What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, quite seasonal. 60s today, and sunny and 60s tomorrow. Just right for the DXL Frisco Bowl, with NDSC the favorite to win. They are from Fargo. I'm sure they will be fine with sunny and 60s.

CD

Still colder than a witch’s bosoms in a brass bra, but at least it won’t freeze tonight. Projected low 37°F.

Actually, quite seasonal. 60s today, and sunny and 60s tomorrow. Just right for the DXL Frisco Bowl, with NDSC the favorite to win. They are from Fargo. I'm sure they will be fine with sunny and 60s.

CD

That may be too warm for them.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Still colder than a witch’s bosoms in a brass bra...
The now-retired Cleveland Dean of Meteorologists, Dick Goddard, would always say "colder than a witch's...(long pause)....kiss". Cracked me up every time!

It has been unseasonably mild here in the great state of Ohio. Into the mid-40s today with sunshine - a sparse commodity during the winter. With our luck, no matter how we plan, there will probably be the threat of a snowstorm whichever day we decide to leave. :LOL:

Weird weather here for January....cold, gray, and only 41F here at 3:30PM. Usually it's sunny and blue skies. Hopefully some of the rain from the southland will head up here. :)

We had a bright and sunny 53°F here along the river. Beagle and I went for a walk.

Raining now..... and cold. Hope the semi-worn tarp over the skylght holds up against leaks tonight.
It's also perfect weather to cozy up and watch a couple more episodes of this Colombian tele-novela on Netflix I got hooked on.

I hope so too, RF.

It's been a blanket, recliner, movie and candle type of day here. Good excuse to be lazy. :LOL:

Nice day here, today. It is clear right now and currently 60F. It will be cold tonight, low 40s, but sunny and close to 70F tomorrow. It has been nasty lately, so it is nice to experience some normal weather.

CD

A little bit of snow this evening! Not much, and not enough to stick to the ground, but fun to watch. Gives me hope for more this winter. :)

A little bit of snow this evening! Not much, and not enough to stick to the ground, but fun to watch. Gives me hope for more this winter. :)

Let's hope there is a whole lot more falling on the mountains out there. Melting snow is more important in Cali than the actual snow.

CD

Yes, Casey, for sure! We always hope for that and it hasn't been disappointing the past couple of years. There's already quite a bit of snow about an hour's drive north.

The past few years' snowfall in the Sierras was incredible!
Just to share a couple of pics :LOL: - my daughter and SIL's cabin in the southern Sierras about 60 miles from here, in summer.
summer cabin.jpg

January 2017 :ohmy:
winter cabin 2017.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, Casey, for sure! We always hope for that and it hasn't been disappointing the past couple of years. There's already quite a bit of snow about an hour's drive north.

We depend on winter rain here in North Texas. We want to fill the reservoirs in the winter months, to get us trough the summer hot and dry months. That is kind of like the snow pack for you. Just another way to store water.

CD

Wow, we had frog drowner rain late yesterday and last night. It's a very cold and stunning bright morning with snow up on top of Topatopa mountain viewed from my back porch. Brrrr...

Last edited:
We're just out of Nelson on holiday, Nelson recorded 36 deg c here. It was uncomfortably hot. Was still 33 when we went to get ice at 7.30pm. Don't know what that is converted, giggle is down ATM.

Home in 2 days to cooler climes???

Russ

Wow, we had frog drowner rain late yesterday and last night. It's a very cold and stunning bright morning with snow up on top of Topatopa mountain viewed from my back porch. Brrrr...

Lol @ both "frog drowner" and Topatopa mountain. I think an Irish guy named the mountain when he finally got there.

It was a very gusty, windy day here. The denuded, 80 to 100 foot trees surrounding my house were really swaying. My wife was worried about one giant hickory in the backyard that barely had any leaves this past summer.

We got a price of $300 cash to have it cut and roped down last fall so long as the tree guys can keep and haul away the old hickory wood.

I'm tempted to drop it myself and sell the wood for a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom