What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess, Princess, Princess... :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

Weather, huh? Yup, we've got some. Not July weather, though. More like April. should not be thinking about putting a sweatshirt on in July. However, after last week's mid- to upper-80s, I'm not complaining. A day or two in the upper 50's and low 60s, then it looks like it's a lot of 70 degree days after that. Perfect.

Ha, they went all around us and we never got a drop! Had to water the garden ourselves! :ROFLMAO: Good thing we have a well ;)

It's pretty hot out there again today.
View attachment 27340

:ermm: I guess it is a good thing to have a well. My grandmother's next door neighbor used to have one and all of the grand kids would go over there to get water to drink when we were playing outside during the summers.

It's 84 outside right now with a real feel of 88. Much better than it has been.

The house is also feeling cooler than it has been. So glad for that too!

:ermm: I guess it is a good thing to have a well. My grandmother's next door neighbor used to have one and all of the grand kids would go over there to get water to drink when we were playing outside during the summers.
We have a privacy fence in the backyard so I doubt the neighborhood kids know it's there [emoji2] Along with our two rain barrels, it sure saves on the cost of watering the garden.

How did you make it through the rain/storms yesterday afternoon and last night?

It's 79 here now, with a real feel of 79! No heat advisory here today, thank goodness.

I have a scooter and the console can't get wet. So I try to stay inside when it is raining. When that is not possible, I always have a plastic bag I can put over the console. And I just bundle myself up for the weather.

It's 82 with a real feel of 84 right now. So much better than what we've had in the past week or two. Don Slater (our weatherman from WAVY TV 10) said we have had 3 heat waves in the month of July - and I believe him!

Sunny 74 degrees with no humidity on Eastern Long Island today...my hips are rejoicing!

Cloudy and pleasant, today. For the first time in two weeks, our temps are not supposed to top 100. The forecast for the next week looks great. Temps are supposed to be about 15 to 20 degrees cooler than it has been (mostly in the 80s coming up; we've been 103 to 106 most days the past couple of weeks for highs); and there is a chance of rain a couple of days next week. We got some sprinkles of rain last night, with a heavy but brief shower north of us (about 10 miles). It's been a couple of months, now, since we've gotten any decent rain, and with the hot weather, things are pretty dry, here.

We got up to 100 this afternoon. It is down to 92 right now at 9:24pm.

The big thing right now is that Lake Lavon is at 96-percent, and the whole Trinity River Basin (chain of reservoirs on the Trinity River) is at 99-percent. That's pretty rare for this time in the year.

CD

It is 100.7 right now, officially. It reads 105 on my patio. It got up to 102, officially.

Walking across the vast concrete parking lot of my local Kroger, I'd bet it was at least 110. Those big, open parking lots are perfect heat islands.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom