What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I watched The Jungle Book last night. It was fun. I remember reading the book when I was a child; we had a black cat and my mom named her Bagheera after the black panther. Bits of the story came back to me as the movie went on.

Did I mention that we got a new TV last month? DH works out to exercise videos in the (mostly finished) attic and he wanted a flat-screen TV up there (we had an ancient tube-type TV up there before). So we went shopping after Christmas and found a discontinued 55" Samsung Smart TV at Best Buy for a great price. We moved the 42" from the living room to the sitting room (as I call it - the extra bedroom with a foldout couch, recliner, TV stand/dresser and a couple of tables) and the 28", or whatever it is, from there to the attic.

The new TV has absolutely gorgeous graphics, and we have a Bose sound system. Pizza and a movie at home last night. Great fun. Yeah, we're old ? but it's great to be able to pause the movie to go to the bathroom or refill a drink.

Last edited:
...Pizza and a movie at home last night. Great fun. Yeah, we're old ? but it's great to be able to pause the movie to go to the bathroom or refill a drink.
Sure is nice to have that "pause" option. It's the main reason we've gone out to a movie theatre only once in the 16+ years we've lived here. "Chicago" in case you want to know. ?

For the most part, I agree about watching movies at home. There are some, though, that I like to watch on the big screen. I think the last one we saw in a theater, before the one above, was the Star Trek movie that came out last year.

The Commodore Theater I mentioned above shows only one movie at a time and they pipe the sound into the bathrooms, so that helps ? Also, since it's a historic dinner theater, it's in a different category to me than regular movie theaters. Great for date night :wub:

We went and saw "Lion" this afternoon, and really enjoyed it. Glad I knew ahead it was based on a true story. As a mother, it really spoke to my heart.

I'm watching the red carpet arrivals right now on live tv, and looking forward to the Oscars.

DH and I watched The Jungle Book last night. It was fun. I remember reading the book when I was a child; we had a black cat and my mom named her Bagheera after the black panther. Bits of the story came back to me as the movie went on.

Did I mention that we got a new TV last month? DH works out to exercise videos in the (mostly finished) attic and he wanted a flat-screen TV up there (we had an ancient tube-type TV up there before). So we went shopping after Christmas and found a discontinued 55" Samsung Smart TV at Best Buy for a great price. We moved the 42" from the living room to the sitting room (as I call it - the extra bedroom with a foldout couch, recliner, TV stand/dresser and a couple of tables) and the 28", or whatever it is, from there to the attic.

The new TV has absolutely gorgeous graphics, and we have a Bose sound system. Pizza and a movie at home last night. Great fun. Yeah, we're old �� but it's great to be able to pause the movie to go to the bathroom or refill a drink.

Isn't technology fantastic! Years ago I recorded "Twelve Angry Men. I think we may wear out the disc, if that is possible. This year Pirate wants to record The Wizard Of Oz. He knows that whole movie by heart. All the dialogue, songs, and every move the cast makes. So to keep him happy, we will watch it again the next time it is on , plus record it. He can take it with him when he moves out. Please God, let an apartment open up real soon for him!

Deepwater Horizon. Great movie. It was filmed in a way you don't see very often anymore. Fast paced and smart dialog. I particularly liked the Kurt Russell character, "Mr. Jimmy."

If you haven't seen the movie, here is a clip. It is not a spoiler, but it features the main actors, Russel, Wahlberg and Malkovich, and I think it is a good taste of the whole movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdGfUQzwUE

CD

Last edited:
Moonlight. Curious, because it won best picture. I didn't care for the movie.

Everyone I know who's seen it has said the same thing RF. :cool:

Did you see La La Land? The same folks said the same about that one.

I don't understand why Hidden Figures didn't win. Now that was a good movie worthy of an Oscar!

Last edited:
Everyone I know who's seen it has said the same thing RF. :cool:

Did you see La La Land? The same folks said the same about that one.

I don't understand why Hidden Figures didn't win. Now that was a good movie worthy of an Oscar!

I agree 100%.
I didn't care for La La either.
After they announced Moonlight we decided to check it out immediately following the Awards. We fell asleep a third way through....

They re-released Star Wars Rogue One for a week at the IMAX, so I went and saw it. I've always been a Star Wars fan, so I thought it was a fun movie. I just wish they hadn't gone all CGI with a few of the characters. Those CGI human characters never really look quite human. More like creepy cartoon characters.

I had borrowed three movies from the library a week ago Friday in anticipation of the Oscars. We watched "Duplicity" on Sunday and had a hard time telling heads from tails. So confusing! On Tuesday, we watched "The Break-Up". Pure fluff and silliness - just the kind of movie to watch after "Duplicity". Thursday's feature film was an oldie-but-goodie that I've never seen, "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

I think I'm a little movied out. :LOL:

I am ill, so I used netflix as a companion.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: That is very dark film, I was surprised but I liked it.

Midnight Special: I really liked this movie because it doesnt do what most normal American films do, explains everything in the start. You figure it out at the same as the characters do and there no hints before.

Neverending Story: If you havent seen this, you have never felt true magic and fantasy. I seen it 13 times and I still love it.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Why not, Captian Kirk and Spock is lovely anyday.

( yeah I watched even more star trek, much more)

I remember seeing The Neverending Story at the walk in theatre with my older brother and cousin when I was 12 in 1984. Southland Cinemas near the mall. Good film.

For the foreign film fanciers, I saw Summertime last night on Netflix Instant. It's a fairly recently made French film about a young French woman who was born and raised on a farm. It's set in the 1970's. She finds that her happiness is at odds with what her parents want her to do in life. It does have a fair bit of nudity.

I think it won an award at the Cannes film festival.

Last edited:
I am ill, so I used netflix as a companion.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: That is very dark film, I was surprised but I liked it.

Midnight Special: I really liked this movie because it doesnt do what most normal American films do, explains everything in the start. You figure it out at the same as the characters do and there no hints before.

Neverending Story: If you havent seen this, you have never felt true magic and fantasy. I seen it 13 times and I still love it.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Why not, Captian Kirk and Spock is lovely anyday.

( yeah I watched even more star trek, much more)

Omigosh! Haven't thought of The NeverEnding Story in years. All the characters are sooo cool. My favorite is Falcour. I might have to see if our library has it, 'cause I think I need to see it.

If you enjoyed The NeverEnding Story, you might want to check out the 1986 movie, Labyrinth. It's so neat and David Bowie does a wonderful job. Might have to see it the library has this, too.

Labyrinth is lovely and so is The Dark Crystal too.

Have you thought of this, Neverending story wouldnt been show for so you kids as it did today. It very day and kids films today are very happy happy happy happy ...

Back
Top Bottom