What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Incredible Hulk in theaters right now. It was really good. I went there feeling really tired at 10;30 last night and was wide awake through the whole movie.

Then we came home and relaxed in bed watching Troy. We started in the place we left off the night before, because I had fallen asleep halfway through. I fell asleep again last night so I guess we will finish the movie tonight!! lol

Saphellae======I think the reason that Troy fell is that people fell asleep thru it.......A Trojan horse would certainly have gained their attention and reception.........even I would have woken up to a wooden horse filled with hunks.......

Let see... watched The Brothers Solomon.... what a waste!

Waitress... cute and entertaining movie.

Deja-vu.... very good movie... liked it the best of the 3!

I watched The Bucket List, which I enjoyed a lot. I love Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Then I watched Strange Wilderness and laughed my butt off. My girlfriend and I watched it together and really, we laughed so hard we were crying and our ribs hurt. But I'm not sure if it was really all that funny or if we were just in one of those moods. Anyway, it's along the lines of "Something About Mary" and "Grandma's Boy". If you laughed at those, you'll probably laugh at this one.

We just got back from seeing Wanted. It was entertaining. The visuals and stunts were great and the story was not bad.

Let see... watched The Brothers Solomon.... what a waste!

Waitress... cute and entertaining movie.

Deja-vu.... very good movie... liked it the best of the 3!

I will agree 100% on this one!! I had looked it on yahoo movies to see what it was, had not heard of it, showed it only made $900,000 +, now we know why!!:LOL:

:) The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise. I thought he was awesome in this movie and yet no Academy Award another one I thought should win was Val Kilmer in Tomb Stone. ( Ill be your HuckleBerry) he was great in that role. I will never understand why some of the most favorite men actors never win an award even Brad Pitt has had some great roles like THE River RUNS THROUGH IT. And one of my favorites LEGENDS OF THE FALL. I have always thought the Awards were somewhat biased in some way.

We have Netflix and are revisiting some of our favorites: Chariots of Fire (in honor of the Olympic trials), O Brother Where Art Thou was last night, and we have Local Hero slated for this evening.

hmgal, o brother and local hero are great flicks. the former has great music, and the latter great wit.

i watched "alpha dog" tonight. are there such things as movies which provide not redeeming value, and are potentially (probably actually) harmful and dangerous to young people?
this movie had childish values, both artistically and socially, and not in any way that could be counted as good. not even in contrast. bruce willis, sharon stone, and the rest of the cast should never win an award ever again just for being part of this trash.

We watched 28 weeks later. DW had to sleep with the light on until I came to bed. I thought is was OK, but nothing great.

I watched Alpha Dog last night. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. It was way better than I expected. I also did not know that it was a true story.

It was too loud and too vulgar for my wife though. They said the F word a few hundred times. That got old to her real quick.

wow, gb, see my "review" of it a few posts up.

imo, it was as if they asked a bunch of young guys what they'd like to do in a movie. get high, drink a lot, have sex, pretend to be tough, shoot some guns and get into fights.
it actually makes a little more sense if it was based on a true story, but still, i hope there's not too many young rich kids that will be influenced to act like that.

Well hopefully if those young rich kids do decide to stray they will have watched the movie to the end and see that it does not pay.

I went into this movie expecting it to be worse than horrible so maybe that expectation made me enjoy it more when it didn't completely suck. Did you go in expecting it to be good BT?

10,0000 BC, not a bad movie, I am not so sure they couldn't have worked it out so they didn't need the narration, and they got kinda weird with what apparently was supposed to be the Egyptian Pharaoh or something and that he had just descended from the sky or come from Atlantis with two others that were now dead.
Not that the idea of using Platos accounts as related from the Egyptian records isn't an interesting idea, I just think they weirded it out a little and left me wondering where the hunters tribe was actually located and what lands he actually crossed.. IE trying to match geography and history took away from the movie in this case IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom