What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
102F as a high today, it's now 89F...come on winter! Please!

I really feel bad for you, Princess. I am used to that kind of heat. I don't like it, but I am used to it.

I can't say I like winter's cold any better, though. I like our two weeks of Spring weather, and our two weeks of Fall weather in North Texas. :rolleyes::LOL:

Cold showers are good for more than just men who have been "alone" for a long time. :ohmy: :D

A cold shower before bedtime can also help a person get some sleep.

I have a two level house, with two separate HVAC systems. Right now, they are running at least 80-percent of the time I am at home. When I am out of town, I turn the downstairs thermostat to 78, and the upstairs up to 80-degrees. They still run about 50-percent of the day.

When I am in town, but not at home, I have to keep part of the house cool enough for my dog. He stays downstairs when I am gone. I set the first floor thermostat for 74, and that seems to be cool enough for him. I let the upstairs get hotter. Hot air rises, so keeping the first floor cool enough for my dog works out fine.

When I am at home, my bedroom is downstairs, so I set the downstairs thermostat to 70 right before I go to bed. I can't sleep if I am hot.

My office is upstairs, and I set my upstairs thermostat constantly depending on whether I am up there or not. If I am not up there, I let it get hot, to save some money.

CD

CD

A heavenly 66F now at 5:45 am, by 9 it will be getting close to 80. Hopefully we will stay in the lower 90's today for the high. Still too darn hot, but better the the triple digits from the last few days.

As for cold showers, I discovered those when I was a kid. Have had a broken body thermometer since I was about 9 years old. Bad heat stroke then and a few times since, most recent Heat Stroke was a couple of weeks ago.

It was 97F when I left work, by the time I hit the bottom of the hill the temp had dropped 15 degrees and was raining like crazy. When I got home (8 miles away) it was 87F, hot breeze from the northeast.

Minus 5 not far from me yesterday, a frost normally presents a nice day. 9 deg Celsius today. Quiet day work wise today, suits me. Lol.

Russ

Minus 5 not far from me yesterday, a frost normally presents a nice day. 9 deg Celsius today. Quiet day work wise today, suits me. Lol.

Russ

I could live with that temp, give me a sweater and I am happy. It is now 80F outside. In the house it's 87F, that's with the ac at 61F in the bedroom.

Last time I checked, it was 93°. Uncommonly humid here in Sin City, because of recent storms. We had a spectacular one the night before last. Thunder, lightening, torrential downpours and 50 mph winds. It was dramatic and awesome, except for the damage it caused.

We had so many thunderstorms last night it wasn't even funny. I'd get almost asleep and BOOM, here comes another one. I'm dragging right now.

76 and cloudy right now. More storms possibly this afternoon/evening.

Went to bed very late last night and didn't wake until 9.30 this morning. Listened to the serial on the radio and have just got up (11am!).

It hasn't rained here for nearly 6 weeks and it's been almost unbearably hot (at least for the north of England!). I opened the door to let the cat out and it had rained overnight. Everywhere was wet and shining,the air smelled fresh and bright and the garden and my pots of herbs outside the back door are beginning to look better already. And it's COOL!

Sorry to rub this in, especially for those of you who live in "desert" areas. This summer has been unusually hot and we aren't very good at "tropical" weather here. Nowhere in Britain is further than 75 miles from the sea so I suppose that's why our heat goes hand in hand with high humidity - 74% the other night!

Heat & humidity finally gave us. A little break last night in SE South Dakota. Around 8:30 pm last night it just poured rain. Flash floods warning, we got 6/10 in 30 minutes. Dark and overcast this morning, look like rain again.

The drought has turned in to starving animals, not enough feed for the cows and horses, it is really bad.

But just my summer here in Sweden and I know you just want to hear happy things about hot days and cool nights, which we dont have in my area, it just hot, dry and bad.

I have no idea what is happening at home. I am in Florida right now, and it is in the low 90s, with ridiculous humidity. I have to let my cameras and lenses sit in the trunk of the car in the sun before I use them, or they fog up. I can't go from AC to outdoors without fogging.

Working outdoors right now is brutal -- in most of the places I've been working. Two days ago, I was working in NY, and it was not what I would call, "pleasant."

CD

I have no idea what is happening at home. I am in Florida right now, and it is in the low 90s, with ridiculous humidity. I have to let my cameras and lenses sit in the trunk of the car in the sun before I use them, or they fog up. I can't go from AC to outdoors without fogging.

Working outdoors right now is brutal -- in most of the places I've been working. Two days ago, I was working in NY, and it was not what I would call, "pleasant."

CD

It seems there's an El Nina or El Nino weather pattern that we're all in every year. I read that we're in an El Nina weather pattern now.

Last edited:
It seems there's an El Nina or El Nino weather pattern that we're all in every year. I read that we're in an El Nina weather pattern now.

No El Niño right now. A good chance of that at the end of 2018, beginning of 2019. La Niña effects are less drastic, and not likely to cause high temperatures in places like Wyoming. PF should be cold and wet if we had La Niña effects right now -- which I'm sure would make her happy. :LOL:

The jet stream is all over the place. I hear that it is caused by the biggest hoax in history. Some kind of "scientific" BS. I'm thinking prayer, and maybe sacrificing a lamb are our best bet. :rolleyes: :D

CD

Jet stream does what it wants, forget the hoax. I used to read the Farmer's Almanac and check out their predictions. :LOL:

Well, there are actually very well defined reasons for current jet stream behavior. But, they are "inconvenient."

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom