What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched Last Sunday. The only funny one in this one is Kat Williams. Surprised me, but, it also had a good edge to it too.

We watched a couple of movies.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Scull (or whatever it was called). This was actually better than I expected, but I had very low expectations for it. I thought the end was a bit stupid, but overall I enjoyed the movie.

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay. I expected this one to be stupid and it did not disappoint. It was mindless sophomoric humor that my wife hated with a passion, but I chuckled a few times.

I love "Polar Express!" We have it on DVD, so I will watch it again soon.

My latest is "Silent Night." It is the true story of a widow and her son who take in both American and German soldiers on Christmas Eve, during World War II. Very good.

:)Barbara

Silent Night.
Something tells me I've seen this in German with English sub titles. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was the most incredible movie I have ever seen!!!! Did they have Scottish soldier playing the bagpipes???

Something tells me I've seen this in German with English sub titles. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was the most incredible movie I have ever seen!!!! Did they have Scottish soldier playing the bagpipes???
No bagpipes. This movie took place entirely at the widow's cabin in the woods. She was trying to get her son away from the war (she had alreadly lost one son and husband) and took him to their cabin. On Christmas Eve some American soldiers, one wounded, were lost and arrived at her cabin. While they were distracted by the wounded man, her son hid their guns somewhere outside. Then some German soldiers came. She told them they had to leave their guns outside. Of course they didn't want to, but they were led to believe the Americans had guns on them. I won't say any more than that, as I don't want to give it away. It was a very heartwarming story, told very well. It starred Linda Hamilton. Some of it was in German (with subtitles), but most of it was in English. I would highly recommend this movie. As I said, it was based on a real event.

:)Barbara

I watched a Hindi film titled Veer-Zaara last night. It was a very long film, 3 hrs+, and made me cry throughout the film. It was an excellent love story.

This film was a blockbuster hit in india. I don't like the movie it is too sentimental, but I love the songs.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Scull (or whatever it was called). This was actually better than I expected, but I had very low expectations for it. I thought the end was a bit stupid, but overall I enjoyed the movie.

Previous Indiana Jones are better. The chasing scene in this movie is too lengthy and ridiculous.

One thing I want to say there are many wrong things, that are showed about Hinduism in the movie 'Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom'.

We don't eat living leeches and monkey skull as desserts.

The practice of human sacrifice was very ancient and rare.

This film was a blockbuster hit in india. I don't like the movie it is too sentimental, but I love the songs.

Also, a few nights ago I watched Om, Jai, Jagadish. This also was an excellent film which I enjoyed very much. Again, a tear jerker.

A friend of mine has a collection of Hindi films and he lends them to me from time to time.

In the Land of Women. The wife went upstairs and to bed about 1/3 of the way thru, I managed to watch it all the way thru. Neither of us liked it and returned it to Netflix fast.

We also watched Rambo (the new one). Wow did they ever spend time on the blood and guts parts of it. Grossed the wife out and once again she went to bed early, I watched it all the way thru and while I did like it I also feel there was way more gore than necessary for the story line.
Kinda reminded me of "Hot Shots part Duex" where they have a scene with Charlie Sheen firing a M-60 machine gun while a body counter kept track of how many were shot and how that compared to other movies until it reached "Highest Body Count of All Time!!".

Tonight it is 3:10 to Yuma (also the new one). We will see how it compares to the old one, and whether or not it ends up another early night for the wife, LOL.

Also, a few nights ago I watched Om, Jai, Jagadish. This also was an excellent film which I enjoyed very much. Again, a tear jerker.

Om, Jai, Jagadish was a flop movie. It is the one of the so many stereotype Indian movie.

I'm so behind the times! The last movie I saw was Get Smart with Steve Carell on Thanksgiving Day. I was prepared to be disappointed since I was a big fan of the original series but I found it entertaining and funny. Of course it wasn't quite as slapstick as the tv show but still good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom