What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting a break from summer this week. High temperatures are forecast in the 80s this week (it's 80 right now) and there is a chance of rain everyday. I took my clean car out today, and it rained. Not long, and not enough, but it got my car dirty, which is all that it meant to do. :mad:

CD

There are several terms to describe today's weather. Palmetto Pounder, Gator Gusher and Frog Flusher do so handily.:ROFLMAO: However, the middle part of the Everglades as you cross Alligator Alley was dry and hot with white clouds and blue sky. The Western end was scary black sky and the eastern end was getting there on my way home.:ohmy:

Life has been crazy. Inflated health insurance, we gave up our Cafe/ catering business, after 14 year's. Now we're sitting on a lot of restaurant equipment trying to sell it all. I'm working at a high end nursing home, in the Kitchen. Dh in an industrial kitchen in a senior citizen activity center.
I've gained weight back, but, I'm still swimming 5 x week. Now that our lives are getting back on a regular schedule I need to get more serious about eating healthier.
I've missed DC & looking forward to connecting back with you all, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Life has been crazy. Inflated health insurance, we gave up our Cafe/ catering business, after 14 year's. Now we're sitting on a lot of restaurant equipment trying to sell it all. I'm working at a high end nursing home, in the Kitchen. Dh in an industrial kitchen in a senior citizen activity center.
I've gained weight back, but, I'm still swimming 5 x week. Now that our lives are getting back on a regular schedule I need to get more serious about eating healthier.
I've missed DC & looking forward to connecting back with you all, I have a lot of catching up to do!

We do have quite a few new members. Did you gain all the weight back or just some of it?

Agreed! This week I'm working 5 am-1, my usual schedule is 6-2, this month. Still trying to get my protein in. I've tried a vegan protein powder that is a little more tolerable. Usually beef jerky and toast for breakfast. My dairy intolerance has unfortunately gotten worse ?

Agreed! This week I'm working 5 am-1, my usual schedule is 6-2, this month. Still trying to get my protein in. I've tried a vegan protein powder that is a little more tolerable. Usually beef jerky and toast for breakfast. My dairy intolerance has unfortunately gotten worse ?
Hi, simonbaker! Nice to see you [emoji2] How about eggs for breakfast? I make a dozen deviled eggs every week or so and have them with breakfast. Those and some fruit and cheese make a yummy meal.

Is it OK if I talk weather now? :LOL: Hi, simonbaker, welcome back!

We've had endless days of nice weather. Well, actually, it is ending. I cannot believe that Himself threw the towel in first and said we should put the air conditioning back on. I'm usually the first to cave in. With humidity and mid-80s back on Wednesday, though, it was just a matter of time before I threw the switch.

Thanks! Great to be back! Very much overcast here today. 80*. Cooler temps the next couple of days.

Great idea with the eggs G.G., unfortunately I only eat eggs about once a month when I know I'll have a couple days in a row off.?

Today was hot, hot, hot. The pasture thermometer read 114 in the sun. Officially I think it was between 100 and 106 depending on where you were. It was only 10 percent humidity, so that helped, but we aren't used to it in the PNW.

The next couple of days are supposed to be hotter. I'm only working half days this week.

Last edited:
You and me both, Vinylhanger.

It's been miserable today and tomorrow will be worse. And today we only got to 89°, I think. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 95. And I have to be running around tomorrow. Guess that will be first thing in the morning.

Last night we had a doozie of a thunder storm. It was like the thunder and lightning were right here in the room. Hail, high winds rain so heavy you couldn't see the street, flooding on Route 1.

Poor Teddy. I found him in the closet trying to claw his way outside to the hall. I grabbed him, wrapped him in a heavy towel and brought him to bed hold him as tight as I could. His heart was racing and he was shaking all over. We got two thunder claps that even made me jump.

Spike showed up after the worst was over. Then the second part came over. My phone just kept ringing and ringing with notices from the Weather Bureau telling me about the storm. Again I had to grab Teddy, only this time he wanted Spike. So I picked him up wrapped in the towel real tight, and brought him over to Spike. Spike held him until it was over. Then Spike put on his leash and took him outside. Teddy walked to the end of the sidewalk and turned right around and wanted back in. It had started to rain again and just as they both got inside, Again the big claps of thunder and lightning came back. I have to admit, that dog can hear thunder when it is coming in from NY.

Teddy refused to go with Spike when it was time to go home. So I still have him. A couple of times during the night he jumped up on my bed, but I didn't hear any storm. But he seemed to. Towel wrap and tight hugs again. Once he felt safe enough, he jumped down on his own. I just can't stand it to see Teddy in distress.

We are in for a couple of days of nasty weather. Of course. I have to go grocery shopping today.

My weather bug is telling me partly cloudy all day. And at present the temp is 69ºF. I just checked my phone. It seems the weather bureau was sending warning last night every few minutes. No wonder I just stopped answering my phone.

I hope it will be nice around noon. That is when I am scheduled to go shopping with Spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom