Your Coffee Mug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagut

Head Chef
I'm not talking about a coffee mug. I want to know who else has a coffee mug that they have to have that morning brew in.

For me if the java isn't in my Zebra mug it just isn't the same.

There is just something about the familiarity of that mug in my hand that makes the coffee that much better. If I have to use a different mug it just isn't the same satisfaction in the cup of joe.

Anyone as crazy as me when it comes to the AM. drink.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 232
I have a ten ounce white cup that is MINE, all MINE! Heaven help anyone who dares to use MY cup. :angel:

I have six large "café au lait cups". They are mug sized, but cup shaped. I have some other, similarly sized and shaped cups, but I prefer to use the blue and white ones with flowers.

I have a ten ounce white cup that is MINE, all MINE! Heaven help anyone who dares to use MY cup. :angel:

Now that's what I'm talking about. :clap:

I'll bet ya the coffee doesn't taste as good in a different mug.

Anyone who even thinks about using my zebra mug had better be fast on there feet. ;)

Plenty of coffee but only so many mugs. :mrgreen:

My tea mug has kittens on it, and I brought it with me from Romania. It belonged to my grandmother, and if anyone aside of me dares to touch it, I have trained the kittens to bite, scratch, and hork hairballs at them.

With love,
~Cat

Cat I'm so happy to see I'm not alone. ;)

Ethel and Lucy (My Kitties) know not to mess with my zebra mug. Glad to hear your attack kitties protect your special mug.

I know I sure wouldn't mess with it if a kitty was going to hork a hairball at me. :LOL:

Last edited:
I have a 12 ounce Happy Bunny (in a straight jacket) mug that says, "Cute but psycho". There is a second cup, 12 oz also that says, "Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ...." Dad gave me that one when I was about 18 years old.

Last edited:
Cat I'm so happy to see I'm not alone. ;)

Ethel and Lucy (My Kitties) know not to mess with my zebra mug. Glad to hear your attack kitties protect your special mug.

I know I sure wouldn't mess with it if a kitty was going to hork a hairball at me. :LOL:

Ha! Cats are very smart to not mess with anything which resembles zebras. Zebras are awkward and they tend to step on tails, yes?

With love,
~Cat

PF. those sound like wonderful mugs. But can you drink the java and enjoy it as much if it's in a different one?

Cat, I agree that cats are very smart. But I think the reason Ethel and Lucy don't mess with my Java mug is because I'm a grumpy old bastard and not because of any zebra markings on the mug.

But I love them beyond belief and I think they like me. After all they are nice enough to let me live in there house. :rolleyes:

PF. those sound like wonderful mugs. But can you drink the java and enjoy it as much if it's in a different one?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that these were my morning coffee mugs. I only use the Happy Bunny now, but had used the "Pardon me..." mug every morning up until I got the Bunny mug.

Shrek wouldn't think of using either mug...because I AM cute, but psycho. I even take the mug with me when we go out of town.

When we go for breakfast, I've already had at least two cups of coffee, so it doesn't matter what I drink out of by then.

I have 3 different ones, and I do get rather irate if anyone else uses them. Coffee never tastes right otherwise

I've been using this one daily since my birthday in December. I'd love to see more pictures!

img_1362904_0_706aa80aebc8e738ea9265884b3ff0fc.jpg

We bought five of these mugs in Aruba with slightly different nautical/oceanic scenic motifs on the same deep blue background. We're down to three cups now. Here's one. This one with the sailboats is officially mine. SO won't use it because the sailboats make it masculine (?).

Attachments

• DSC04550.jpg
    DSC04550.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 172
We bought five of these mugs in Aruba with slightly different nautical/oceanic scenic motifs on the same deep blue background. We're down to three cups now. Here's one. This one with the sailboats is officially mine. SO won't use it because the sailboats make it masculine (?).

Hey, that cloud looks like the top of a sheep.
uhh, not that I'd know anything about that...:ermm:

Is it because they don't get cleaned like the other dishes? I rarely clean my mug because it affects the taste.

I don't often drink coffee, but when I do...... I don't care what you serve it in after the second Irish Coffee!:rolleyes: Wait, is it coffee with Bushmill's or Bushmill's with coffee? I can't remember.:ohmy:

Is it because they don't get cleaned like the other dishes? I rarely clean my mug because it affects the taste.

Sounds like the mug Spike used to have. The inside was darker than my blackest clothing item. He never washed it. Then one day his SIL got hold of it and it slipped out of her hand while she was scrubbing it and it broke. I don't think he has forgiven her to this day. :angel:

I have three. More often than not, I use the plain white one on the left. I usually have a cup of cafe au lait in the morning and tea in the afternoon. The same cup works well for both.

But if I'm having a big ol' cup of joe (very rarely) or a hot chocolate (more in winter than anything) then I'll use one of the other two. Even though they might not get used every day, they are MY mugs, and everyone who darkens my doorstep knows that.

img_1362963_0_bb3866ef22e725661305db7f038d8c6d.jpg

Unlike most of you, my first cup of the day is mouthwash tea. Not too strong, but certainly not weak, with a touch of sugar (about 1/5 tsp, actually) and a decent pour of half 1% milk/half half-&-half. I do have a couple tea-only mugs, but my favorite is a 15-ouncer from OH. Now about those coffee cups. We have a cupboard full of a variety! Some are for Himself only. Of the rest I pick the size and design depending on what my mood du jour is. Today's brew is brought to me by my Bag Lady cats.

Attachments

• 2014-05-12 15.29.33.jpg
    2014-05-12 15.29.33.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 186
Back
Top Bottom