"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #4651
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Over the last two nights we watched the "Aliens Quadrillogy," with "Alien" and "Aliens" the first night, then "Aliens 3" (the 3 is really supposed to be smaller and raised, like a math exponent, LOL), and "Aliens Resurrection." We had both seen the first two, years ago, but neither of us had seen the last two. They were good, but the language was hideous, and for some reason they thought Sigourney Weaver needed to be in nothing but skimpy underwear for most of the first and much of the second movie.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #4652
Master Chef

The Birdcage ...... Again. We love that movie. Great cast

Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #4653
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We watched one of our favorites again tonight. "Field of Dreams." My baseball-loving Iowa boy is in hog heaven whenever we watch it, especially when Shoeless Joe asks, "Is this Heaven?" and Kevin Costner says, "No, it's Iowa."
Old 09-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #4654
Head Chef

Forgive me, but I must grovel at the feet of Netflix once more. Boy, I love the choices I can get there! I'm nearly at the end of a pretty lengthy BBC series, The Pallisers, having just seen Disc 10 of 12. It's another costume period piece of early (earliers than Downton) England, offering painless* insights into the workings of Parliament (not nearly as stuffy as that sounds) and the upper end of society with its endless rules and obligations. Lots of food for thought. I will miss it.

*The series is based on Anthony Trollope's book(s), which I'm guessing would have been a chore to get through.

I was disappointed that Downton Abbey was snubbed at the Emmys. And Mad Men, as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #4655
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Forgive me, but I must grovel at the feet of Netflix once more. Boy, I love the choices I can get there! I'm nearly at the end of a pretty lengthy BBC series, The Pallisers, having just seen Disc 10 of 12. It's another costume period piece of early (earliers than Downton) England, offering painless* insights into the workings of Parliament (not nearly as stuffy as that sounds) and the upper end of society with its endless rules and obligations. Lots of food for thought. I will miss it.

*The series is based on Anthony Trollope's book(s), which I'm guessing would have been a chore to get through.

I was disappointed that Downton Abbey was snubbed at the Emmys. And Mad Men, as well.
I know what you mean! We don't get their DVDs, just the streaming. Between Netflix and Hulu Plus, we are in TV Hog Heaven!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #4656
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
"Blades of Glory." Totally idiotic and completely hilarious!
One of my all time fav's!

Just about to watch Napoleon Dynamite. For about the 20th (if not more) day in a row. I'm addicted to it even though it's a pretty pointless film. It just makes me feel good :)
Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #4657
Head Chef

Lana & John - The Postman Always Rings Twice.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #4658
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I know what you mean! We don't get their DVDs, just the streaming. Between Netflix and Hulu Plus, we are in TV Hog Heaven!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #4659
Executive Chef

I watched The Notebook again last night. What a wonderful story of true love. I cried...again.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #4660
Half Baked

I took my family to see Hotel Transyvania today. Very cute movie and had me laughing quite a few times. Fun!

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote