"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #11
DC's Angel

For the craziest chase you'll ever see, check out this video.
It is absolutely incredible.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i tried a few times in my younger/wilder days; not a very bright thing to do.
got caught twice: once on foot, once in a car.
LOL!!! Dude, I am certain we could of been friends back in that day!!!! I ran from the cops twice and was able to get away both times. One day I got pulled over for speeding, (I was nervous to because my inspection sticker was out), when the cop asked me why I was speeding, I told him I was in a hurry to get my car inspected before I got caught... and they bought it showing me where to go to get my car inspected!!! Yep, I went straight over there to get it inspected... NOT!!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
Cook

The downside to running in the USA is minimized because you can't just get shot in the back, or (officially speaking) beat to a pulp for trying. There are a gazillion rules for the cops (Though maybe not applicable in some spots; like LA). People that run figure they're screwed anyway, so it's worth a shot.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Blackwell
The downside to running in the USA is minimized because you can't just get shot in the back, or (officially speaking) beat to a pulp for trying. There are a gazillion rules for the cops (Though maybe not applicable in some spots; like LA). People that run figure they're screwed anyway, so it's worth a shot.
Oh, L.A. has the same rules, but still there will always be rogue cops who break them either willfully or in panic; hence, the reason for such regulations, which protect both the department and civilians, who deserve, unless directly threatening someone, to have their day in court. Thankfully, most departments try their best to screen out those with personalities not befitting a most difficult job.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
For the craziest chase you'll ever see, check out this video.
It is absolutely incredible.

Now I remember that happening but had completely forgotten about it. I can not begin to imagine the terror that struck those poor people. My heart was in my throat watching it and I knew how it ended.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Blackwell
Yea.... you may have a point there... wow, can you imagine being in that place where it is all or nothing???
Old 02-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz
Remember the ol' saying? 'No motor beats Motor-ola.'
"You can outrun the cops, but you can't outrun their radios."

I did it once. I had just picked up my 66 Stang and some guy at this one light was revving at me. I was like 20 and full of testosterone(SP) so I was like, whatever. I thought, it's too early for the cops to be sitting anywhere and there ain't no one on the road anyway, 'cept the people behind us. Light turned and we both gunned it. As we got to the top of the hill on the highway (about 200 yards from the off ramp), I looked at my speedo, 110MPH. I look over and he's slowing down and pointing to the side of the road. We fly by the *gentlemens club* and a white, unmarked, crown vic with one headlight out, pulls out behind the two cars behind me. than I see the lights going. EVERYONE hopped into the slow lane (where I was) and I took my off ramp at about 45, didn't stop at the bottom (I looked and no one was coming). Than I made a left turn thru a red light and went all the way to the other side of town before slowly driving home.

The last time I did 100, I got caught, but I wasn't about to deny it. The cop cut across the express lanes and came into the regular traffic lanes on the parkway. He got behind me, I pulled right over to the shoulder without him even turning on his lights. He walked up and asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. I said, speeding. He looked shocked for a second, I guess people try to lie when they get pulled over?

He asked me where I was in such a rush to get to and I told him I had a class at 8, it was about 7:45 and I needed to get to Neptune no later than 8 or I would have to take the class over again (which was the truth). I needed to go 100 the rest of the way down there just to make it in time. He kept me waiting there for 15 minutes before giving me a ticket for 74 in a 65 (kept me out of double points and he clocked me at 91). If I didn't have that ticket, I would have had to take the class over again. My instructor asked me if I learned anything, I said yeah, don't stay up all night if you have to get up early in the morning!

I'll never do that again!