What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nordwand, a german film about attempting to climb the north face of the Eiger. Rather depressing mostly but interesting.

i still think that it is appropriate to post a movie like that.
and there are subtitles so you can grasp the idea of the movie if you want..

it is a really good movie by the way.....

would it really make a change if i described in two words what it's about?

if you really want you can see the description on imdb

FYI, virtually all the time I spend here is while I am at work being an overnight dispatcher. They're okay with me watching Amazon Prime & Disney Plus and other streaming services, but youtube is right out - presumably because the IT lady cannot be sure the videos coming from such a diverse group are all safe for our computers.

In other words, post a video here and I for one cannot watch it. Just saying.

Knock At The Cabin - As odd, good, different, scary as any M. Night Shyamalan movie...and yet, tissue alert! If you like his earlier movies, you have got to see this one. We watched it on Amazon Prime.

The Name of the Rose, a detective story set in 1327 starring Sean Connery, F. Murray Abraham, and a very young Christian Slater. Murders and secrets at a monastery. From 1986; it's well-made and intelligent. A bit over two hours and slow-moving, so watching it takes commitment. I think it's worth the time, though.

The next movie I saw for free was the Year of the Rat. This was a nice low budget short movie about a single mom getting back into the dating scene.

Hulu: "One For The Money". A movie based on the crime novel of the same name by Janet Evanovich. Katheryn Heigl starred with Jason O'Mara.

We both have enjoyed her novels so the movie was a natural for us. Sadly, no more movies based on her books.

Lost Horizon (1937). How would you react if you suddenly found yourself in paradise? Sadly, the movie doesn't go into the philosophical questions possible, but it was 1937 - during the depression - and the movie was way over budget and it ended up some 138 minutes long. It remains a classic, even though part of the movie is lost to time.

I know I just posted, but I watched two movies back to back. The second one was more entertaining.

Paprika (2006). An adult anime, said to be the inspiration for 2010's Inception. Both movies are about dream manipulation, and they're both really trippy. I found Paprika very satisfying. It's on Tubi (a free internet streaming channel) but it is supposedly leaving soon. 90 minutes long and they pass quickly.

FYI, Paprika is leaving Tubi in three days. If you like anime, be quick.

I just watched Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, and I strongly recommend it. I do not play D&D, and I suspect that role-playing gamers will not be among those happy with the film. It is not a serious work. Everyone involved is having a grand time, and it shows. This is a well-done action comedy, great fun from beginning to end. D&D:HAT is on Amazon Prime Video; 2:14.

Another thread brought to mind a dwonderful movie I watched a while ago. It is really good and I highly recommend it.

Lighthouse of the Whales (2016)
A child's autism and a man's relationship with Orcas.
Based on a true story.

Watching 2012 at the moment. Bout the 4th time. A little cheesy but interesting at times.

Back
Top Bottom