What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't get too hard by that weather bomb. I'm guessing we got about 15 cm (~6") of snow.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2018-1-5 Alerts Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Montréal Island area - The Weather Networ.jpg
    Screenshot-2018-1-5 Alerts Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Montréal Island area - The Weather Networ.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
One of my dogs was a Sheltie/Border Collie mix (picture a 75=pound sheltie), and she loved snow and ice. We had an ice storm once where I put her outside while watching a Steelers game, and forgot about her for about 30 minutes. When I remembered she was outside, I ran to the door, and she was taking a nap on the snow and ice covered patio. She didn't want to come inside. She had a dense undercoat, and she was as comfortable as she could be. [emoji38]

One of my neighbors has a big yellow Lab; they've been posting on Facebook that he has to be dragged inside [emoji38] I don't know why they don't just leave him out there for an hour or so. Of course, people keep posting about how it's illegal to leave pets outside in inclement weather, but some dogs are suited for it.

It was mid 40s here, today. Not bad.

I feel for those of you getting hit by that bomb thing -- basically a winter hurricane. Hopefully it won't last long.

CD
We had no damage and didn't lose power, so we came through it fine. Our next-door neighbors (this is their first house) didn't leave their faucets dripping, so their water froze. DH went over to help them figure out why they didn't have water. Luckily they were able to thaw it with a hair dryer before the pipes burst.

Last edited:
It was so cold and windy today on 57th Street and 11th Ave. that when I left work my eyes were watering, and the tears froze on my eyelashes.

Cool, crunchy eyelashes.:brows:

We have a flood, so bad that they have a crisis meeting and we might be stuck in this village, unless it slows down.

It is 48F right now. It got up to 62F this afternoon. It was sunny, with no wind, so I could comfortably go outside with a long-sleeve shirt and no coat. We are heading for 34 overnight, and back up near 60 tomorrow.

CD

It is now snowning and getting colder, we are hoping it freezing and keeps cold for long time or some roads has to be closed. Isnt lovely to live smack in the middle of rivers and lakes?

Just got words that the train track is safe and we hope it holds. But well the cows needs to learn how to Swim if they want to go out.

Fireplace evening sounds good, RF. Lovin' this rain - can't even see the Sierras now, they're so clouded over. :)

Watch out for flash floods and landslides...lot of burned ground that is not going to suck up the rainfall fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom