's a local greenhouse market where they sell plants.

Last edited:
Whew. I finally made it to the greenhouse...I was hot, those greenhouses were probably 10 or 20° warmer than the outside temp!
There is an exotic plants greenhouse a Sunday drive away from us. One Sunday after church we went to brunch, then Himself decided he wanted to go for a drive. I'm not a fan of "a drive", preferring to have a plan and destination when I leave home. We happened upon Logee's and decided to go in...in our church clothes...to a glass house...on a very sunny, very warm spring day. No shade anywhere. We didn't stick around long. :LOL:

I'm enjoying our "chilly" right now, a pleasant 54 degrees, since in a couple of days the thermostats will be pushing 90. :wacko: Tomorrow should be survivable at 71. Then 80, 87, 79... Ugh. Back to the 60s after that very short summer. :LOL:

Cool spell here. Had to put on a sweater when I went outside this morning, was down to the mid 50's. :D Enjoyed some super loud thunder this afternoon, but only about 10 minutes of rain. Supposed to get down to the 40's in the wee hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom