What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH, a former Navy meteorologist, says the good thing about a storm like this is that it moves quickly, so at least it won't hang around and snow for days and days ;) Forecast calls for mid-50s on Monday.

It was much more like Dallas today in Dallas. We got up to 47F -- it is 45, now. We are supposed to be back in the 50s and low 60s for the weekend. This is more typical winter weather for here.

CD

We're back to Zero again. I suspect that is the cooler side of zero, can't really tell, it's dark outside.

Be warm and safe all of you in the cyclone bomb storm path.

Last edited:
I hope everyone on the East Coast is ready for this monster storm that they are calling a "bomb cyclone"...
We're hiding in OH. It's still cold here, but at least we don't have to hunker down for a snowstorm. We'll stay here until it gets warmer...or until next week Wednesday. Whichever comes first. :LOL: If we stay any longer, Himself and I will be running out of our maintenance meds. After staying with Loverly for 3 1/2 weeks, though, I think she might need my blood pressure meds more than I do. :wacko:

ROFL! Stepson and DIL moved to Orlando, FL to get away from the snow...

That's hilarious. You have to get their reactions to that and post them here.

------------

Same old same old drizzle here, cold and sunny the next day, drizzle the day after that, rinse, repeat.

We did have some excitement on Christmas Eve. I went over to a friend's house at about 4pm and by 7, there was about 4" of snow on the ground. Her road is a gravel road and the main highway was OK. But the road connecting the two of those was slick and hilly. I think I was going 5mph and still slid on the little hill leading to the highway.

Driving 15 miles home in heavy falling snow was even more fun. And that is NOT sarcasm!

Most of the snow was gone by the next morning, though.

Now, of course, everyone in the east is having all the fun and all we get here is more drizzle. :glare:

Bombogenesis 2018! 25 degrees F and still snowing lightly. Stryder does *not* like going out in this.

Last night.
0103182222.jpg

This morning.
0104181215.jpg

The front porch.
0104181138.jpg

It is just afternoon my time. We've reached Zero again. One could get dizzy looking at all these 00's and minuses. Maybe I should learn to read computer programming or something. This time it is the top end of 0. No, I can not tell the difference between lower zero and an upper Zero. It. Is. Cold.

My cat and I are staying Indoors today. :cat::cat:

Good grief GG! That is a lot of snow, especially for where you live. Must be the sticky stuff, since it can balance so high on the backs and arms of chairs.

Bombogenesis 2018! 25 degrees F and still snowing lightly. Stryder does *not* like going out in this.

One of my dogs was a Sheltie/Border Collie mix (picture a 75=pound sheltie), and she loved snow and ice. We had an ice storm once where I put her outside while watching a Steelers game, and forgot about her for about 30 minutes. When I remembered she was outside, I ran to the door, and she was taking a nap on the snow and ice covered patio. She didn't want to come inside. She had a dense undercoat, and she was as comfortable as she could be. :LOL:

CD

It was mid 40s here, today. Not bad.

I feel for those of you getting hit by that bomb thing -- basically a winter hurricane. Hopefully it won't last long.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom