What music are you listening to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dawg reminded us that today, well yesterday now, was national 'unplugged' day. how these musical trends swing back and forth over time, and stir up so much emotion and controvery. when bob dylan 'sold out' and went (partially) electronic with his music in newport at a folk concert in the 1960s, fans were ready to fight and bleed. hopefully, in contrast, yesterday's national unplugged day strummed softly along in bloodless musical tribute....

I want to hear a singer that can carry a tune with a full orchestra in the background. Not just a loud drum set and a bunch of guitars. It has become a lost art. :angel:

It's not so unusual. There are lots of cover bands that perform rock 'n roll with orchestras these days. We've seen a few and they're tremendous. <pause to search> Wow! Someone recorded and posted the very concert we attended, with the Virginia Symphony Orchestra! Not the best recording, but in person, it sounded better :cool: Watch for the electric violin.

Led Zeppelin and Virginia Symphony Orchestra - YouTube

We caught this on a concert channel recently. Not sure if David Bowie is your style, Addie, but we loved the 360° orchestra and choir Beck played his music with at Lincoln Center. The orchestra leader is the singer, Beck's, father.

Beck Reimagines David Bowie's "Sound and Vision" - YouTube

Okay, I was at the laundromat and there were songs from the 70's (not disco) playing on the radio and singing along with the songs. There was an older looking lady across the mat singing along with them, too...turns out we are the same age...I am an older looking lady, too!:ohmy:

Okay, I was at the laundromat and there were songs from the 70's (not disco) playing on the radio and singing along with the songs. There was an older looking lady across the mat singing along with them, too...turns out we are the same age...I am an older looking lady, too!:ohmy:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It sucks when you're the only one that doesn't notice you're getting older!

I nearly bit a teenager's head off the other day for calling me Aunty! Me?@!!!
I still look 18 :rolleyes:

Snip are we soul mates. I didn’t know Soul Asylum reaches its hand as far as you-all. To me, they are a local band. Today Google, at least in US, spotlights and celebrates Miriam Makeba’s birthday on its home page. Today, I think / some/ maybe a lot/ of people never listen to her. Maybe I am wrong. A truly great musician and inspiring woman.
Here's a song from another local band, recorded mid 90's. Not nearly as famous. I like this band too.
Golden Smog - Pecan Pie - YouTube

Snip are we soul mates. I didn’t know Soul Asylum reaches its hand as far as you-all. To me, they are a local band. Today Google, at least in US, spotlights and celebrates Miriam Makeba’s birthday on its home page. Today, I think / some/ maybe a lot/ of people never listen to her. Maybe I am wrong. A truly great musician and inspiring woman.
Here's a song from another local band, recorded mid 90's. Not nearly as famous. I like this band too.
Golden Smog - Pecan Pie - YouTube

If there's good music somewhere, I'll find it! :punk:
We have good taste ;)

We used to sing The click song in school, man is that a tough song to sing :LOL:

Miriam Makeba - Click Song - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom