What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out for flash floods and landslides...lot of burned ground that is not going to suck up the rainfall fast enough.

Yep....I talked to my daughter further down in SoCal this afternoon - her hubs is a firefighter and they are on alert for landslides. Jeeez....sure wish we could just be happy for rain...:ermm:

Yep....I talked to my daughter further down in SoCal this afternoon - her hubs is a firefighter and they are on alert for landslides. Jeeez....sure wish we could just be happy for rain...:ermm:

Sorry to bring you a downer, but I worry about these things.:ermm:

Sorry to bring you a downer, but I worry about these things.:ermm:

You didn't bring a downer at all, Princess. :wub: The fires and landslides go hand in hand here, unfortunately. I guess wherever we live, there are upsides and downsides to whatever Mother Nature brings us.

Be careful in your area with the snow and ice!

It is 52F right now at 7:25pm. It was 60-something for a high. We are supposed to get another cold spell this weekend, but not as bad as last week's.

We had a good, soaking rain yesterday, but need more. Winter is when we traditionally get most of our annual rainfall. We need to fill the reservoirs before summer hits, and the rain stops.

CD

It got above freezing today! :clap: 34, to be exact. Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our only decent weather get-away day, so we'll be heading back to MA. :cry: We should have good weather both days we're on the road, plus a nice day on Thursday for any grocery shopping. Hoping to load up at Aldi on the way home Wednesday to avoid looking for anything but a new-to-us vehicle on Thursday.

It got above freezing today! :clap: 34, to be exact. Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our only decent weather get-away day, so we'll be heading back to MA. :cry: We should have good weather both days we're on the road, plus a nice day on Thursday for any grocery shopping. Hoping to load up at Aldi on the way home Wednesday to avoid looking for anything but a new-to-us vehicle on Thursday.

Safe travels! If it looks wet, remember it's ice.:ohmy:

Thanks, PF. There is one stretch of I-80 in PA that has a tendency to get slippery. We did a little slide-step there once many years ago. At least we stayed on the road! Since then the state has installed those roadbed sprayers that will emit a fine mist of salty water. Keeps the road just wet instead of icy. Thankfully, though, we should have clear skies for the next two days as long as we keep to our schedule. Fortunately our schedule does not mandate that we leave by noon! :LOL: We are NOT morning people...unless you're counting the wee hours before we hit the bed as "morning".

Should see me trying to get used to a 2 wheel drive pickup, I thought I was going to do a 360 this morning as the Sheriff drove by.:wacko: Just the top of my head poking over the steering wheel.:ermm::angel:

I'm glad that the last two (three?) vehicles I've owned have had electric seats that adjust up-and-down as well as back-and-forth. I'm short in the torso, so I sit low in most cars. Some days I'm tempted to get me a booster seat! Maybe you need one of those. ;)

I have one (2" gel) in the garage, remembered to get it out of the Subaru, just haven't had time to dig it out of a box. Get the truck registered tomorrow. I hope the road is dry.

I have one (2" gel) in the garage, remembered to get it out of the Subaru, just haven't had time to dig it out of a box. Get the truck registered tomorrow. I hope the road is dry.

Oh, my. Going from a Subaru to an F150? Yeah, be careful on those cold days -- or basically half of the year where you live. :ohmy::LOL:

It is 42 and foggy where I live, right now.

CD

Oh, my. Going from a Subaru to an F150? Yeah, be careful on those cold days -- or basically half of the year where you live. :ohmy::LOL:

It is 42 and foggy where I live, right now.

CD

I've driven bigger trucks, but it was more than a few years ago.

35 F today, supposed to get to 52 F. Hopefully it clears up some of the snow pack on secondary roads, like my street.

I got a new app called What The Forecast :ROFLMAO:
Capture%2B_2018-01-09-15-39-38.jpg

The mudslides in Monticito killed more during the night than the horrible Thomas fire did..5 so far. At this time, all highways are closed both ways from Ventura to Santa Barbara because of mud slides, and it continues to pour here in Ventura/Santa Paula.

Last edited:
The mudslides in Monticito killed more during the night than the horrible Thomas fire did..5 so far. At this time, all highways are closed both ways from Ventura to Santa Barbara because of mud slides, and it continues to pour here in Ventura/Santa Paula.

Water is a powerful (and deadly) force.

Below: The blue house in the background used to be perched on the wood pilings in the foreground, before Hurricane Ike.

CD

Attachments

• House-moved.jpg
    House-moved.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom