What's your favourite board game?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's your favourite board game?

• Scrabble

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Monopoly

• Trivial Pursuit

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Aggravation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clue

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Guess Who

• Checkers

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Chess

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mouse Trap

• Other

• Total voters
I forgot Balderdash! Love, love, love balderdash!!
It's where they have a bunch of really obscure words with really obscure meanings (all of them are true) on a card. one person picks a card then chooses a word from that card and tells everyone how to spell it.
everyone else writes do word on a piece of paper and then makes up a definition and hands it into the person who chose the word. the real definetion also gets written down and put into the mix.
then all of the definetions are read outloud and people have to guess which one is the real one.
we always get very obscure definetions and it's always tons of fun!:)

Yep, SurvivorGirl! Balderdash is a blast. Buck and I used to play it with some good friends when we lived in Maryland. I don't think I've ever laughed so much when playing a game as I did when we played Balderdash with these friends.

We introduced the game to some friends here in Kentucky around Christmastime and they're addicted. We've done some serious laughing playing the game with them, too.

But, you have to have a good "sells ice cubes to eskimos" attitude to really pull off a good spoof word!

Katie E said:
Yep, SurvivorGirl! Balderdash is a blast. Buck and I used to play it with some good friends when we lived in Maryland. I don't think I've ever laughed so much when playing a game as I did when we played Balderdash with these friends.

We introduced the game to some friends here in Kentucky around Christmastime and they're addicted. We've done some serious laughing playing the game with them, too.

But, you have to have a good "sells ice cubes to eskimos" attitude to really pull off a good spoof word!
I agree! I'm prolly the worst at trying to keep the fact that their reading my word to myself! I always out laughing. we only discovered it a couple of years ago up here at our cottage. we have since then ordered a newer version for home.
It's definetly a good one!

my favourite games are backgammon and risk, so i voted other.

nothing like lucky dice, or world domination.

Chess. It's the one game that really tests your ability to think and to strategize on the fly. Winning isn't due to a lucky spin, roll of the dice, etc. but to careful planning and execution. It's basically a civilized war on a game board.

Stratego and Shogi would be a close tie for second.

Back
Top Bottom