Your job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Executive Chef at the Cafe in the New York Stock Exchange. Sounds much more glamourous than it really is. We do about 700 meals a day.

Last time I revealed my job, things got a little ugly.

Im a Dentist....
Awww, Larry, I'm sorry about that. It's true, your profession often brings out some hostile feelings in folks. But honestly, I can't tell you how many times since you joined DC I've wished I lived closer to where you are so I could be your patient. You are a very cool guy and I would trust you inside my mouth!

Last time I revealed my job, things got a little ugly.

Im a Dentist....
I for one am glad we have people like you Larry. Could you imagine what it would be like if we had no dentists? I would not even want to think about it.

I know that since I started flossing on a regular basis, I really have not minded going to the dentist at all. My mom also happens to work in my dentist office so that plays into it as well ;)

I went to Cosmetology school when I was 18, and worked in a salon (and a barber shop..) for about 2 years. I still have a small clientel that comes to me, but i'm a full time certified nurses assistant at a nursing home now. I absolutely love it. I'm considering moving on to a hospital, and get on their scholarship program to go to Nursing school and maybe get my LPN lisence... It's something to think about, that's for sure.

I've worked for the same company for 20 years. And have held various positions within IT (Information Technology) from managment to tape data analyst to third party software administration. Currently I am an application coordinator. I love my job, I can move around every 3 or 4 years and learn something new! Plus I can do most of it from home... that is the best part.

Hmm, what do I NOT do?

I have my own part-time catering company that specializes in weddings, luncheons, teas and private dinner parties; I design, bake and decorate cakes, cook for our student borders, teach word processing and web design (used to be to full classes but now just one on one). In the fall I will be teaching cooking at my husbands work (a third stage recovery centre)....that is if I don't go in for a knee replacement before hand.

Oh, did I mention that I actually retired a couple of years ago from our web hosting company due to health reasons and instead decided do something with my culinary degree?

I need a dentist! I got this tooth over here on the side that.... anyway not to sidetrack there.

I was working part time with the wife on her gardening business, I took care of small decorative walls, flagstone paths, decorative fencing, and garden installations. Now, because of health, I am back to simply stay at home dad, or monkey wrangler as I like to call it! LOL.

Long ago I worked in Telecommunications, and before that IT and for a long time I ran a small computer sales/service business out of the home in addition to working those jobs.

I am a Social Worker who does in home counseling and case management for families who have been involved with Child Protective Services with the aim of improving family unity and empowerment to become independent of public assistance.

:angel: Thanks guys ( and gals) Im feeling so loved . Anyway, the way I look at it is, this is a cooking forum, which requires eating, and therefore healthy functional teeth ( although I have seen and heard about many people gumming it !!). So, Look at me and those in my profession as trying to help u enjoy doing what you love, which is eating all the great recipes we learn here at DC.:-p

but, doesn't the blood in your hair and on your lab coat kinda kill the appetite, larry?

j/k. :)

i am a broadcast engineer for the cbs television network in nyc.

which means i fix stuff. everything that creates then broadcasts television.

(i crack open computers, cameras, and tv's, remove the dead squirrel from the wheel cage, and put in a new one with a peanut tied to a stick on his head).

but seriously, the best way to describe my job is i'm sorta like scotty on star trek. the enterpirise has already been built; i maintain and upgrade the existing systems, and help build all of the new one's on the ship.

it gets really boring constantly redirecting power from life support to the shields and phaser arrays, though.

you have to get them to stand on little round circles on a platform, then you go behind the cardboard console and press a few buttons, then move the slider down until you see them disappear.

it totally amazes me every time.

You know I think you have a point there!!!! Should we ask Mr. Spock to do a mind meld and see if they are really one in the same?

Back
Top Bottom