What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of drought I should bite my tongue complaining about all the rain we've had. Our personal records show we've had 17" of rain on our porch since Jan. 1st.

Last night there were 1,700 lightening strikes just north of here. Whaaaaat??

After years of drought I should bite my tongue complaining about all the rain we've had. Our personal records show we've had 17" of rain on our porch since Jan. 1st.

Last night there were 1,700 lightening strikes just north of here. Whaaaaat??
Record cold in the Midwest, record rain in the Southwest, record heat and drought in Australia... It's almost like something worldwide is changing. What could it be? [emoji848] [emoji6]

Record cold in the Midwest, record rain in the Southwest, record heat and drought in Australia... It's almost like something worldwide is changing. What could it be? [emoji848] [emoji6]

It's that darned hoax. :mad:

It is mid 50s here, which is pretty normal for now. It was really cold earlier this week. I was in Corpus Christi, and it was 35F for two days -- and windy. Very abnormal for Corpus Christi.

CD

Yep, wonder what that could be...! :cool:;)
==========================
I've lived in this area for 40+ years and have never seen this much rain, this time of year. :ohmy: I love it and we need it, but it's very unusual. Usually our rainy 'season' is August-September-ish.

It rained hard last night again, all night long. My yard is flooded, and there are flash flood warnings for the roads in and out of town. Crazy! :ohmy:

It’s raining. Again! We’ve had a lot of precipitation this year, including the snow a couple of weeks ago. When it warms up, just a bit more, the desert’s gonna be beautiful! And my allergies are gonna go batsh*t crazy!

From one desert dweller to another...YES! The other day (before this latest deluge of rain hit), I was driving around on the back roads and noticed that the desert floor is already getting green. Should be a good year for wildflowers. :flowers:

Last edited:
Yep, Cheryl and Joel, you desert people will have spectacular wildflowers before long!

With all the rain over this way, the normally brown mountains on both sides of this valley are looking more like Ireland with the passing days.

Yep, Cheryl and Joel, you desert people will have spectacular wildflowers before long!

With all the rain over this way, the normally brown mountains on both sides of this valley are looking more like Ireland with the passing days.

February 2019 was the wettest February in US history. Meanwhile, Southeast Australia is burning -- as California was in 2018.

CD

Sunday we went snowmobiling. Today thunderstorms. received_311373799572626.jpg

It's raining right now, since 2 this morning. Supposed to get 12-18 inches of snow later today. Yesterday it was 56F.

Could be better. Lots and lots of high winds last night, along with a ton of rain...like we need more here. The flood gates have been in at Paducah for several weeks, along with those at Cairo (IL) and Cape Girardeau (MO). Can't wait for the snow melt to greet us from up north.

Today it's still quite windy with tornadoes. Plenty of damage but, last I heard, no deaths or injuries.

Our 2-acre pond darned near has white caps on it.

Looks to be a rockin' and rollin' kind of day.

Wow Katie, that weather sounds more exciting than anyone would want.

Yep, pretty ugly. We didn't sustain any damage but quite a few other homes, businesses, manufacturing businesses and churches really got whacked. Big mess.

Still pretty windy but the sun is making an appearance and, from the looks of our local radar, we're done with any severe weather...at least for today. That could change.

As I just related, it's relatively still at the moment, but here's a gallery of photos from our local NBC station. Just turned on the TV for some news and a state of emergency has been declared and clean-up is beginning.

Those are impressive, scary photos. I see a lot of people got pictures of the funnel.

Has there been much in the way of power outages? Do you still have electricity?

Lots of flooding. My favorite fishing spots got washed out. Before and after. Under the Dam in Spencer Nebraska. The last picture is the same bridge as in the second. It's 75-100 ft off the canyon floor.FB_IMG_1552579578346.jpegScreenshot_20190314-120520.jpgScreenshot_20190314-120456.jpgScreenshot_20190314-120707.jpg

Those are impressive, scary photos. I see a lot of people got pictures of the funnel.

Has there been much in the way of power outages? Do you still have electricity?
Glenn and I didn't lose power but many other folks did.

What a mess! Lots of broken stuff and soooo much clean-up to be done.

Don't get on my case, but one of the churches that was darned near wiped out had a school of 20 preschool children in it. The teachers moved all the little ones into a basement area and no one was harmed. God's hand at work.

A lot of flooding in SE South Dakota. Several major roads closed throughout the city. Anyone that has a basement, it's most likely, full of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom